Who’s the greatest assistant coach in canes history?

Alien

Sophomore
Someone started a thread asking about the best HC but assistant coaches I think people will have significantly different views. Schiano? Randy Shannon? Manny? Coker?

Advertisement
To me it’s manny but I don’t know much before 2005. On offense probably **** I’m gonna say jedd fisch

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
A bunch of candidates so it really depends on what criteria you use to determine "greatest":

• Gary Stevens did a heck of a job as a QB guru during this time to attract top QB's here and develop them
  • Wannstadt - only went on to be a successful NFL HC winning coach of the year one time I believe.
  • Butch Davis - went on to build a talent loaded squad at UM as a HC along with stops in the NFL in college
  • Lubbick - went on to be a very successful college HC\
  • Coker - won a National Championship with us as HC and was cheated out of a second one vs Ohio State

Heck of a list of candidates so any of these picks is fine by me. Just tells you how fortunate we have been to have quality assistants and this list doesn't include some other great ones that I could argue should be listed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back