X's and O's Who Ends Up With "Better" Run: Riley vs Cristobal

Advertisement
The advantage lincoln has is he will never have to find an OC.

Oline coaches is probably a top 3 important hire for a program after the coordinators so Mario n Mirabal have the advantage there.

Lincoln teams have got exposed physically ,especially on defense its just not his identity but im sure top DCs will flock to usc eventually.

Mario wants his teams to look a certain way so his process is gonna take longer, high powered offenses can speed up your process and cover holes but that hasn’t been his strength to this point we’ll see if he changes.

Advertisement
I wouldn’t call both conferences “weak.” I would call The Coastal weak, but the ACC had 4 teams that had 9+ wins.

The SEC had 4
The B1G had 4
The Big 12 had 3
The PAC-12 had 2

But yes, Riley is going to dominate the PAC-12 b/c SC is the crown jewel of that conference. Now, once the switch happens to the B1G, he may bolt. Some fans r a little worried about that.

It helps however, when u literally change the landscape of ur team by bring over via the portal:

1. #1 QB
2. #1 WR
3. #2 WR
4. #1 LB
5. #3 RB
6. #12 WR

& flip ur 3rd rank TF running back from OU.

I guarantee u, if Riley didn’t do damage by becoming the #1 Portal school, SC would win no mare than 9 games this yr. The team, the fit was a mess. Kudos to him for getting guys who fit his system where the main guy, his QB, is already familiar w/.
Wouldn’t you think USC playing a spread variation under Harrell (as OC) make the transition to Riley’s offense easier? As opposed to Mario trying to implement a more power-physical offense than Lashlee.

Of course, bringing his elite QB and WR with him didn’t hurt Riley. Plus Addison from Pittsburgh.

Riley was able to recruit at OU, be a playoff contender at OU, and mastered the transfer portal at OU. I have no reason to believe Reily is a worse coach than Mario.

The advantage lincoln has is he will never have to find an OC.

Oline coaches is probably a top 3 important hire for a program after the coordinators so Mario n Mirabal have the advantage there.

Lincoln teams have got exposed physically ,especially on defense its just not his identity but im sure top DCs will flock to usc eventually.

Mario wants his teams to look a certain way so his process is gonna take longer, high powered offenses can speed up your process and cover holes but that hasn’t been his strength to this point we’ll see if he changes.
Why would top DCs flock to USC? Did they flock to OU when Riley was HC?

Talent wise Miami is ranked 13th nationally. USC is behind Miami in that category. This comes down to coaching my friend. Reality this team should be 4 n 0. 3 n 1 at the most. We haven't played a **** soul. I hope he can turn this thing around fast. But what I saw the last game was deer eyes my friend. Plain n Simple
Ranked by who?

Advertisement
Riley pretty easily. He has one of the top offenses in college football it's fun to watch. He also doesn't have to compete for many recruits. It's a matter of time before he's getting most top players on the west coast atleast on offense.

This is a stupid question…Riley by a country mile because he actually cares about schemes and is elite at them. And Riley isn’t going to the nfl when he can get 10m a year contracts guaranteed in college football

Last edited:
I didn't say he would.

I just have higher belief in him long term than Riley.

And anybody that used Mario's win % at FIU as an argument against him is being disingenuous.
Anyone who disregards it and acts like he’s some elite program builder based on his stint at Oregon is just as bad and probably worse

Advertisement
Wouldn’t you think USC playing a spread variation under Harrell (as OC) make the transition to Riley’s offense easier? As opposed to Mario trying to implement a more power-physical offense than Lashlee.

Of course, bringing his elite QB and WR with him didn’t hurt Riley. Plus Addison from Pittsburgh.
Shouldn’t bring a big10 offense to Miami then
Why would top DCs flock to USC? Did they flock to OU when Riley was HC?
California lol

Talent wise Miami is ranked 13th nationally. USC is behind Miami in that category. This comes down to coaching my friend. Reality this team should be 4 n 0. 3 n 1 at the most. We haven't played a **** soul. I hope he can turn this thing around fast. But what I saw the last game was deer eyes my friend. Plain n Simple
Please dont tell me you’re looking at 247 rankings lol. USC was #11, and those rankings don’t factor in the development of those players.

So they take heavily flawed HS ratings and then don’t factor in how they were developed in college, **** isn’t a good way to measure your team

Advertisement
Anyone who disregards it and acts like he’s some elite program builder based on his stint at Oregon is just as bad and probably worse
Agreed. There's pros and cons from his time at FIU.. But to focus only on his record and imply that makes him a failure is not looking at the whole picture.

Riley and its not close. Miami is so far away from competing for the ACC championship let alone a national championship. But I still think Mario will be successful here.

Yes, in a sense, but this is a totally different SC team. This is not the same team that went 4-8. Caleb Williams is a huge upgrade over Dart. Dart is fairing decent at Ole Miss, but I look fwd to him coming back to earth as the schedule flips, as he showed this past Saturday.

Dye & Ralek r 1000% an upgrade over what SC trotted out last season.

The WR room? Lol. They were relying upon the head case Bru McCoy last yr. SC INSTANTLY upgraded that room w/ the top player & WR in Addison, then supplemented that w/ Williams & Jerry Rice Jr.??

The biggest key was implementing a new offense WITH a QB, the leader, already familiar w/ said offense. With Mario, & I knew this would be an issue, as my consistent post history shows, implementing a new offense that have to be learned. That’s why typically 1st yr coaches at a new program struggle when inheriting a roster w/ old habits & language. It didn’t help that our QB also lost 57% of its playmaking production on offense.

Advertisement
Back