Who are the must keep players?

We have huge holes on this team. We have to pull RBs, DBs, OL, LBs, WRs from the Portal. Mario gets a C+ on the portal his first year. He needs an A in his second. The only group I don’t think is a priority in the portal is the DL. Be very picky there and only pull high quality, high character kids.
Agree on the DL and low Portal priority. But ... do you think, even though it was often called our best team unit, the DL played especially well? I sure don't. They were gashed regularly, didn't mount much pressure on the QB ... Overall, they underperformed imo.

Advertisement
Here’s who I’d want back, position by position (in order of importance within each position):

QB
TVD
Brown

RB
Parrish
Citizen

WR
Young
Restrepo
B Smith
Horton

TE
Arroyo
Skinner
Brantley

OL
Cooper
Rivers
Zion
Mccoy
Denis

DL
Mesidor
LT
Jackson
Kelly
Moss
JHH
Moten

LB
Wes B
Chase smith
Flagg

DB
The freshmen class (Harris, graves, Rodgers). That’s it

Safety
Kitchens
Markeith williams

I included the freshmen, it’s too early to write any of them off. Other than them, I counted about 20 others.

Rooster has earned the right to return next year, he is taking coaching and improving himself. Other than that, this is a perfect list.

#TransferEveybody
#FireEverybody
everyone GIF

Advertisement
Agree on the DL and low Portal priority. But ... do you think, even though it was often called our best team unit, the DL played especially well? I sure don't. They were gashed regularly, didn't mount much pressure on the QB ... Overall, they underperformed imo.

I think they look worse than they played due to horrible LB and safety play supporting the run. As a group the DL played well. They did take a bit of a step back when JHH got hurt.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Gattis gotta go. Bring in Joe Brady for all I care because you can let him be OC/ QB coach giving the chance to get rid of Ponce. Steele is alright but if you wanna get rid of him and promote Strong or Taylor to DC I’m alright with that.

If Gattis comesback that will be such a big punch to the stomach moment. I have zero faith on next seasons offense under him

We have huge holes on this team. We have to pull RBs, DBs, OL, LBs, WRs from the Portal. Mario gets a C+ on the portal his first year. He needs an A in his second. The only group I don’t think is a priority in the portal is the DL. Be very picky there and only pull high quality, high character kids.

You're being kind on that C+. Mario missed on a lot of those guys that came in from last years transfer portal.

Advertisement
I don't think you give up on Knighton with an improved OLine coming.

Agree, but if your Knighton do you wanna play under Mario system? Knighton might not be a good fit in this system. I hope he comesback but I don't blame him if he leaves

Funny enough the DL were 2nd in sacks and 2nd in tackles for loss in the ACC. Mario adding more DE's from this upcoming class. I wouldn't mind seeing more DL from this portal but the bigger need is LBs.

Here’s who I’d want back, position by position (in order of importance within each position):

QB
TVD
Brown

RB
Parrish
Citizen

WR
Young
Restrepo
B Smith
Horton

TE
Arroyo
Skinner
Brantley

OL
Cooper
Rivers
Zion
Mccoy
Denis

DL
Mesidor
LT
Jackson
Kelly
Moss
JHH
Moten

LB
Wes B
Chase smith
Flagg

DB
The freshmen class (Harris, graves, Rodgers). That’s it

Safety
Kitchens
Markeith williams

I included the freshmen, it’s too early to write any of them off. Other than them, I counted about 20 others.

I wanted to make sure you get this notification… YOU ARE A BRAINLESS F****T.

Advertisement
Back