Who actually graduated the U?

BA 2011
JD 2015

To be honest, the biggest fans I’ve encountered are not alumni
Thank you. On behalf of all non-alumni fans. We've had to through a lot to be loyal over the years.

In fact, in it's early years, the DC alumni group received a lot of support and leadership from non-alumni fans who supported the U in other ways.

Advertisement
Silly Yankees. Why waste waste time? Bring file with you at all times. I spent lot time dealing with City firms. Lots of smart cookies up. Us slow southerners were no match for them.
If you are talking about NYC firms they are brutal and mercenary. On late Friday afternoons a new assignment from a partner would end up in your inbox. With a Monday due date. So you have to work all weekend.

Or, in other departments, on early Friday evenings, the partner in charge of the associates committee would be prowling the hallways looking for associates to receive new assignments. Just to make sure the junior associates had something to keep them busy over the weekend. I was a mid-level in a smaller practice group so I would usually get my weekend assignment directly from my senior partner delivered by a messenger.

I remember, just after I moved to NY, I wanted to go to a Pitt game in Pittsburgh. I left LaGuardia Saturday morning, flew to the game, flew back that night and was working in the office 'til after midnight.

Not much fun.

If you are talking about NYC firms they are brutal and mercenary. On late Friday afternoons a new assignment from a partner would end up in your inbox. With a Monday due date. So you have to work all weekend.

Or, in other departments, on early Friday evenings, the partner in charge of the associates committee would be prowling the hallways looking for associates to receive new assignments. Just to make sure the junior associates had something to keep them busy over the weekend. I was a mid-level in a smaller practice group so I would usually get my weekend assignment directly from my senior partner delivered by a messenger.

I remember, just after I moved to NY, I wanted to go to a Pitt game in Pittsburgh. I left LaGuardia Saturday morning, flew to the game, flew back that night and was working in the office 'til after midnight.

Not much fun.

I got an offer out of school in a Wall Street firm. Money was great everything else felt bad. In the end, having grown up in old So Fl the street crowd at lunch was a deal killer. Sounds like I made right choice.

Advertisement
Have had a bad leader at the U, Frenk seems to be good, at least for the football team. MY point was related mostly to not having a stadium when the land at that time SW of the U was cheap.

Frenk is horrendous. His contract will not be renewed.

Coral Gables was the first planned community in the USA. George Merrick set aside the land for UM, and the football stadium was supposed to be in the center of campus. However, after the Depression, we needed money, so we dug out all the dirt (which turned a canal into "Lake" Osceola) and sold the dirt to developers who built causeways over Biscayne Bay.

So we shifted to the Orange Bowl. And, for the most part, it was a pretty good deal. We screwed up our chance to get Tropical Park, but South Miami was never going to happen.

Advertisement
Frenk is horrendous. His contract will not be renewed.

Coral Gables was the first planned community in the USA. George Merrick set aside the land for UM, and the football stadium was supposed to be in the center of campus. However, after the Depression, we needed money, so we dug out all the dirt (which turned a canal into "Lake" Osceola) and sold the dirt to developers who built causeways over Biscayne Bay.

So we shifted to the Orange Bowl. And, for the most part, it was a pretty good deal. We screwed up our chance to get Tropical Park, but South Miami was never going to happen.

I was unaware of this, and thank you for advising on both the land and Frenk.

Enrolled at the U in 1966 and graduated 5 years later after taking a year off when I got married. Ted Hendricks (The Mad Stork) was in one of my early classes. So yeah, I’ve been a Cane longer than most of you have been alive. GO CANES!!!!!

Ted was in a business stat course I took I believe in 68.

Advertisement
There are probably people on here that I know also given the graduation/major.

2010 BSIE. Currently working on an MBA elsewhere.

Advertisement
Man Billie was incomparable - nobody like her before or since. There's surprisingly a lot to choose from in trombone jazz lol. For "YouTubeability" go check out Jack Teagarden, Frank Rosolino, JJ Johnson, and Carl Fontana. Also I love Jimmy Pankow (Chicago) and Bruce Fowler (Zappa.)

I may have forgotten to thank you for this response, I am definitely going to be looking up those artists

Advertisement
Back