Who is in your All-Time defensive seconday?

the four best Safeties to ever suit up with the U on their hat

Sean Taylor
Ed Reed
CJ Richardson
Daryl "the hit man" Williams

the last 2 don't ever get the LOVE they deserve

Huh? Those are the four best ever at Miami? You would take ALL of those over Bennie Blades?

Then we do not watch the same game.

The only way at least a couple of those guys and Bennie end up in the same sentence is if that sentence is "_ ain't no Bennie Blades."

Advertisement
LCB - Deion Sanders/ Chris McAlister
RCB - Champ Bailey/ Rashean Mathis
NCB - Duane Starks/ Darrell Green

FS - Ed Reed/ Louis Delmas
SS - Sean Taylor/ Bernard Pollard

Striker - Adrian Wilson/ Brandon Meriweather

Advertisement
Huh? Those are the four best ever at Miami? You would take ALL of those over Bennie Blades?

Then we do not watch the same game.

The only way at least a couple of those guys and Bennie end up in the same sentence is if that sentence is "_ ain't no Bennie Blades."

This. Bennie was a very very bad man. Loved watching him play the game, and saw each of those quoted along with Blades many times live. Don't know why some fans discount him so much. I know Reed and ST are all timers but Blades was every bit as special. I mean ****, he was good enough to be considered a top 5 draft pick. Loved Bennie and the Jets.

Also to add to the non Cane list Jack Tatum.

Jack used the hook and said "the hook, catching an opponent's head in the crook of a bent arm at full speed to strip the receiver of the ball, his helmet, his head and his courage." Dude was a bad man.

Advertisement
This. Bennie was a very very bad man. Loved watching him play the game, and saw each of those quoted along with Blades many times live. Don't know why some fans discount him so much. I know Reed and ST are all timers but Blades was every bit as special. I mean ****, he was good enough to be considered a top 5 draft pick. Loved Bennie and the Jets.

Also to add to the non Cane list Jack Tatum.

Jack used the hook and said "the hook, catching an opponent's head in the crook of a bent arm at full speed to strip the receiver of the ball, his helmet, his head and his courage." Dude was a bad man.
Bennie was also a World Class 400 meter guy....His brother Brian was a World Class 100 sprinter....

Honestly with as little UM bias as I can have I really do think reed and Taylor are the best safety combo you can have they balance each other out perfectly Reed can cover the whole field, and Taylor can play in the box and up top.

Advertisement
Honestly with as little UM bias as I can have I really do think reed and Taylor are the best safety combo you can have they balance each other out perfectly Reed can cover the whole field, and Taylor can play in the box and up top.
Bennie could do both as well..if not better...

Deion and Mel Blount at Corner

Polumalu at Nickle

Reed and ST at Safety
I know Reed and ST, but who the **** are those other smacks. I think Playmaker made some dude name Deion his ***** for a couple years when he was here, but the other two are blanks. It’s all about The U.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back