Who’s “Next” on the Canes Roster?

No one, we dont get those type of guys for ages. JT4 is our best player in a real long time and hes not top 5 cause of his size.

How big is Antonio Brown or Odell Beckham? Maturity or immaturity, what Richt did or more importantly did not do with Thomas last year was criminal. That kid should have at least a dozen touches a game and probably more if he is returning punts.

Advertisement
It has if you measuring from what we had in the league From 2000-2010(maybe a couple years beyond that), no one hasn’t said that isn’t the case. But Miami is still tied for 4th most nfl players in the league and will put at least 7 more this class

Who the **** are those 36 dudes?? lol

When you look at the multi-year all pro guys we have sent to the league, how many were hard to identify as underclassmen at UM?

Beason probably. Vernon with an asterisk (plus athlete, less than full buy in at UM.) Not sure who else.

It’s an interesting question. Should we know who on this team has realistic nfl all pro potential?

Im going to be dead ***....anyone can check my post history earlier in my years here and see i slurped. Been down so long when u eventually lose that hope. Accept that we wont be back ever (i have come to grips with this) and the reason everyone is here is because we love the team

But saying that its like a wife cheating and people keep getting suckered. (i was one of them) i am upset that the team i love will possibly no longer be what they once were. This era of the new college football is too big a hill to climb for UM.

Still a fan but will post truths opinions and concerns.....also will post when they do things right like i normally do.

Im on wait and see mode on the field first then on nsd
Nothing wrong with that.

Advertisement
How big is Antonio Brown or Odell Beckham? Maturity or immaturity, what Richt did or more importantly did not do with Thomas last year was criminal. That kid should have at least a dozen touches a game and probably more if he is returning punts.
I said hes not a top 5 pick again because of his height, I never said he wasnt good. Hes our best player IMO

It has if you measuring from what we had in the league From 2000-2010(maybe a couple years beyond that), no one hasn’t said that isn’t the case. But Miami is still tied for 4th most nfl players in the league and will put at least 7 more this class

I think we were at 3 when the last NFL season started. We have had plenty of talent...just **** poor coaching and development.

I said hes not a top 5 pick again because of his height, I never said he wasnt good. Hes our best player IMO

OP said top 5 player at his position. You then said he wasn't a top 5 player because of his height. Thomas is the same height as Brown and one inch shorter than Beckham. As for top 5 draft pick? Overall or at his position? Beckham went 12th overall. Can Thomas have a 50 or 60 catch season this season? Absolutely. He can be a much better punt return than Beckham was in college.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Everyone always taking shots.
They have to against us cause we keep feeding the league with players regardless.
The best judge of your talent is usually your peers and not some dude on twitter or a message board.
Instead of asking who’s top 5 in what position, they should ask how many players from the U would teams jump on if they become available. The answer is plenty.
Next they won’t be asking top 5 but top3 or who’s best. They keep looking for ways to put us down.

If he was trolling, then brock went for the lure like a mahi mahi.

In any case, we have zero need for more discussions about the number of nfl players from miami. It’s interesting enough, trolling or not, to consider what has happened to our top level guys or who may be next on that list. If you dont want to have that discussion, why not sit the thread out?

Why is there even a discussion? We've all seen that Miami gets very few of the top kids out of HS. And while those aren't the only kids that can be great, they are much more likely to be great. If you aren't getting those kids, you won't be putting out many 1st rounders/all-pros.

There's no mystery here.

Canes that Just Graduated or Are Current Canes:

Gerald Willis
JT4
Brevin
Mallory
Garvin
Rousseau (educated guess)
TreSavage
Nesta
Lingard
Donaldson (if he plays guard & continues to work hard)

Advertisement
OP said top 5 player at his position. You then said he wasn't a top 5 player because of his height. Thomas is the same height as Brown and one inch shorter than Beckham. As for top 5 draft pick? Overall or at his position? Beckham went 12th overall. Can Thomas have a 50 or 60 catch season this season? Absolutely. He can be a much better punt return than Beckham was in college.
I dont think he will be a top five player in college. Does he have the skills? Heck yea but theres alot of talent coming out next season. Juedy will be the number one wr im guessing. First round for JT? I think hes that type of player.

That list makes me want to cry. We’ve had some talent in the building but our results don’t match. What AD have we held accountable for the product on the field? We don’t talk enough about their hires which has put this program back for almost 20 years. Maybe it’s the board of trustees but this can’t all be coaching can it?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back