Who are the rumored WR candidates?

Advertisement
Advertisement
what is his connection to Hickson?

Eric Hickson's older brother, the late Hyland Hickson, was a teammate of Enos at Michigan State (see below).
So I'm guessing that this was more of an Enos hire, than Manny.
I would also guess that least one of the remaining two hires on that side of the ball will be "his" guy.
Not unlike what Richt did on the defensive side of the ball with Kuligowski and Simpson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990_John_Hancock_Bowl

The Spartans were co-champions (with Iowa, Michigan & Illinois) of the Big Ten Conference for
the second time in four seasons, with this being their fourth straight bowl appearance. Michigan State won
their last five games after starting 2-3-1, led by a punishing defense (2nd in the Big Ten with 313.1 yards allowed)
and two 1,000 yard rushers in Tico Duckett and Hyland Hickson.[1] This was the first time a Big Ten team appeared
in the Sun Bowl.[2] USC was in their first ever Sun Bowl, finishing 2nd in the Pacific-10 Conferenceafter three
straight conference titles in the last 3 seasons. These two teams had met twice before, one being the season opener
in 1987at Michigan State, and the 1988 Rose Bowl, with the Spartans winning both times. It was in doubt that
Marinovich would start two days to gametime due to an ear infection that led to him missing practices.

Advertisement
Advertisement
giphy.gif
My favorite part of the sport.☝️ Those pelotons are nasty.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back