Who are your starters for a Miami all time team?

Wilfork is a 5x pro bowler, 2x super bowl champion and a 1st round pick. He should be on the list
You must not have watched football before 2000. Tell me who makes the 2 deep and what criteria you’re using.

- Jerome Brown was a consensus All American, national champ at UM, invented Swag, #9 pick in tne nfl draft, 2x first team all pro in nfl and was headed straight to Canton as one of the few best DTs ever before tragically dying in a car crash.

- Russell Maryland won the outland trophy, was a consensus All American 2x National Champ at Miami and the No. 1 pick in the NFL draft. He is in the College Football Hall of Fame. He also won 3 Super Bowls.

- Cortez Kennedy was a consensus All American, 2x National Champ at Miami, #3 pick in the nfl draft, 3x first team all pro, 8x pro bowl, NFL DPOY, nfl all decade tram (’90s). And Canton.

- Warren Sapp was a unanimous all american, won the nagurski and lombardi awards, Big East DPOY, national champ at Miami, #12 pick in nfl draft, 4x first team all pro, 7x pro bowl, super bowl champ, NFL DPOY, and Canton.

- Vince Wilfork (who I think was awesome) was never an all American. He was first team all big east. First round pick. 1x first team all pro. 2x super bowl champ. 5x pro bowl.

Advertisement
QB: Vinny Testaverde
RB: Edgerrin James -OR- Willis McGahee -OR- Duke Johnson
X-WR: Andre Johnson -OR- Leonard Hankerson
Flanker: Michael Irvin -OR- Reggie Wayne
Slot: Santana Moss -OR- Phillip Dorsett
TE: Kellen Winslow II -OR- Bubba Franks -OR- Greg Olsen
LT: Bryant McKinnie -OR- Leon Searcy
LG: Jim Otto -OR- Brett Romberg
C: Chris Myers
RG: Vernon Carey
RT: Juaquin Gonzalez -OR- Orlando Franklin

DE: Ted Hendricks
NT: Vince Wilfork
DT: Warren Sapp -OR- Russell Maryland
DE: Danny Stubbs -OR- Greg Rousseau
WLB: Jonathan Vilma -OR- Darrin Smith
MLB: Dan Morgan -OR- Ray Lewis
Striker: Sean Taylor
Boundary CB: Antrel Rolle
FS: Ed Reed
SS: Bennie Blades -OR- Jaquan Johnson
Nickel CB: Philip Buchanon
Field CB: Ryan McNeil

P: Lou Hedley
K: Jose Borregales
Returner: Devin Hester

Head Coach: Jimmy Johnson

Gentlemen I appreciate all the responses but I will state again, MY starting 11. All those guys mentioned that I dont have listed were iconic players just as the ones I have on my starting O and D. Nothing against those guys at all.

Anyone who doesn’t have Otto and Hendricks on their all time Miami team should be taken outside and shot
Depends on how you count pro careers. Otto was the man in the pros. We have had more decorated centers at Miami. I included Otto because why not. But Romberg won the Rimington. Of course, Otto’s old enough to be Rimmington’s dad, so not sure how that works.

Advertisement
Going strictly off UM careers:

Offense-

QB - B Kosar
RB - O Anderson
RB - E James
WR - M Irvin
WR - R Wayne
TE - J Shockey
LT - B McKinney
RT - L Searcy
C - J Otto
LG - V Carey
RG - D Harrah (who needs to be in the HOF)

Defense-

DE - T Hendricks
DE - D Stubbs
DT - J Brown
DT - W Sapp
LB - D Morgan
LB - R Lewis
LB - M Barrow
S - E Reed
S - S Taylor
CB - R McNeil
CB - A Rolle

P - L Hedley
K - C Huerta
KR - D Hester
PR - S Moss

Bow down puny mortals...
1175056254.jpg.0.jpg

Advertisement
Hope this isnt a repeat of a thread, but since spring practice has kicked off and everyone is discussing who starts and all that, who is your best 11 all time on offense and defense. Mine look like this: Offense can vary, spread, pro, one back etc.,

OFFENSE
QB Walsh
RB Edge
WR Irvin
WR Eddie Brown
TE Winslow
T McKinnie
G Romberg
C KC Jones
G Carey
T Gonzales

DEFENSE:

E Stubbs
T Jerome
T Tez
E Medaris
MLB Barrow
SLB Armstead
WLB Smith
CB McNeil
CB Buchanon
FS Reed
SS Taylor

PR K Williams
KOR Hester
K Sievers
P Headley

D

PR & KR- Hester
CB1 - Rolle
WLB - Webster
MLB - Lewis
SLB - Morgan
DT - Sapp
WR - A. Johnson
RB - McGahee
APB - Duke

You must not have watched football before 2000. Tell me who makes the 2 deep and what criteria you’re using.

- Jerome Brown was a consensus All American, national champ at UM, invented Swag, #9 pick in tne nfl draft, 2x first team all pro in nfl and was headed straight to Canton as one of the few best DTs ever before tragically dying in a car crash.

- Russell Maryland won the outland trophy, was a consensus All American 2x National Champ at Miami and the No. 1 pick in the NFL draft. He is in the College Football Hall of Fame. He also won 3 Super Bowls.

- Cortez Kennedy was a consensus All American, 2x National Champ at Miami, #3 pick in the nfl draft, 3x first team all pro, 8x pro bowl, NFL DPOY, nfl all decade tram (’90s). And Canton.

- Warren Sapp was a unanimous all american, won the nagurski and lombardi awards, Big East DPOY, national champ at Miami, #12 pick in nfl draft, 4x first team all pro, 7x pro bowl, super bowl champ, NFL DPOY, and Canton.

- Vince Wilfork (who I think was awesome) was never an all American. He was first team all big east. First round pick. 1x first team all pro. 2x super bowl champ. 5x pro bowl.
Born 1995 so you're right i didn't

Qb-Bernie (people forget he still had 2 years of eligibility when he left. We win in 86 if he’s still there going away. Maybe in 85 would have gotten even closer to winning that one too)
Rb-Edge
Wr1-Irvin
Wr2-Eddie Brown
Wr3-Andre Johnson
TE-Winslow
LT-Mckinnie
LG-Carey
C-Otto
RG-Brandon Linder
RT-Leon Searcy

DE-Calais Canpbell
DT-Sapp
DT-Jerome Brown
De-Hendricks

Wlb-Armstead
MLB-Lewis
SLB-Morgan

Cb-Ryan McNeil
Cb-Duane Starks
S-Ed Reed
S-Daryl Williams

And if Manny is coaching
Striker-Sean Taylor :)

K-Borregales (sorry hes better than Huerta, Sievers, etc.)
P-Hedley

Advertisement
You don’t have Ray Lewis, Warren Sapp, Ted Hendricks, or Jim Otto starting?

While I agree here, I was thinking specifically the same about Hendricks, but it's really hard to argue over Stubbs and Rusty, especially at Miami.

Same goes for DT's. You're not wrong if you say Wilfork and Sapp and you're not wrong if you say Brown and Kennedy. Personally, I think you could put Brown and Sapp beside each other with Reed/Taylor sitting back deep and just have that be your defense.

Here's the inevitable issue with this thread, and one which should be specified for discussion:

Are we talking based strictly on college production, on college and pro production, or just if we line up our 22 vs. your 22, who's the best team we're gonna field? So, I'm gonna do this based on the last parameter:

DE: Hendricks
DT: Brown
DT: Sapp
DE: Stubbs

LB: Morgan
LB: Lewis
LB: Armstead

CB1: Buchanon
CB2: Starks (over Rolle because the Safeties are amazing and I'm prioritizing speed and coverage)
S1: Reed
S2: Taylor

QB: Kelly (take your pick here, I can't argue with an NFL Hall of Famer who made 4 Super Bowls that for some reason were never played)
RB 1: Edge
RB 2: Gore
WR1: Irvin
WR2: Dre
Slot: Moss
OL: McKinnie, Gonzalez, Otto, Carey and Searcy
TE1: Winslow
TE2: Shockey

KR/PR: Hester
K: Huerta
P: Feagles #1 or Hedley... hard to argue with either

Advertisement
How does Bennie Blades not make an all time UM team as a starter ?.. UM only Thorpe award winner as the nations best db, and 2 all American... Was drafted number 3 pick overall in the 1988 draft - highest ever by a UM DB

Gotta be fair here... the Miami bias wasn't in full effect pre-Blades but definitely was after. Both Reed and Taylor were absolutely robbed of the Thorpe. And we know what Taylor's career would have looked like if he lived. Dude was a hands down first-ballot Hall of Famer in the making.

Gotta be fair here... the Miami bias wasn't in full effect pre-Blades but definitely was after. Both Reed and Taylor were absolutely robbed of the Thorpe. And we know what Taylor's career would have looked like if he lived. Dude was a hands down first-ballot Hall of Famer in the making.
I don't think Ed Reed was robbed of the Thorpe award. Oklahoma Roy Williams was a dominant player in his own right and was generally considered the top safety in the country outside of Miami. He was also regarded as the top safety prospect entering the 2002 draft ( 8th pick overall). Of course Reed was better as pro.

Now Sean Taylor was a victim of a great heist. He was superior to any competitor

I don't think Ed Reed was robbed of the Thorpe award. Oklahoma Roy Williams was a dominant player in his own right and was generally considered the top safety in the country outside of Miami. He was also regarded as the top safety prospect entering the 2002 draft ( 8th pick overall). Of course Reed was better as pro.

Now Sean Taylor was a victim of a great heist. He was superior to any competitor

Yeah that's fair. I think I was conflating the two, because it was Carlos Rogers of Auburn who won in 2004, and while he put up I think one more pic, Taylor was probably the most dominant defensive player in the country that year.

Regardless, Bennie suffers in 'Cane lore strictly because he's not Ed Reed or Sean Taylor. And it's kinda funny that Bennie gets griped about (deservedly so) but almost no one ever talks about Darryl Williams.

With players like we have had, the debate is kinda moot. Do you pick Sean Taylor or Ed Reed? Well, they were two of the best safeties to ever play the game. You're not getting beat because either one of them.

A Lambo might win a drag race but a Ferrari will beat it in the corners.

Advertisement
Back