Who had the best College and Pro career combined?

Best Overall Career

• Ted Hendricks

Votes: 47 13.4%
  • Ray Lewis

Votes: 69 19.6%
  • Michael Irving

Votes: 68 19.3%
  • Russell Maryland

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Cortez Kennedy

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • Ed Reed

Votes: 236 67.0%
  • Jim Kelly

Votes: 18 5.1%
  • Warren Sapp

Votes: 22 6.3%

• Total voters
Advertisement
I was torn between Sapp & Reed but chose Sapp over ER20 b/c of the hardware he accumulated while here.

My vote too. There’s some great choices, but Ted’s a winner on this one imho.

he also has a college football postseason award named after him. he's the goat.

Advertisement
Yes, per the criteria cited by another poster, Ted was only lacking on the "won a national championship" criterion. BUT HE HAS A MAJOR POSITIONAL AWARD NAMED AFTER HIM, so that should count for something and offset the fact that he played on some lesser UM teams...

he played when we were still wearing green and gold uniforms.

Realistically, this needs to be divided into modern era and earlier era. A good argument could be had for both Hendricks and Reed, but Reed will win becauseof recencey bias. Most here never saw Hendricks play.

Realistically, this needs to be divided into modern era and earlier era. A good argument could be had for both Hendricks and Reed, but Reed will win becauseof recencey bias. Most here never saw Hendricks play.
I wonder who blocked more kicks... Can that be the tie-breaker? ;)

Advertisement
he played when we were still wearing green and gold uniforms.
20190803_113411.jpg

It's like eeny meeny miny moe... so many Canes greats. My sentimental fav is always Jim Kelly.

Advertisement
Hendricks would win in a landslide if he had played in more modern times.

Reed and Lewis are looked at by many as “The Best Ever” to play their positions.

Lots of great players on that list.

Advertisement
Dre only had 1 Great yr at UM (2001) so no, you can't include him over Playmaker...Tana or Wayne....
Disagree - his Soph season was strong - as good as Irvins in years 700 vs 860 yards, 10 TDs vs 11. Irvin did have a strong Freshman year vs Andre. But he still is top 5 and put Irvin ahead of him for WR. Agree to disagree.

One thing about Playmaker...No offensive player in UM History had more BIG plays in important games than him. What he did to an Excellent OU secondary for 3yrs is criminal....(even as a Frosh)
Thats why my tag is Heart of The Playmaker....always had the most heart and willed his way at the biggest times

Advertisement
Back