Who Gets The Real Credit For Kayya? Serious ?

Southbeach44

Sophomore
Premium
Who was the main recruiter for this guy? I am just wondering. Also, whoever it was, can they get us more like him? Or was Kayya just a fluke?
Help me out GEO.. Thanks!

Advertisement
Who was the main recruiter for this guy? I am just wondering. Also, whoever it was, can they get us more like him? Or was Kayya just a fluke?

Last few qbs coley has recruited....
Jamies Winston, brad kaaya, Evan sheriffs, jack Allison.... **** good qb talent evaluator

Jamies Winston, brad kaaya, Evan sheriffs, jack Allison.... **** good qb talent evaluator

Coley did not recruit Winston... Giving Coley too much credit...

Advertisement

He wasn't the primary recruiter, that belonged to d. Craig who is now at auburn. He played a role though. But are you trying insuate that an offensive coordinator.... Didn't recruit his hand picked QB? Yeah gtfoh with that man...

I always thought Coley spotted him early. We were after some other kid before that. Winston didn't take much evaluation other than by legal staff, PR department, compliance staff and "cover up" squad. He was obvious to all. Kaaya was great hit and we have to credit Coley, but let's wait a bit before we anoint him. Kaaya himself had a lot to do with being such a "find". Kid worked his rear off, and came in knowing the playbook and ready to take over. Coley and Al kept him in class when the wolves came calling late, but Brad is the reason he is a great find. What has Coley followed up with in the next class? Couldn't hold on to his pick this time.

Advertisement
Kaaya was working with a former NFL QB from the Cardinals (forgot his name) and he sent out film on Kaaya and Coley was the first coach to contact him and offer. The QB coach developed Kaaya and Coley recruited and closed him.

I always thought Coley spotted him early. We were after some other kid before that. Winston didn't take much evaluation other than by legal staff, PR department, compliance staff and "cover up" squad. He was obvious to all. Kaaya was great hit and we have to credit Coley, but let's wait a bit before we anoint him. Kaaya himself had a lot to do with being such a "find". Kid worked his rear off, and came in knowing the playbook and ready to take over. Coley and Al kept him in class when the wolves came calling late, but Brad is the reason he is a great find. What has Coley followed up with in the next class? Couldn't hold on to his pick this time.

We were after Morgan Mahalak who ended up going to Oregon. It's like after we found Kaaya we stopped recruiting him all together which was weird bc we had been after him awhile.... They definitely were confident in kaayas ability and his commitment.

Coley gets the credit as he was definitely in earlier than anyone but we'd all be remiss if we didn't realize that the ineptitude of UCLA and USC's staffs played almost as big a role. Jesu Christo, Boise may have even gotten Kaaya ahead of them if we weren't in the picture.

We were after Morgan Mahalak who ended up going to Oregon. It's like after we found Kaaya we stopped recruiting him all together which was weird bc we had been after him awhile.... They definitely were confident in kaayas ability and his commitment.

That's right. Morgan was former OC's guy I think. We will never know how he would have work out, but hard to complain about Kaaya.

Advertisement

That's right. Morgan was former OC's guy I think. We will never know how he would have work out, but hard to complain about Kaaya.

Yep, your right if Jedd Fisch wouldn't have went to Jax that would probably be our Qb right now.

I like Kaaya, but let's not crown him yet. Kid was very inconsistent at times last year.

Coley was on Morgan Mahalak when he wasn't even a starter for his HS, Shortly after that we jumped on Kaaya before most and secured a commitment, Mahalak went on later to prove himself and commit to Oregon. He redshirted and could very likely win the starting job this year. Not to mention the QB Dwayne Lawson we had decommit from tampa last year who was a stud coley found before most, he ended up going to VT...might haunt us.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I like Kaaya, but let's not crown him yet. Kid was very inconsistent at times last year.

You could be right, but our coaching adjustments during games are bush league on both sides of the ball. This year will tell a lot. Everyone has book on Brad now. That second year is always harder and this staff is no help at all. I expect a lot more pressure this year. Only QB I've ever seen not bothered by being hit a lot was Vinny. Even Bernie got rattled after a bunch of hits. Staff needs to expect that and have counters in place BEFORE it comes. Brad is smart; give him the right options and he will use them. If staff's coaching skill comes up to our players talent level we will be bad news for everyone once more. Unfortunately, that is beyond Al's pride to reach.

He wasn't the primary recruiter, that belonged to d. Craig who is now at auburn. He played a role though. But are you trying insuate that an offensive coordinator.... Didn't recruit his hand picked QB? Yeah gtfoh with that man...

You try too hard to give credit to everyone, dear friend. Let go of that overwhelming desire you have to be viewed as the milquetoast voice of reason. You'll be cutting orange slices for a girls soccer team before you know it wondering where your life went.

Coley didn't recruit Winston. And Winston was a 5 star who everyone wanted. If he didn't recruit him, and there was no evaluation because everyone in the world knew about Winston and his skills what is it that you want to credit Coley with?

I think Kaaya is smart enough to start over ruling some of the plays Coley's sending in and go with something he knows will work..

lets wait and see if BK can continue to develop. we've seen countless examples under C-A-G and the previous regimes of FR coming in and looking really good only to never get better.

Advertisement
Back