Who do you expect to win the Coastal next year.

Just looking at the schedules....

Va Tech won't get turned around that quickly but also doesn't have to play FSU or Clemson.
* ACC home games: Georgia Tech, Miami, Virginia, Boston College
* ACC road games: Duke, North Carolina, Pittsburgh, Syracuse

Ga Tech will mostly stay Ga Tech.
* ACC home games: Duke, Miami (FL), Virginia, Clemson
* ACC road games: North Carolina, Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech, Boston College

UVA - same as Ga Tech/Va Tech
* ACC home games: Miami (FL), North Carolina, Pittsburgh, Louisville
* ACC road games: Duke, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest

Pitt - Could be wildcard but play Clemson, UNC and Miami on the road
* ACC home games: Duke, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Syracuse
* ACC road games: Miami (FL), North Carolina, Virginia, Clemson

UNC - Will be tough with adding FSU on the road next year compared to this year, and also having Miami on the road
* ACC home games: Georgia Tech, Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech, NC State
* ACC road games: Duke, Miami (FL), Virginia, Florida State

Duke - Will be in the running
* ACC home games: North Carolina, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest
* ACC road games: Georgia Tech, Miami (FL), Pittsburgh, Louisville

Miami - Our ACC schedule if very favorable with Duke, UNC, Pitt and FSU at home and the road games should all be won next year.
* ACC home games: Duke, North Carolina, Pittsburgh, Florida State
* ACC road games: Georgia Tech, Virginia, Virginia Tech, NC State

We should be very favored to get to the ACC CG.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Miami. Have an experience QB, about 7 OL with starting experience, all TE's return, all RB's return plus Gus the Bus, DL will be deep, LB's come back. The weakness is at DB and WR. Hopefully Coley decides to return to bolster the WR position. Regardless, I think UM the best talent in the Coastal and should be playing in the ACC conf. championship..

IF we hire the right DCord- it should be us.

The offense should be good next year under Richt with most people returning. The defense is what scares me. But UNC loses more talent.

Advertisement
If Richt can't win the Coastal next year with a Jr. Brad Kaaya, a ton of returning starters, a favorable schedule and the defending champion having lost their QB then we got problems. I don't think we'll have problems.

In a perfect world we do...but North Carolina is going to be very good next year. I also expect Virginia Tech to be much improved with Fuente running the show on offense, and Bud Foster doing his thing on defense.

We should roll Virginia, NC. State, Georgia Tech and Duke though.

It all depends on how much our O-Line improves, and if Richt can turn around our horrid defense.

Advertisement
In a perfect world we do...but North Carolina is going to be very good next year. I also expect Virginia Tech to be much improved with Fuente running the show on offense, and Bud Foster doing his thing on defense.

UNC is losing their qb, and a few other key players.

UNC is losing their qb, and a few other key players.

Well then that's good news

The minimum anyone should ever expect out of Miami is winning the Coastal.
Even with Golden, I thought he'd do it at least once.

Advertisement
FAU = W
@ Appy State = W
Fla A&M = W

Duke = W
Pitt = W

@GT = W
@VT = W
@NCSST = W
@ UVA = W

@ ND
FSU
UNC

I see us losing at ND, beating UNC, and I honestly think Richt will be able to beat FSU, but they will be much improved. So I see us going 10-2(7-1) at worst. We should be in the conference championship game as we'll sweep the Coastal. Fuente has too big of a mess to cleanup and I think UNC steps back next year.

FAU = W
@ Appy State = W
Fla A&M = W

Duke = W
Pitt = W

@GT = W
@VT = W
@NCSST = W
@ UVA = W

@ ND
FSU
UNC

I see us losing at ND, beating UNC, and I honestly think Richt will be able to beat FSU, but they will be much improved. So I see us going 10-2(7-1) at worst. We should be in the conference championship game as we'll sweep the Coastal. Fuente has too big of a mess to cleanup and I think UNC steps back next year.

Don't think you know what at worst means. At worst we lose all 3 of those final games, because UNC doesn't take a step back, and ND gets their starting QB back, and FSU finally finds one. Then Narduzzi in his second season at Pitt has them running smoothly to begin the season.

so, AT WORST, I'd say 7-4. And that's a realistic worst case possible scenario.

Advertisement
We will win the Coastal no doubt about it. We will not lose a game we aren't supposed to. We have Jr Brad and UNC loses Williams. We have FSU in Miami as well, may finally be payback time.

Last edited:
If we don't win the corstal next year then fly the banners!

I keed! With better o-line play, the costal should be ours next year.

FAU = W
@ Appy State = W
Fla A&M = W

Duke = W
Pitt = W

@GT = W
@VT = W
@NCSST = W
@ UVA = W

@ ND
FSU
UNC

Don't think you know what at worst means. At worst we lose all 3 of those final games, because UNC doesn't take a step back, and ND gets their starting QB back, and FSU finally finds one. Then Narduzzi in his second season at Pitt has them running smoothly to begin the season.

so, AT WORST, I'd say 7-4. And that's a realistic worst case possible scenario.

I know what it means. At worst we can go 0-12. I don't see us losing any of the other 9 games and think we go 1-2 in those 3 tough games at least. I think you know how I meant the statement.

In your 7-4 scenario, who are we dropping off of the schedule?

Advertisement
Back