Who are the must keep players?

Gables Canes

Freshman
Here’s who I’d want back, position by position (in order of importance within each position):

QB
TVD
Brown

RB
Parrish
Citizen

WR
Young
Restrepo
B Smith
Horton

TE
Arroyo
Skinner
Brantley

OL
Cooper
Rivers
Zion
Mccoy
Denis

DL
Mesidor
LT
Jackson
Kelly
Moss
JHH
Moten

LB
Wes B
Chase smith
Flagg

DB
The freshmen class (Harris, graves, Rodgers). That’s it

Safety
Kitchens
Markeith williams

I included the freshmen, it’s too early to write any of them off. Other than them, I counted about 20 others.

Advertisement
Here’s who I’d want back, position by position (in order of importance within each position):

QB
TVD
Brown

RB
Parrish
Citizen

WR
Young
Restrepo
B Smith
Horton

TE
Arroyo
Skinner
Brantley

OL
Cooper
Rivers
Zion
Mccoy
Denis

DL
Mesidor
LT
Jackson
Kelly
Moss
JHH
Moten

LB
Wes B
Chase smith
Flagg

DB

Safety
Kitchens
Markeith williams

I included the freshmen, it’s too early to write any of them off. Other than them, I counted about 20 others.
My list in last night's thread was super close to yours.

-I had Garcia instead of Brown (but Brown is considered elsewhere.) I think we still have a lot to see from Garcia in a real scheme, etc. He makes a lot of mistakes but he can sling it and produce as well. I don't care if he was in garbage time yesterday, he played like he gave a crap.
-Had Knighton despite yet another fumble. You're right about poor Chaney. I feel sorry for him as he's made of glass.
-Had George on mine.

-OL had Mclaughlin instead of Denis
-I should have had JHH on my DL

-LBs I didn't have Flagg

-Secondary I had Balom, Couch. and excluded Rogers

Rest I had only good portal guys and just play with a shortened roster and taper up each year with quality guys. No more fluff. Quality only.

Advertisement
I’m adding J George to this list because he is the only receiver on roster that looked like a p5 receiver with the ball in his hands

Also J Borregalas
I didn’t include him because of the off the field issues. If he can get that cleaned up, I agree he has potential.

My list in last night's thread was super close to yours.

-I had Garcia instead of Brown (but Brown is considered elsewhere.) I think we still have a lot to see from Garcia in a real scheme, etc. He makes a lot of mistakes but he can sling it and produce as well. I don't care if he was in garbage time yesterday, he played like he gave a crap.
-Had Knighton despite yet another fumble. You're right about poor Chaney. I feel sorry for him as he's made of glass.
-Had George on mine.

-OL had Mclaughlin instead of Denis
-I should have had JHH on my DL

-LBs I didn't have Flagg

-Secondary I had Balom, Couch. and excluded Rogers

Rest I had only good portal guys and just play with a shortened roster and taper up each year with quality guys. No more fluff. Quality only.
I wouldn’t mind Garcia coming back either. At least he’s shown he gives a ****.

Haven’t seen enough of McLaughlin, I did notice how skinny he looks last night

I included Flagg because he has improved and he always gives effort. He should be a depth piece, not a starter

Balom is always hurt, that’s why I didn’t include him. I’ve personally seen enough from Couch and I’m ready to move on

Advertisement
We have huge holes on this team. We have to pull RBs, DBs, OL, LBs, WRs from the Portal. Mario gets a C+ on the portal his first year. He needs an A in his second. The only group I don’t think is a priority in the portal is the DL. Be very picky there and only pull high quality, high character kids.

Gattis gotta go. Bring in Joe Brady for all I care because you can let him be OC/ QB coach giving the chance to get rid of Ponce. Steele is alright but if you wanna get rid of him and promote Strong or Taylor to DC I’m alright with that.

Marcia Brady would have been better than Gattis… yikes Mario…

Advertisement

QB
TVD
Brown

RB
Parrish
Citizen

WR
Young
Restrepo
B Smith
Horton

TE
Arroyo
Skinner
Brantley

OL
Cooper
Rivers
Zion
Mccoy
Denis

DL
Mesidor
LT
Jackson
Kelly
Moss
JHH
Moten

LB
Wes B
Chase smith
Flagg

DB

Safety
Kitchens
Markeith williams

Cam. That’s it.

Advertisement
QB: TVD
RB: Parrish
WR: Young, Restrepo, B Smith
TE: Arroyo, Skinner, Brantley
OL: Rivers, Zion, Clark
DL: Mesidor, LT, Jackson, JHH
LB: [no one]
CB: [no one]
S: Kinchens, J Williams

Removing the Freshmen, I count 17 "must keeps". There are multiple "should keeps" though, including JW, Chase Smith, Chaney, Denis, Couch, Garcia, George, Brinson, Balom, Seymore, Campbell (if he's healthy and wants to return), McLaughlin, Miller (if he wants to return), Ishmael, Chantz, Flagg (for character and leadership, not athleticism)

That would be 33 upperclassmen + the 14 true Freshmen = 47 returners. But I guarantee we lose at least 5-8 of that list, mostly from the "should keep" group, so assume 40 actually come back. Plus the kicker and punter. Which leaves 43 incoming freshmen and portelers, or a slight majority of the total scholarship roster.

QB
TVD
Brown

RB
Parrish
Citizen

WR
Young
Restrepo
B Smith
Horton

TE
Arroyo
Skinner
Brantley

OL
Cooper
Rivers
Zion
Mccoy
Denis

DL
Mesidor
LT
Jackson
Kelly
Moss
JHH
Moten

LB
Wes B
Chase smith
Flagg

DB

Safety
Kitchens
Markeith williams

How many of these guys even want to come back? Some might look for greener pastures.

Advertisement
Back