Who actually graduated the U?

Frenk is horrendous. His contract will not be renewed.

Where are you hearing this? And what is he doing or not doing that is horrendous?

I’m not disputing you because usually I’m not interested enough to keep up with academia politics and gossip, but I am around UM people often enough to maybe have gotten a whiff, but like I said, I don’t delve into that too much, so who knows.

But your comment jumped out at me because it was pretty stark so I’m interested in knowing a little more detail, because it’s no small thing.

I’ve seen him around, and sit pretty near his box at the games so I’ve seen him there too, don’t feel any which way about him to be honest.

Advertisement
Frenk is horrendous. His contract will not be renewed.

Coral Gables was the first planned community in the USA. George Merrick set aside the land for UM, and the football stadium was supposed to be in the center of campus. However, after the Depression, we needed money, so we dug out all the dirt (which turned a canal into "Lake" Osceola) and sold the dirt to developers who built causeways over Biscayne Bay.

So we shifted to the Orange Bowl. And, for the most part, it was a pretty good deal. We screwed up our chance to get Tropical Park, but South Miami was never going to happen.

I’ve heard this as well

We f*cked up not trying harder for the Admiral

Advertisement
Law 2003

But I don’t believe school or where one lives is a requirement for being a fan, so I don’t really know what the point of thread is. That’s **** people up here in Tallahassee like to ask when I’m wearing orange and green.

“Are you even from Miami, Bo”

Advertisement
I’ve heard this as well

We f*cked up not trying harder for the Admiral

including the Admiral as a finalist was a ploy by those who supported Frenk or any other liberal to make to ensure that Frenk would be nominated since UM would not, IMHO, ever name a military man as a president, especially one that is not a liberal. the faculty would melt. the admiral was never a real choice, though i would have loved to take the position.

including the Admiral as a finalist was a ploy by those who supported Frenk or any other liberal to make to ensure that Frenk would be nominated since UM would not, IMHO, ever name a military man as a president, especially one that is not a liberal. the faculty would melt. the admiral was never a real choice, though i would have loved to take the position.

leave the politics. **** cares if a dude is a right wing or left wing. is the man good at his job?

Even though I'm not a student anymore I occasionally visit and have people who work at the school in the know who say the same thing about Frenk that theoriginalcane said. Not the first time I've mentioned this on here but my sister works at the school with Public Allies/AmeriCorps and has told me all the time how unorganized and clueless Frenk is. Too many hands in the kitchen at UM when it comes to certain departments and extra curricular activities. Again, so unorganized, Which is why I'm not surprised at the slip in academic rankings the school has taken.

Advertisement

For no other reason other than $$$

Advertisement
I call bull**** on both of you claiming that 2000-2003 was the best era to be a student at UM (as far as football is concerned):

1986 - (my first undergrad year) - UM v. Penn State, Miami finishes #2
1987 - UM wins national championship
1988 - UM robbed in the Notre Dame game, finishes #2
1989 - UM wins national championship
1990 - UM loses TWO games, finishes #3
1991 - (MBA) - UM wins national championship
1992 - (MBA) - UM v. Alabama, Miami finishes #3
1993 - (Law) - UM finishes #15
1994 - (Law) - UM v. Nebraska, Miami finishes #6

Thats the best run. During my six years at Miami (Undergrad and Grad) went to every home game at the OB and saw one loss (Washington game).

Fair enough. It's hard being an older guy on this board, so many of the young ones just remember the more recent run.

When I started at UM, we just had long benches for the student section, no "butt-hugger" seat covers. Didn't even have a magnetic strip on our Cane cards (didn't have a Cane card), you just flashed your student ID. Student section was way over-packed with students and their friends, family, and anyone else you could jam through the gate.

I know a lot of folks tailgated in people's yards, but I was fortunate enough to have fraternity alums with parking in one of the OB lots. I have hazy memories of certain games due to massive inebriation. Two consecutive Student Government presidents (Joe Garcia and Bill Barzee) were arrested by the Miami cops in 1986 and 1987, and Bill Barzee was beaten up (his mug shot graced the front page of The Miami Hurricane).

Good times.

We had no computer registration my first year. They had booths in the student union and got cards from the teachers to register.

Advertisement
Back