Who actually graduated the U?

Sounds like we went to UM at the same exact time.

Old IBM computer punch cards. You had to register for classes like you were collecting Pokemon cards or something. If you decided to drop a class, you had to turn in the old punch card, and then each college or school would have to reprint new punch cards for the next day of registration. Literally, you could pick up the last spot in a class, decide you wanted a different class 5 minutes later, and nobody else could get into that class until the next day. Then, once you had your 5 or 6 classes, you would turn in all your punch cards to "register".

We had separate student IDs (non-magnetic) and cafeteria cards (magnetic). Originally, you could only use your cafeteria card in the actual full-meal cafeterias, not the Ibis or the fake Burger King next to the pool.

Pretty sure we know each other...

Advertisement
Sounds like we went to UM at the same exact time.

Old IBM computer punch cards. You had to register for classes like you were collecting Pokemon cards or something. If you decided to drop a class, you had to turn in the old punch card, and then each college or school would have to reprint new punch cards for the next day of registration. Literally, you could pick up the last spot in a class, decide you wanted a different class 5 minutes later, and nobody else could get into that class until the next day. Then, once you had your 5 or 6 classes, you would turn in all your punch cards to "register".

We had separate student IDs (non-magnetic) and cafeteria cards (magnetic). Originally, you could only use your cafeteria card in the actual full-meal cafeterias, not the Ibis or the fake Burger King next to the pool.

The eye - Fake Burger King

My dad taught at the UM Med School part time in the 80s in addition to his practice. MD Board Certified Psychiatrist. My dad was the first bilingual(Cuban American) board certified forensic psychiatrist in the US. My pops will be 82 in February. Still going strong despite a Parkinson's diagnosis. I'm proud of him. He overcame a lot to accomplish what he did.

Advertisement
My dad taught at the UM Med School part time in the 80s in addition to his practice. MD Board Certified Psychiatrist. My dad was the first bilingual(Cuban American) board certified forensic psychiatrist in the US. My pops will be 82 in February. Still going strong despite a Parkinson's diagnosis. I'm proud of him. He overcame a lot to accomplish what he did.

You should really be proud of your pops.

Advertisement
Finished my grad degree in 2001. If you took a philosophy course between 1993 and then, there's a non-zero chance I was your prof. (Had several players - Marley, Davenport, Buchannon . . )

Thats the best run. During my six years at Miami (Undergrad and Grad) went to every home game at the OB and saw one loss (Washington game).
1985-93. Saw pretty much the whole streak. The only loss at home was the first game against the Gators. Vinny's first start then not another home loss the rest of the way. Not knowing you were living through a 30 for 30 and naively thinking it would never end. Good times.

I did - but I've always hated this question.

Dudes from other schools are always asking "but did you actually go there?" as a ****ish way of dismissing our fans.

I'll ride with anyone who's a Miami fan - and I could care less if they went there or not.

I did not go to college. I loved this question on other sites....my response...."Did you only like college football in your mid twenties?"

It worked specifically well for UCF, USF kids that rode their high horse cause of going to college there. No way they rooted for UCF during high school.

Advertisement
As many others are, fighting behind enemy lines in Gainesville... Gotta say the expectations I’m hearing for the next season are sky high despite Mullen’s ranked opp record & the losses they sustained specifically on their o-line, laughable.

Advertisement
Mom is a graduate with her Md., went to Emory for undergrad.

I went to UCF with the bright futures scholarship since it covered almost everything at a public university. Been a fan since late 80's when I knew what football was, dad was a huge fan and of course my mom.

Advertisement
Back