Who got link with Bball staff? *Recruit 2024*

Advertisement
Who has a link or know who to hit up in UM for recruiting?.

Have a kid from my island in the Bahamas im trying to get an offer for class of 24, he has gotten some power 5 offers lately since playing in NY.
Where’s he play in NY. I have some connection up there in hoops scene. Especially with The City Rocks

Advertisement
They should soon....came from the islands so not sure if they were hip to him
I like VJ's game. Vastly improved since the Spring when I first saw him up in Winter Haven. Good looking jump shot. Very active on the defensive end. Finishes thru contact. Handles it well. At his height, he should be more of a 1-2 though. Looked more like a 2-3 last time I saw him. Unless VJ hits another growth spurt the next couple of years, he will need to be able to show that he can play some at the 1 in order to improve his stock as a prospect. Also, let him know he needs to try to dunk every opportunity he gets. I think he settles for layups sometimes when the the dunk is available. He's got some explosiveness. Needs to show it off. Go at people's heads. Good move going to LuHi for HS and moving him over to play with my boy Ricks for AAU. Nice P5 offers as well. Not sure if he's good enough in Miami's eyes to warrant an offer right now, but I think he's definitely shown enough for our staff to keep tabs on him moving forward.

I like VJ's game. Vastly improved since the Spring when I first saw him up in Winter Haven. Good looking jump shot. Very active on the defensive end. Finishes thru contact. Handles it well. At his height, he should be more of a 1-2 though. Looked more like a 2-3 last time I saw him. Unless VJ hits another growth spurt the next couple of years, he will need to be able to show that he can play some at the 1 in order to improve his stock as a prospect. Also, let him know he needs to try to dunk every opportunity he gets. I think he settles for layups sometimes when the the dunk is available. He's got some explosiveness. Needs to show it off. Go at people's heads. Good move going to LuHi for HS and moving him over to play with my boy Ricks for AAU. Nice P5 offers as well. Not sure if he's good enough in Miami's eyes to warrant an offer right now, but I think he's definitely shown enough for our staff to keep tabs on him moving forward.
Yea he has that springy bounce to dunk to be honest more.

you got the aau links cause VJ and my cuz both played a bit for Buddy Hields squad. My cuz is up in Jacksonville now at a program.....i actually think VJ can probably play that 1 with more work...of course he is raw but it seems he got it in him a bit so a 6'4 pg aint bad.
My cuz is a shooter wing type....very raw.

Imma need yall help cause im obviously a football guy lol. I dont know what AAU kids need to be on nothing...**** we got more kids on the island thats hoopers as well. Had a kid that was a complete dog 2 years back....ended up playing Juco Ball in Kansas City if i woulda got him to a correct school he likely was a div 1 kid coming out as well early.

This big *** kid is from my Grandma's neighbotrhood and island.

Bahamas has it in Basketball with some raw *** kids if get over to US with atleast 2 years of development...they pop...Word to Rick Fox, Ayton, Hield, and Eric Gordon. (Klay Thompson to)

Advertisement
Yea he has that springy bounce to dunk to be honest more.

you got the aau links cause VJ and my cuz both played a bit for Buddy Hields squad. My cuz is up in Jacksonville now at a program.....i actually think VJ can probably play that 1 with more work...of course he is raw but it seems he got it in him a bit so a 6'4 pg aint bad.
My cuz is a shooter wing type....very raw.

Imma need yall help cause im obviously a football guy lol. I dont know what AAU kids need to be on nothing...**** we got more kids on the island thats hoopers as well. Had a kid that was a complete dog 2 years back....ended up playing Juco Ball in Kansas City if i woulda got him to a correct school he likely was a div 1 kid coming out as well early.

This big *** kid is from my Grandma's neighbotrhood and island.

Bahamas has it in Basketball with some raw *** kids if get over to US with atleast 2 years of development...they pop...Word to Rick Fox, Ayton, Hield, and Eric Gordon. (Klay Thompson to)
Kai Jones is also from the Bahamas. Played his HS (OCP) and AAU (Breakdown) ball here in Florida, before moving on to college (Texas) and the NBA (Hornets).

Didn’t Mychal Thompson (Klay’s dad) and Deandre Ayton come from the Bahamas?
If the kid’s got da goods he’ll be found!

Neon Badaux was from Algiers :)

Around 2015, I called the coaching staff to tell them about a 7-footer from the Bahamas going to a small private school in California (which was not a sports powerhouse). I had a fairly brief call with the staff member but I urged them to research my prospect. My daughter is a good friend of his (they were in the same class). I hadn't seen him play in person or met him. I figured if he was a future All-Star, he'd be playing at Mater Dei or another school with real sports pedigree. That assumption was incorrect. He turned out to be the first overall pick (#1) in the NBA Draft in 2018 (Ayton). In retrospect, I'm a little surprised the staff member didn't know him. However, he is from a foreign country & was attending a super low profile private school in CA (so maybe that explains it).

Around 2015, I called the coaching staff to tell them about a 7-footer from the Bahamas going to a small private school in California (which was not a sports powerhouse). I had a fairly brief call with the staff member but I urged them to research my prospect. My daughter is a good friend of his (they were in the same class). I hadn't seen him play in person or met him. I figured if he was a future All-Star, he'd be playing at Mater Dei or another school with real sports pedigree. That assumption was incorrect. He turned out to be the first overall pick (#1) in the NBA Draft in 2018 (Ayton). In retrospect, I'm a little surprised the staff member didn't know him. However, he is from a foreign country & was attending a super low profile private school in CA (so maybe that explains it).
How they didnt know about dude i have no clue. His name was buzzing early.

This is why i try to put kids name out there and to UM first. Just like in football, alot of the guys dont even reasearch it or look into it.

Advertisement
It only took $250,000 to get him to sign with AZ.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back