Who is in your All-Time defensive seconday?

Advertisement
Don't I know it. Trust me I've spent the majority of my life hearing about it. Amazingly smart too. Burgess had always been an inspiration to me. My younger years were filled with my old boy, Burgess, Ted, his wife Janet & his two mastiffs sitting around hearing war stories of college,NFL & how good they each were. I feel like I was destined to be a guidance counselor...

You are Blessed. Burgess was like an extra coach on the field at all times. Dude is very smart. The last ten years or so, I’ve cut way back on reading books because there was so much bs out there, but I’ve read all of his. His opinions are worth listening to. On the field, he is one of the older players who might have kept even our greats of the glory days on the pine. He was that good.

This. Bennie was a very very bad man. Loved watching him play the game, and saw each of those quoted along with Blades many times live. Don't know why some fans discount him so much. I know Reed and ST are all timers but Blades was every bit as special. I mean ****, he was good enough to be considered a top 5 draft pick. Loved Bennie and the Jets.

Also to add to the non Cane list Jack Tatum.

Jack used the hook and said "the hook, catching an opponent's head in the crook of a bent arm at full speed to strip the receiver of the ball, his helmet, his head and his courage." Dude was a bad man.

Bennie was a complete terror and cannot be left out even in the face of Ed and ST. Also, Fred Marion and Brugess Owens.

As to not Cane safeties, let’s not forget our own, Jake Scott and **** Anderson. Scott was a fantastic ahtelete and Anderson a true master of his day. Remember ba then, the run was king. OJ, who only rushed for more than 100 yards against the Fins once, I think, said **** was the only player he never once faked or caught out of position. As fitting to the No Name defense, neither got the press or fame of other backs, but keep in mind it that defense who’s record Ray’s Ravens finally broke some 30 years later.

Advertisement
Cb1 prime
Cb2 ronde barber
Nickel Patrick Peterson
Fs Ed reed
Ss ST(heart pick) or Brian Dawkins.
Dawkins is definitely a baller. He’s considered one of the better safeties but still think he deserved a bit more recognition. Ronde barber is one of my favorite players of all time especially considering I’m a bucs fan

Bennie was a complete terror and cannot be left out even in the face of Ed and ST. Also, Fred Marion and Brugess Owens.

As to not Cane safeties, let’s not forget our own, Jake Scott and **** Anderson. Scott was a fantastic ahtelete and Anderson a true master of his day. Remember ba then, the run was king. OJ, who only rushed for more than 100 yards against the Fins once, I think, said **** was the only player he never once faked or caught out of position. As fitting to the No Name defense, neither got the press or fame of other backs, but keep in mind it that defense who’s record Ray’s Ravens finally broke some 30 years later.
Any Cane that doesn't include Bennie with the other Great UM safeties (Ed...Sean..Owens..etc...) have no idea about UM FB...

Dawkins is definitely a baller. He’s considered one of the better safeties but still think he deserved a bit more recognition. Ronde barber is one of my favorite players of all time especially considering I’m a bucs fan
Bucs fan too. I have affinity for hitters. There was one time I thought Brian Dawkins killed Michael Vick.

Advertisement

Good stuff there, remember a lot of it well. Family had Fins tickets back in their heyday as well. Anderson and Scott were amazing. The talent that rolled through the OB was incredible. With all of its faults I miss the place, and spent a lot of Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays there. I'm glad I was able to take my son to a few games there before it was torn down. Sorry to get off topic though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back