Who is joining the team next year?

Jmhcane

Sophomore
I don’t know the players on the bench that are expected to add a lot next year. Also, who are the incoming freshmen and transfers. Is there a list of these guys somewhere?
I hope Miller and Wong stay, but we need some bigs and our D needs to improve.

Advertisement
I don’t know the players on the bench that are expected to add a lot next year. Also, who are the incoming freshmen and transfers. Is there a list of these guys somewhere?
I hope Miller and Wong stay, but we need some bigs and our D needs to improve.

Is Gak's visa expiring or something? Why wouldn't he come back?

Advertisement
They have one open scholarship but could have as many as 3 if Wong goes pro and Gak does not return.
The difficult part is that Miami is better when older under Coach L and he struggles with young teams.
Even if he finds 3 transfers over 22 years old, they will not be experienced in his system.
Plus, he is in the last year of his contract so the dilemma becomes more interesting.

Advertisement
They have one open scholarship but could have as many as 3 if Wong goes pro and Gak does not return.
The difficult part is that Miami is better when older under Coach L and he struggles with young teams.
Even if he finds 3 transfers over 22 years old, they will not be experienced in his system.
Plus, he is in the last year of his contract so the dilemma becomes more interesting.

Who knows with Wong? If Miami goes on a run in the tournament this year, he may decide to leave. Then again, I think that he may want to come back and be the man next season, and carry the team to another tournament appearance and leave his mark in the history books. It all depends on him and what matters most. I am not expecting him to return, but weirder things have happened.

He didn't struggle with Brown and Lonnie, that team made the dance and probably would have been better off had Bruce not gotten hurt.

L likes to have experienced teams(Most coaches do, unless you are able to recruit like a blue blood), so he will most likely hit the portal hard for some guys(Hopefully a legit center and another PG). It's not like L is running some kind of unique system that no one can grasp, Charlie Moore figured it out. It's about making good evaluations and bringing in the right guys. People also forget that L has had a good record in regards to developing guys. I expect Wooga and Joseph to make huge strides this offseason, and into next year as their minutes increase. I also expect the incoming freshman to be solid early on, they aren't long term developmental projects. There's a lot of talent coming back, albeit a bit unproven.

I forgot about Miller, who does whatever needs to be done. He can be a scorer, he can be a role guy. Dude does a lot. He may come back next year as well.

He didn't struggle with Brown and Lonnie, that team made the dance and probably would have been better off had Bruce not gotten hurt.

L likes to have experienced teams(Most coaches do, unless you are able to recruit like a blue blood), so he will most likely hit the portal hard for some guys(Hopefully a legit center and another PG). It's not like L is running some kind of unique system that no one can grasp, Charlie Moore figured it out. It's about making good evaluations and bringing in the right guys. People also forget that L has had a good record in regards to developing guys. I expect Wooga and Joseph to make huge strides this offseason, and into next year as their minutes increase. I also expect the incoming freshman to be solid early on, they aren't long term developmental projects. There's a lot of talent coming back, albeit a bit unproven.

I forgot about Miller, who does whatever needs to be done. He can be a scorer, he can be a role guy. Dude does a lot. He may come back next year as well.
I don't see any reasons why Jordan Miller wouldn't come back.

Advertisement
Wong isn't even one of the top 100 draft prospects in a sport where only 60 players are drafted, so unless he's dying to play overseas it would make sense that he would be back.

also would hope that our success this year would bump us up the pecking order for transfers. there will be a lot of shots to go around.

Wong isn't even one of the top 100 draft prospects in a sport where only 60 players are drafted, so unless he's dying to play overseas it would make sense that he would be back.

also would hope that our success this year would bump us up the pecking order for transfers. there will be a lot of shots to go around.

I agree that Wong SHOULD come back. Sounds like he's had 1 foot out the door for about a year and a half now though, so I wouldn't count on it.

Advertisement
I believe Coach L's contract ends in 2024, I wouldnt be shocked if it is extended 2 more years and than he retires.

Maybe Wong should take a page from Charlie Moores book and stay another year to max out his potential. I do believe if he went pro he would be in the G league next year. It will be a check and he wouldn't have to go to class. I'd be surprised if he wanted to do another lap in college without a profitable NIL deal.

What's the deal with that Jakai Robinson? Can't that billionaire cuban give Wong 250,000 $ or something - because Wobg has no business going into the draft; 30 - 40 years ago yes a Wong is a first round pick,but now with all these Global players in the draft it's a gamble - Look at some of the absolute stiffs drafted back then from college

Advertisement
Back