Who actually graduated the U?

I call bull**** on both of you claiming that 2000-2003 was the best era to be a student at UM (as far as football is concerned):

1986 - (my first undergrad year) - UM v. Penn State, Miami finishes #2
1987 - UM wins national championship
1988 - UM robbed in the Notre Dame game, finishes #2
1989 - UM wins national championship
1990 - UM loses TWO games, finishes #3
1991 - (MBA) - UM wins national championship
1992 - (MBA) - UM v. Alabama, Miami finishes #3
1993 - (Law) - UM finishes #15
1994 - (Law) - UM v. Nebraska, Miami finishes #6

**** - you stacked degrees like Miami stacked Chips! That's a STRONG run right there.

Advertisement
Man Billie was incomparable - nobody like her before or since. There's surprisingly a lot to choose from in trombone jazz lol. For "YouTubeability" go check out Jack Teagarden, Frank Rosolino, JJ Johnson, and Carl Fontana. Also I love Jimmy Pankow (Chicago) and Bruce Fowler (Zappa.)

I played Alto Sax for some years, need to pick it back up...

Advertisement
Advertisement
**** - you stacked degrees like Miami stacked Chips! That's a STRONG run right there.

I acknowledge, I was very fortunate with my timing.

And it explains my perspective. I fully expect us to win every year. We have the talent and capability. I am greedy for national championships. I don't really care about conference trophies or bowl trophies.

I just care about crystal footballs (and I know the trophy has now changed).

Advertisement
Henry King Stanford was not the best guy for the U, but neither was Tad Foote.

Have had a bad leader at the U, Frenk seems to be good, at least for the football team. MY point was related mostly to not having a stadium when the land at that time SW of the U was cheap.

Undergrad at University at Buffalo and Master of Science from Miami.
Really pulling for KJ Osborn! Buffalo to the U!

Spent two summers in Buffalo. May no longer be there, but the Anchor Bar was famous for its chicken wings.

Advertisement
Henry King Stanford was not the best guy for the U, but neither was Tad Foote.
But can many colleges say they saw as big a transformation as we did under Foote? We became a top 50 university academically and won 4 championships and were primed for a fifth.

As it shall be, now and foreveeerrrrrrrr. Ahhhhhhmen.

JD 76. Paid tuition with paychecks from Dade County Schools. Students loans are a true travesty. Law in Miami in 70’s & 80’s was a dream. Easy money and easier women. Being a Cane made it almost Heaven.

You shouldn’t have time to post. You should be billing hours, lots of hours....lol 😉

Billing these hours should not be a problem for a Miami grad. If you are breathing it should be on someone’s toll, maybe even a couple.

Advertisement
Back