Who got link with Bball staff? *Recruit 2024*

Advertisement

Attachments

• IMG_1632.jpeg
    IMG_1632.jpeg
    261.6 KB · Views: 71
Advertisement
Gogeta 2023 scout of the year….. PROP JOE WITHOUT THE DRUGS! WHO NEED A PLAYER? He not just walkin around like Pat Riley, he is being Pat Riley

Advertisement
@gogeta4 Any idea what UM communication is like with him?
Gotta check on it. Mom n the fam was on this side of the states on vacay the last 2 weeks.

He fits what we do...gonna d ppl up and could play the team game within flow and get to the rack.

My cuz kinda called his game an looks Jimmy Butler lol.

My younger cousin in this class got a Tulane offer recently..both kids from that lil island man.

Advertisement
Gotta check on it. Mom n the fam was on this side of the states on vacay the last 2 weeks.

He fits what we do...gonna d ppl up and could play the team game within flow and get to the rack.

My cuz kinda called his game an looks Jimmy Butler lol.

My younger cousin in this class got a Tulane offer recently..both kids from that lil island man.
D Wade is the comparison I'm hearing most from guys. Not saying he's the next D Wade by any means but that's the comparison I hear ppl talking about the most. Do know a lot of NBA scouts are on him right now. If all goes well could easily be a 1 and done when it's all over with. Ricks (his AAU coach) is getting calls from NBA teams daily. VJ's rise is crazier than Kai's. 2 Bahamian kids that for all intents and purposes came out of nowhere to become NBA prospects.

Last edited:
Re: VJ (according to Rivals)

He dropped a top ten, but Miami is one of five schools that are "serious players" for him right now.

(double post on this forum)

Overview: Edgecombe has been on the rise for a year now, and this summer acted as an exclamation point on his impressive rise to prominence. One of the top pure athletes and gifted scorers in the 2024 class, the last few months have allowed him to shine as a rebounder and defender in addition to the reputation he’s built as a true three-level scorer capable of pouring it in from anywhere on the court. Rivals was a bit conservative with his ranking last time around, as it’s clear that the New York-based wing deserves to be closer to the top-10 than his current spot at No. 23. The summer he had running with Austin Rivers Southeast Elite ensured that.

Recruitment: Edgcombe has narrowed his list to include ten programs. Of that group, however, Duke, Miami, Alabama, St. John's and Michigan seem to be the most serious players. The NBA’s G League is also under consideration.

Source: https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...that-made-the-most-of-their-grassroots-season

Advertisement
D Wade is the comparison I'm hearing most from guys. Not saying he's the next D Wade by any means but that's the comparison I hear ppl talking about the most. Do know a lot of NBA scouts are on him right now. If all goes well could easily be a 1 and done when it's all over with. Ricks (his AAU coach) is getting calls from NBA teams daily. VJ's rise is crazier than Kai's. 2 Bahamian kids that for all intents and purposes came out of nowhere to become NBA prospects.
The bolded is what i know. I just didnt want to come out n say it like that...i just sated he needs to go somewhere to play RIGHT AWAY. So you 100 percent right on it.

DWADE sounds real good man. Like i said he gonna d you up..get to the rack n has a has a high basketball iq even only playing just 1 year in the states n maybe 2 years aau.

VJ n Kai (Bimini roots, his mom from our island) are both from the same island. Per capita we have crazy athletes rooted from my island. GENO SMITH (nfl seahawks), and JJ Smith current 5 star wr are also rooted from there. We dont even have a population of 2k lol.

We need to make a trip my boy to see some high school games over there ..get some m ore prospects over.

Buddy Hield wasnt even like the best prospect when he moved over ever and he sprouted to once hitting this side in Kansas.

Whole buynch of untapped talent that way that can play bball n footbal in apinch.

Didn’t Mychal Thompson (Klay’s dad) and Deandre Ayton come from the Bahamas?
If the kid’s got da goods he’ll be found!

Neon Badaux was from Algiers :)
Mychal was a helluva player. 5x NBA All-Star. First pick in the '78 NBA Draft.

Didn't even start playing the game until he was 16. Came to Miami and led his Jackson HS team to the state championship. Undefeated, iirc. Won most games by 30 points or so.

Bet there's an interesting back story on how he ended up in frigid Minneapolis playing for the Gophers. UM had already dropped basketball so the Canes were not an option.

The bolded is what i know. I just didnt want to come out n say it like that...i just sated he needs to go somewhere to play RIGHT AWAY. So you 100 percent right on it.

DWADE sounds real good man. Like i said he gonna d you up..get to the rack n has a has a high basketball iq even only playing just 1 year in the states n maybe 2 years aau.

VJ n Kai (Bimini roots, his mom from our island) are both from the same island. Per capita we have crazy athletes rooted from my island. GENO SMITH (nfl seahawks), and JJ Smith current 5 star wr are also rooted from there. We dont even have a population of 2k lol.

We need to make a trip my boy to see some high school games over there ..get some m ore prospects over.

Buddy Hield wasnt even like the best prospect when he moved over ever and he sprouted to once hitting this side in Kansas.

Whole buynch of untapped talent that way that can play bball n footbal in apinch.
I'm down. Just let me know. ✊

Advertisement
Back