X's and O's Who Ends Up With "Better" Run: Riley vs Cristobal

The only thing I’ve waxed on about FIU is that we should’ve never lost to them b/c they r by far the worst FBS program since 2012 in which no P5 team ever lost to.

My other point is stop bringing up Mario & FIU b/c there’s literally not been one successful coach there. He’s the most successful coach in regardless to hardware, & Butch is the most successful in regards to record. This is also why I was very adamant about not hiring Mario in 2015, b/c I needed to see him at a fresh start w/ a competent program on either the G5 or P5 levels b4 coming here. Once he proved himself at the P5 level, I was good w/ him.

So for the sake of everyone’s time; I posted the history of FIU football so we can move on from that chapter & focus on what he did at UO. If he failed at FIU & UO, my friend u wouldn’t hear a peep from me on this subject; but, FIU legit should be a FCS program, maybe even NAIA
Are you suspending the first amendment? HaHa..

Advertisement
LMAO!

U clearly don’t know chit about CFB, so I’ll be easy on u.

1. The two heisman trophy QBs that Riley produced were 3 star transfers from Texas Tech. The “almost” 3rd QB he produced was a transfer QB from Bama.

2. The only two top QBs that Riley recruited was in 2019 (#1 Spencer Rattler) & 2021 (#2 Caleb Williams). Spencer Rattler sucked

3. Now to answer ur immediate ? Under Bob Stoops:

-2001: #6 QB Brent Rawls
-2004: #1 QB Brett Bomar
-2008: #5 QB Landry Jones
-2010: #1 DTQB Blake Bell
-2013: #8 QB Cody Thomas
-2016: #9 Austin Kendall (committed in 2015)

Maybe U heard that lowly heralded guys like Jason White & Sam Bradford won Heismans under Stoops, kinda like 3-star transfers Kyler Murray & Baker Mayfield under Riley.

OK, now they we got that out the way, maybe u heard of Sterling Shepherd? Kenny Stills? Mark Andrew? Mark Clayton? Mark Bradley? Malcolm Kelly, possibly? Jermaine Gresham? No?

Should I talk about RBs? No?

OK; how about this:

This is not a knock on Lincoln Riley, vs. a knock on ur post. Riley took over a very, VERY healthy OU program both from a perception & recruiting standpoint. He’s a **** good coach, one of my favorites in the game, but stop acting like Riley did something that his predecessor didn’t do which was create Heisman winning QBs, recruit the position, & took over a lame program he infused life into.

so....you're saying Riley doesn't know what he's going on offense? I don't give a **** if they transfered or were born our of a chickens ***. The bottom line is that he produced elite QB's.

If you'd like to sit down and talk CFB over a beer i'd be glad. I'm fairly sure that I would likely know more than most anyone you know. I've been doing this for 30+ years. You sound like a ******* internet stooge. WTF are you even saying or trying to prove? Riley produces offensive result and elite QB's. That is NOT disputable. Riley ATTRACTS those talents. That is also NOT disputable.

so....you're saying Riley doesn't know what he's going on offense? I don't give a **** if they transfered or were born our of a chickens ***. The bottom line is that he produced elite QB's.

If you'd like to sit down and talk CFB over a beer i'd be glad. I'm fairly sure that I would likely know more than most anyone you know. I've been doing this for 30+ years. You sound like a ******* internet stooge.

Oh really? Over 30+ yrs? Heyyyyy, so have I.

But I clearly see u’ve dedicated 30 yrs of ur life to football, & not reading comprehension, genius.

If u can show me where I said ANYTHING about Riley doesn’t know what he’s doing on offense, I’ll gladly apologize to u & this board for my insanity. Don’t respond to me until u find that post or even implication.

6BE97336-1390-4764-9A67-3B67A98EBE24.jpeg

Advertisement
Ya’ll love to bring up FIU, don’t u?

OK:
Strock (FIU’s 1st coach): 25% win/avg.
-Best season: 5-6

Cristobal (FIU’s 2nd coach): 36.4% win/avg
-Best season: 8-5

Turner (FIU’s 3rd coach): 25% win/avg
-Best season: 5-7

Davis (FIU’s 4th coach): 42.8% win/avg
-Best season: 9-4

McIntyre (FIU’s 5th coach): TBD

The two coaches that get the most hate by its own fan base r Mario & Butch, yet they r the two most successful coaches at the worst program in America. Furthermore, Mario was the only one who brought them their first hardware from the conference & a bowl game.

And pls knock it off w/ that UO line. After that 2014 season, UO went 20-18 over the next 3 seasons b4 Mario became HC. They then go 35-13 over the next 4.

The crazy thing bout all of this is I’m not even a Mario fan like that; I wanted Bill Clarke, Lance Leipold, & Urban Meyer to come here, but some of the chit ya’ll posting is wild af. I get it; we just lost to MTSU; but, keep everything in context. If we don’t win another game this yr, pls spam the boards.
You can hate and disagree with mario but anyone using FIU against him is just flat out ignorant or stupid

You can hate and disagree with mario but anyone using FIU against him is just flat out ignorant or stupid

I just rather they say I never wanted him here, or this is what I was worried about. But throwing in FIU? Lol. That’s just beyond petty.

But, then again, this is the same board calling Saban an overrated coach w/ bags & threw in his Michigan State & Miami Dolphin’s 1 1/2 yrs. So, what else should I expect? Lol

Last edited:
If both coaches are still with their same schools 5 years from now, no doubt about it, Mario will be on top. You gotta believe he is “football smart” enough to see the current problems and will make it his life’s mission to correct things.

Those are a lot of critical assumptions based on wishes rather than past precedence.

I just rather they say I never wanted him here, or this is what I was worried about. But throwing in FIU? Lol. That’s just beyond petty.

But, then again, this is the same board by calling Saban an overrated coach w/ bags & through in his Michigan State & Miami Dolphin’s 1 1/2 yrs. So, what else should I expect? Lol

I never wanted him here. I hope he succeeds. I've never wanted his style or type of coaching at Miami. It does not fit with what has historically worked at the Florida Schools. Mario is at Miami because he is a "Bro" and the "Miami bros" pulled for him to be there. I am a former Miami "Bro" so I know the culture and circle of trust, likely more than most. Again, I hope and pray he succeeds......I've never been a fan of his, despite my life long connections to the same circles he's benefited from. We will see if he can evolve and make the right decisions.

Advertisement
I never wanted him here. I hope he succeeds. I've never wanted his style or type of coaching at Miami. It does not fit with what has historically worked at the Florida Schools. Mario is at Miami because he is a "Bro" and the "Miami bros" pulled for him to be there. I am a former Miami "Bro" so I know the culture and circle of trust, likely more than most. Again, I hope and pray he succeeds......I've never been a fan of his, despite my life long connections to the same circles he's benefited from. We will see if he can evolve and make the right decisions.

OK; this is what I can fck w/ my guy. I can understand & completely empathize. Mario was not my first choice. However, I did feel that this program needed to find its roots in locking down the State of Miami, getting back to toughness; regardless, toughness is not 3rd yrds & a cloud of dust in today’s CFB! Lol. Not only do we not have the personnel for it, but we don’t play in that type of conference.

I felt that yr 1 was going to be a struggle, & I posted & warned it would be a struggle. I do, however feel he will get us back into NY6, CFP flirtation level. Can he get us to #6? That I’m not 100% positive of. With that being said, u bet ur *** I would take Riley over Mario b/c the pedigree is titled heavy in Lincoln’s favor. I feel Mario is a great consolation prize between the two, & I feel by next yr, we’ll see the dividends on our side.

Advertisement
Back