Who is here from old Grassy/Scout?

Texxcane both boards, Auggie hooked me up around 97-98, ****ed me off to lose all my posts, over 10k, took years

I feel your pain , many years myself on Grassy posts MANY thousands GONE.....remember me on TOWN HALL battling the V LMAO

GOCANES

Advertisement
Advertisement
Started on Grassy around 2000
Went on often, but rarely posted. I may have posted 10 times. Didn't want to get that "Bear Virus". RIP DBC
It's hard to believe I've been on here now for a little more than 6 years.

I know that Ytowncane Guy was 330 Cane just by his posts. He really was connected to the Youngstown coaches and some of our older players.

Starting posting on Grassy during 1998. Had a few names. Last one I think was GreenHoyaCane. Remember the 1998 class with the twin linebackers. Remember the "fail" at safety when they extended a scholarship to Ed Reed............ Was hoping to be in the top 10 every now again during 1998. Never expected the 2000-2002 run.

Advertisement
I was Cogley on there.

RIP Cogs.

cogs.png

Same name there. I came in at the very end of the Grassy era, whenever that was. I have been here since inception.

Advertisement
I remember signing up in 2001-02 (same username).

I was around 13 years old, and I begged my parents to give me the $100 for the annual subscription.

That ******* Mike Bakas still owes me the 2004 NSD Recruiting Class Highlights VHS that I paid for.
PM Banditcane for the video

Same name back in the Grassy days. Was there in '97. Can't believe I've been following all you guys for 20 years!

Advertisement
Started on Eye of the Hurricanes in '96 and found Grassy about '99 back when Mike Bakas use to ride his bicycle to watch practices....stumbled into the Lounge the night we won the Rose Bowl and never left till they threw us out of the place. Being a Loungie, naturally I took up residence in the WEZ, but come here for the recruiting and news.

Do recognize some notables from the past. Like it here now, but as mentioned a few time in this thread, the Lounge lineup circa 2002-5 was like the Murderer's Row of Internet Message Board.....lotta really funny dudes back then.....we even managed to keep few chicks amused enough to hang around...then, like the Canes, we eventually sucked, and now here I am, a bitter old man desperately seeking to recapture the glory of his youth, when he could create online personas using fake IP addresses without getting caught........Hola Nolechica!

No, don't tell me YOU were nolechica. LOL, I started the original "What do you look like" thread and I remember "nolechica" posting her picture in it. The girl in the pic was a bit of a disappointment, to be honest, but it was still nice to think that I was talking to an actual female fan of our our archrival. I even remember unsuccessfully working to try to turn her to the good side, lol. Memory officially ruined. Haha, I kind of wish you would have kept that little admission to yourself.

No, don't tell me YOU were nolechica. LOL, I started the original "What do you look like" thread and I remember "nolechica" posting her picture in it. The girl in the pic was a bit of a disappointment, to be honest, but it was still nice to think that I was talking to an actual female fan of our our archrival. I even remember unsuccessfully working to try to turn her to the good side, lol. Memory officially ruined. Haha, I kind of wish you would have kept that little admission to yourself.

Not to worry...there was an actual Nolechica......and she was a nice albeit naïve young girl (I think she lives in New Orleans now and has 3 kids)......I sweet talked her out of her password (not her pants though) and posed as her for awhile......IIRC her name was Erin and she loved Chris Rix, so when she wanted her ID back I started a new persona "Chris Rix Sux Dix"......and about that time we started a bunch of Grassy spoof Boards; Assy, Harassy, etc. and then as the team started sucking so did the Boards.....must have had about a dozen fake ID's back then......I'm much more mature now.....bbbbbbwwaaaaahhhhhhhh.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back