Who are the rumored WR candidates?

lmao ya'll so caught up in the coaches. remeber when you guys dogged al golden (IN THE NFL) and James Coley (JUST PROMOTED TO OC)?

remeber when they got fired and you thought it would make a difference?

remeber when they hired coach beard and you think it makes a difference?

so caught up in coaches man...its sad

Bro you're either golden or Coley's professional nut carrier or you really miss them cause you got a hard on for them in every thread. Even made a thread about em.. take that ish elsewhere.

Advertisement
Smith is from New Orleans. Would love to be able to pluck some guys from there. He's also been the primary recruiter on a few 4 stars out of his position group (DT, S). Solid hire if true

Did you really just say caught up in coaches? Do you mean its irrelevant who gets the spot? Because if that's the case you really believe we should have a dude who's main experience is as a high school or pop Warner league coach in charge of our wr room and that's nuckin futs...
Don't feed the troll

Advertisement
Bring back Curtis Johnson. No divas under CJ. Prob one of the best position coaches ever at Miami. Him and Sol personified old school Canes. I know this will never happen before everyone jumps ugly on me...

Go Canes!
CJ isn’t leaving the Saints...

Might want to take a look at Dugans' track record before he came to Miami. Parker was the best receiver signed at Louisville and he was a 3 star recruit.
Big 12 recruiter of the year at one point. First thing on Kentucky home page for coach Smith says, regarded as one of the best recruiters in the country. Stoops bring him in to recruit (because Lamar Thomas wasn’t gettin it done).

I’d watch Michael Smith.. current Kentucky WR coach that was WR coach at Arkansas while Enos was OC. He was actually the RB coach in 97 and 98 at K State while Hickson was there. (Smith also played at K State a few years before Hickson)
I think your on to something.

Advertisement
Would absolutely love Smith if this gets confirmed. Big time recruiter and does a very good job as WR coach. I wonder if we would match his current salary for a WR coach? Do we still have enough money set aside from the Diaz and Enos hire to get a good coach like Smith?

I was a fan of CJ as a WR coach, but I have no idea why you mentioned Khalil Jones in your post as someone who helped make our WR room look good on paper. Khalil Jones was a 2* flail reach Coker signed when his WR recruiting fell apart yet again and he needed a body for practice.

Okay, then Lance Leggett, who was a major disappointment in 2005. Jones was more a favor to Roland Smith. Jones did have a good senior season at Northwestern and he was a good track guy for in relays.

Okay, then Lance Leggett, who was a major disappointment in 2005. Jones was more a favor to Roland Smith. Jones did have a good senior season at Northwestern and he was a good track guy for in relays.
Leggett was a camp kid who had no toughness in games. It was not a surprise to many who paid attention to recruiting. There were knowledgeable FL HS FB watchers saying this before he committed. He was simply overrated.

Jones was not a serious WR recruit at all. IIRC he had only a few catches his entire senior season in HS, and the explanation was their offense. He was just a decent athlete who couldn’t play WR.

Bottom line was WR was the case study in position mismanagement at UM going back to early Coker era. No need to sell over that. It was mind boggling how badly Coker botched it.

Advertisement
Did you really just say caught up in coaches? Do you mean its irrelevant who gets the spot? Because if that's the case you really believe we should have a dude who's main experience is as a high school or pop Warner league coach in charge of our wr room and that's nuckin futs...

@dsddcsne Who do you think gets the WR job? You heard anything about this Stubblefield rumor?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back