Who is joining the team next year?

Advertisement
And he spent most of the season shooting below 33% from deep, in fact he was sub 30% from distance his junior and senior year. That's WHY we were all shocked he hit that shot, because out of all the people on the floor, he was the least likely to hit anything from deep.
I know, I know. Just couldn’t resist.

Idk why you are so defensive about this. L is a great coach. He has had a lot of great years here. That was a C+ type of season given the talent on the roster. The team was less than the sum of its parts.

Newton was a big time talent. He never improved after his freshman year here. He's probably the biggest player development failure of the L era. Maybe no coach could've gotten more out of him. All we know is L didn't.

Huell was a talented kid from day 1. He had many limitations, especially early in his career. But the job of a coach is to find ways to maximize what players do well. He didn't do that in 2017. Could another coach have done that? Maybe, maybe not. All we know is L didn't.

By you logic, coaches should never be given credit or blame for anything, since it always comes down to the players.
It's not about being defensive(nice job debating like a woman, BTW), it's obvious and I mean obvious you weren't paying attention to that team and chose to run with a narrative that makes zero sense. Anyone that actually watched that team over the course of the year(and viewed it with context) knew that Miami wasn't expected to make the tournament coming into the season, and for good reason. They lost a ton of talent, and it wasn't like they were reloading with a bunch of lottery picks.

By the way, a guy flashing talent in high school and then failing to develop isn't always on coaching. Some guys just don't develop because they don't listen. L spent 4 years trying to get Newton to 1)Improve his jumper 2)Tighten his handle and 3)Not be reckless with the ball. Guess what? Newton never improved in those areas. Frankly, I think that he felt as if he knew everything and thought that L should adjust to his street ball crap, and not the other way around. There's a reason why out of all the guards that came through and stayed, Newton remains one of the few that didn't develop. Frankly, I think that if you asked L today and he was honest, he would say that he would have been better off letting Newton transfer and keeping Manu. You think that L decided to give this guy starter minutes for multiple years because he didn't like him? No, L wanted him to develop, but if a guy "Knows Better", then there. By the way, Huell has shown himself to not be the same player people projected him to be coming out of HS. There's a reason why he's on the periphery of professional basketball right now, despite being an elite athlete.

It's not about being defensive(nice job debating like a woman, BTW), it's obvious and I mean obvious you weren't paying attention to that team and chose to run with a narrative that makes zero sense. Anyone that actually watched that team over the course of the year(and viewed it with context) knew that Miami wasn't expected to make the tournament coming into the season, and for good reason. They lost a ton of talent, and it wasn't like they were reloading with a bunch of lottery picks.

By the way, a guy flashing talent in high school and then failing to develop isn't always on coaching. Some guys just don't develop because they don't listen. L spent 4 years trying to get Newton to 1)Improve his jumper 2)Tighten his handle and 3)Not be reckless with the ball. Guess what? Newton never improved in those areas. Frankly, I think that he felt as if he knew everything and thought that L should adjust to his street ball crap, and not the other way around. There's a reason why out of all the guards that came through and stayed, Newton remains one of the few that didn't develop. Frankly, I think that if you asked L today and he was honest, he would say that he would have been better off letting Newton transfer and keeping Manu. You think that L decided to give this guy starter minutes for multiple years because he didn't like him? No, L wanted him to develop, but if a guy "Knows Better", then there. By the way, Huell has shown himself to not be the same player people projected him to be coming out of HS. There's a reason why he's on the periphery of professional basketball right now, despite being an elite athlete.
"Nice job debating like a woman", Jesus Christ lol ok dude. What an insane comment to start with. I really hope you're single and no woman needs to put up with you. Also, I miss like 3 games a year, so you're wrong about that too. We just disagree, but I guess you can't handle disagreement like an adult, so I'm muting you.

Oh and you're also flat out wrong. Here are THREE articles I found in about 30 seconds of Googling that show Miami was expected to make the tournament that season. It's fine to be wrong - except when you repeatedly double down and show yourself to be a jackass.

BTW I'm a huge Coach L fan. I never wanted him gone (although if we sucked this year, it might've been time). I guess you think he's perfect whereas I think he's merely human.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back