Who else misses EA's NCAA Football games?

It's all Ed O'Bannon's fault. Punk couldn't cut it in the NBA, was a massive bust like that entire 95 UCLA squad, couldn't cut it in Europe, couldn't cut it as a car salesman, so he decides to come up w this lawsuit against EA and collegiate apparel for using "his likeness" to get some $. **** yeah I miss the college games from EA, OP.

Sh*t ****es me off still. Was my favorite game to play. Stopped playing games after that.

Advertisement
Ok guyz. You peeked my interest with this thread and I got drunk last night so I went into team builder and created the entire 18-19 roster. I had to use a little intuition on a couple recruits but the whole roster is now updated with our black uniforms!!!

You are free to download it through teambuilder on NCAA 14 if you search by the author name: ishave_miechod

The origins of that username are a whole other story.....

1.) when I created it I had to work with the preset roster we had as far as the number of players we had at certain positions so I used my best judgement. All of our dialed in recruits are on there - with a couple guesses on who hasn’t quite committed yet. They had us with 4 centers. When it came down to the OL we had one last guy that I just couldn’t find a player name for.

2.) there are a couple of Easter eggs on the roster (hint look at Robert Burns injury rating)

3.) I could only create 3 uniforms with 2 pairs of pants - so the green uniforms got left out

4.) I would recommend downloading the entire NCAA roster for 17-18 from: vikesfan059 first. Then download the separate Miami team thru teambuilder under ishave_miechod. Then you will have entirety new rosters across the board.

Let me know if you think they are ok or if they need changes.

Did you simply change the Hurricanes or all the other P5 teams as well?

You get every teams updated roster with the download from Vikesfan059
Then you get the updated Hurricanes 18-19 roster from me with the black jerseys etc.

It's not an NCAA issue. EA just doesn't want to get sued.

I agree with an earlier post about just giving the players a piece of the rights fees. EA has to pay the NCAA a rights fee in order to use the schools, their colors, mascots, stadiums etc. Why not set aside a portion of the rights money and distribute it to the players once they've exhausted their eligibility? Every player gets the same payout. If some diva doesn't want his likeness featured in a video game, he can opt out and not be featured in the game and not collect a penny of the rights money.

It's really simple. Sure the NCAA and the schools might not be putting 100% of the rights money in their pockets but anything is better than 0%.

Edit: after thinking about it, they'd have to expand the roster size to accommodate the entire active roster or at least the full 85 scholarship players. I believe the rosters in the old NCAA video games were only about 70 players or so.

Straight up an NCAA issue. I used to be pretty friendly with the case manager who repped the NCAA in the O’Bannon case. He told
me first thing was the NCAA was getting out of having anything to do with showing amateurs likeness in regards to these games. The video games were a huge part of the lawsuit so the games were done.

I would like to see an element in NCAA where players can get in trouble, bagmen, etc. They used to have it, but took it out.

Wish you could also somewhat control how players improve in the off season. Everyone improves, nobody regresses.

I hated the season they had where guys would get in trouble, not get into school, not qualify, etc... I hated it because you had no control. It wasn't like they would give you indicators and you could spend more time/points on them. They would commit, you would go on your way, and bam they don't make it to your school.

Didn't like that **** at all either. That's when they tried to make it too real. Loved the home field advantage and ice the kicker meter... But ncaa infractions was too much

Advertisement
It's not an NCAA issue. EA just doesn't want to get sued.

I agree with an earlier post about just giving the players a piece of the rights fees. EA has to pay the NCAA a rights fee in order to use the schools, their colors, mascots, stadiums etc. Why not set aside a portion of the rights money and distribute it to the players once they've exhausted their eligibility? Every player gets the same payout. If some diva doesn't want his likeness featured in a video game, he can opt out and not be featured in the game and not collect a penny of the rights money.

It's really simple. Sure the NCAA and the schools might not be putting 100% of the rights money in their pockets but anything is better than 0%.

Edit: after thinking about it, they'd have to expand the roster size to accommodate the entire active roster or at least the full 85 scholarship players. I believe the rosters in the old NCAA video games were only about 70 players or so.

Straight up an NCAA issue. I used to be pretty friendly with the case manager who repped the NCAA in the O’Bannon case. He told
me first thing was the NCAA was getting out of having anything to do with showing amateurs likeness in regards to these games. The video games were a huge part of the lawsuit so the games were done.

EA completely dropped all their college titles before the case even went to trial. The NCAA may have put their foot down after the fact but EA had announced an end to all their NCAA series' long before.

My dynasty was thee ****. I was the HC in Coral Gables for 23 seasons. Recruiting was my favorite thing about the game though. I would get all the FL studs and always have a few players win awards yearly. And if you weren't playing on Heisman mode you were weak!

Cheating a$$ game caused me to break a controller completely in half one time...

But I sure do miss it.

Ok guyz. You peeked my interest with this thread and I got drunk last night so I went into team builder and created the entire 18-19 roster. I had to use a little intuition on a couple recruits but the whole roster is now updated with our black uniforms!!!

You are free to download it through teambuilder on NCAA 14 if you search by the author name: ishave_miechod

1.) when I created it I had to work with the preset roster we had as far as the number of players we had at certain positions so I used my best judgement. All of our dialed in recruits are on there - with a couple guesses on who hasn’t quite committed yet. They had us with 4 centers. When it came down to the OL we had one last guy that I just couldn’t find a player name for.

2.) there are a couple of Easter eggs on the roster (hint look at Robert Burns injury rating)

3.) I could only create 3 uniforms with 2 pairs of pants - so the green uniforms got left out

4.) I would recommend downloading the entire NCAA roster for 17-18 from: vikesfan059 first. Then download the separate Miami team thru teambuilder under ishave_miechod. Then you will have entirety new rosters across the board.

Then you get the updated Hurricanes 18-19 roster from me with the black jerseys etc.

I tried searching for yours, but I'm not seeing it.

Advertisement

I just updated it again with new jersey numbers just seconds ago and corrected the uniforms a little bit.

Here are the steps I recommend:

1.) Download the full NCAA rosters to 17-18 rosters under "Team Management then Roster Share" from the user: Vikesfan059

2.) Then go into "Teambuilder" and download the updated Canes roster from the user: ishave_michod

I just updated it again with new jersey numbers just seconds ago and corrected the uniforms a little bit.

1.) Download the full NCAA rosters to 17-18 rosters under "Team Management then Roster Share" from the user: Vikesfan059

2.) Then go into "Teambuilder" and download the updated Canes roster from the user: ishave_michod

I have an PS3 and I tried ishave_michod and its still coming up with 0 matches

Advertisement

It's case sensitive Ishave_Miechod

Let me know what u think once they are downloaded.

Names weight and height are good to go BUT where from is all over the country. That could effect FL as being a pipeline state for Miami with about 1/4 of the Team from FL. Have you thought about updating the stadium to look like Hard Rock? Anyway thank you for the update

Advertisement
was "Ishave_mychod" taken?

PlayStation network wouldn’t allow it. It’s a huge joke amongst friends. On every online sports game or multiplayer game I always created the biggest fattest creapest charector imaginable (but maxed out all of his skills). His name was always that. Always had a blonde mullet and lightest color eyes possible. No matter what ethnicity.

Names weight and height are good to go BUT where from is all over the country. That could effect FL as being a pipeline state for Miami with about 1/4 of the Team from FL. Have you thought about updating the stadium to look like Hard Rock? Anyway thank you for the update

It doesn’t let you choose where the player is from, what the coach looks like or update the stadium on The teambuilder website. You can do it from within the game - but not on the website. The website is quick and easy to build players. The game itself sucks cuz it takes so long. And it only gives you options for pre-existing college stadiums.

It doesn’t let you choose where the player is from, what the coach looks like or update the stadium on The teambuilder website. You can do it from within the game - but not on the website. The website is quick and easy to build players. The game itself sucks cuz it takes so long. And it only gives you options for pre-existing college stadiums.

Oh and what I actually had to do was take our players from the actual 2014 roster and edit each player skills numbers, height and weight. So where they are from is actually coming from our 14 roster.

Advertisement
Back