Who’s the greatest assistant coach in canes history?

Advertisement
Not the best DL coach we’ve ever had but I have always felt Greg Mark doesn’t get enough credit.
He coached some amazing lines.

Does Pat Ruel count?

Don Soldinger greatest running back coach & recruiter. Edge James, James Jackson, Frank Gore, Clinton Portis. Willis Magahe,
even Payton who was 3rd string at the U & started NFL. Made everyone a good blocker as well as runner

Hard to argue with this considering the guys he produced, not to mention he was so connected locally.

Advertisement
At the rate he's goin, Manuel.

Advertisement
The bench strength of asst coaches defined all our successful HCs....

Conversely, lack of quality asst coaches is the primary reason for the string of failed coaching regimes we have had during the past 17years..

Hands down it’s mofitt
I wish we could somehow get him back
One of my favorite Moffittisms: Each element of strength and power affects success in football, but coaches today should take a deeper look at the role of speed. The days of evaluating how fast a player is based on their 40-yard dash time is over. Fast hands, quick feet and the ability to successfully move the opposing player’s mass are the new standards of speed on the football field.

Not the best DL coach we’ve ever had but I have always felt Greg Mark doesn’t get enough credit.
He coached some amazing lines.

Does Pat Ruel count?
Harold Allen is probably the best DL Coach I can remember at the U. Pre-Howard S era, Coach Allen was always producing top D Linemen even when we were average at best as a team. He was part of that first Natty with Howard as well. Incredible coach and human being.

Advertisement
Harold Allen is probably the best DL Coach I can remember at the U. Pre-Howard S era, Coach Allen was always producing top D Linemen even when we were average at best as a team. He was part of that first Natty with Howard as well. Incredible coach and human being.

Probably ancient history for many, but Harold Allen is hands down the best position coach in terms of developing All-Americans and 1st rd NFL picks. He had a 10-year stretch of AA/1st rd defensive tackles that may be unmatched in college football: Tony Cristiai, Rubin Carter, Eddie Edwards, Don Latimer, Gary Dunn, Don Smith, Jim Burt, Lester Williams.

Probably ancient history for many, but Harold Allen is hands down the best position coach in terms of developing All-Americans and 1st rd NFL picks. He had a 10-year stretch of AA/1st rd defensive tackles that may be unmatched in college football: Tony Cristiai, Rubin Carter, Eddie Edwards, Don Latimer, Gary Dunn, Don Smith, Jim Burt, Lester Williams.
💯

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back