Who is our next first rounder?

Advertisement
Greg is going to be a 1st rounder, just wait on it. Brevin I think is a day 1 guy. Very possible for JT to be a first round guy with a solid year and run a sub 4.3 at the combine, speed kills.

I think, looking at Joe Jack's production, Garvin would need to stay through his senior year to make it to the first round. Joe had 35 TFL and 22 sacks and is barely crack day 2. Garvin right now is at 22 and 7, though he is more athletic. But he would have to probably crack 50 TFLs and 25 sacks in his career to make the first round, which he would need more time to do so barring a magical year in 2019.

True, but I think Joe is also suffering from the sheer volume of DL going in this draft. Any other year he's probably a R2 lock.

Hitting career stat thresholds isn't how you get drafted in the first round. You get drafted in the first round by showing high-level NFL traits.

Garvin's wingspan, explosiveness and feet will lead to good testing numbers (36" vert out of HS). I expect a big season from Garvin. He has a natural bend around the edge that can't be taught. He's a better passrusher than Joe Jackson.

I'm not saying he's a surefire first rounder, but with the season I'm expecting from him, he will be in the conversation.
Im saying he needs BOTH. you dont get into the first without BOTH numbers and talent. One or the other cannot be absent. I can show you probably 20 examples of talent in this draft that wont see day 1 or 2.

Advertisement
Im saying he needs BOTH. you dont get into the first without BOTH numbers and talent. One or the other cannot be absent. I can show you probably 20 examples of talent in this draft that wont see day 1 or 2.

If he puts up numbers and flashes his traits this year, these career marks you're talking about mean nothing. Rashan Gary is about to go round 1 with a whopping 3.5 sacks and 6.5 tfls last year (9.5 sacks and 23 tfls for career)

Advertisement
Gurvan Hall can be a sneaky pick for 2021 if he shows out this year and next. He'd have to have a jamal adams type impact though and show elite ball skills and good play in run support. I could see it

Advertisement
If he puts up numbers and flashes his traits this year, these career marks you're talking about mean nothing. Rashan Gary is about to go round 1 with a whopping 3.5 sacks and 6.5 tfls last year (9.5 sacks and 23 tfls for career)
I disagree. Gary did that as a do all guy. Played 3 tech, edge, stand up and dropped back all at 6'5 280. And his Combine numbers were some of the best EVER. THATS the difference. I love Garvin but he won't come very close to the attached pictures numbers.

Attachments

• Gary.PNG
    Gary.PNG
    69.7 KB · Views: 14
I disagree. Gary did that as a do all guy. Played 3 tech, edge, stand up and dropped back all at 6'5 280. And his Combine numbers were some of the best EVER. THATS the difference. I love Garvin but he won't come very close to the attached pictures numbers.

That's all fine and also veering so far from the original point of discussion. Comparison of career marks to Joe Jackson is an extremely meaningless exercise.

I see special talent in Garvin. He flashes NFL traits. If he puts it all together with consistency this year, he will have great production and be in the picture for 1st round consideration.

That's all fine and also veering so far from the original point of discussion. Comparison of career marks to Joe Jackson is an extremely meaningless exercise.

I see special talent in Garvin. He flashes NFL traits. If he puts it all together with consistency this year, he will have great production and be in the picture for 1st round consideration.
I would say its within the argument and if anything, is attributable to your point that NFL traits get you in the first round.

And the point of comping to Joe Jack was to say that players need some standard of production.

Your saying Garvin has traits. (your original point)
You then said he needs consistency and production (part of my point)
We are saying the same thing.
You need traits and production to make the first round.

Advertisement
I would say its within the argument and if anything, is attributable to your point that NFL traits get you in the first round.

And the point of comping to Joe Jack was to say that players need some standard of production.

Your saying Garvin has traits. (your original point)
You then said he needs consistency and production (part of my point)
We are saying the same thing.
You need traits and production to make the first round.

Maybe I misconstrued your first post. You wrote it as if the idea of Garvin staying 4 years would allow him to hit career stat marks which would increase his 1st round likelihood. That seemed nonsensical to me. I agree with what you've posted since then.

You guys realize it’s not easy to crack the first round? You have to have insane potential or a dominant junior or senior year. With that said I see Mallory with the best shot.

Maybe I misconstrued your first post. You wrote it as if the idea of Garvin staying 4 years would allow him to hit career stat marks which would increase his 1st round likelihood. That seemed nonsensical to me. I agree with what you've posted since then.
Respect. I may have messed up the first point. I think hes in the convo for first rd after this year. I think with a 4th year of proof essentially of his value hes a lock in my eyes.

Advertisement
Back