Who’s “Next” on the Canes Roster?

Whatever man. Start your own thread if you want. It’s not like we havent had them already. Just because we have guys in the pros doesnt mean they’re all equally talented or all pro level. Nothing wrong with people talking about that, despite your apparent desire to try to silence the debate.
I clearly said the talent HAS declined if you compare the great talent we put in the league from the 2000-2010 really from 95-2005 or so era,

Advertisement
We haven’t had an NFL (top 5) player at his position at the University of Miami in years (Jimmy Graham maybe?).

FSU has Derwin James & Jalen Ramsey. Who if anybody on roster the next 4 years can be a transcendent player in the NFL?

View attachment 81848

View attachment 81847

View attachment 81849
We haven’t had an NFL (top 5) player at his position at the University of Miami in years (Jimmy Graham maybe?).

FSU has Derwin James & Jalen Ramsey. Who if anybody on roster the next 4 years can be a transcendent player in the NFL?

View attachment 81848

View attachment 81847

View attachment 81849
Jimmy Graham wasn't top 5 while he was at Miami.

I also think people forget how evenly distributed talent in the NFL is in terms of the school they went to. Consider this past year's All-Pro Team:

Pat Mahomes - Texas Tech
Todd Gurley - UGA
Tyreek Hill - Okie St./West Alabama
Travis Kelce - Cincinatti
Michael Thomas - Ohio St.
DeAndre Hopkins - Clemson
David Bakhtiari - Colorado
Mitchell Schwartz - Cal
Quenton Nelson - Notre Dame
Zach Matin - Notre Dame
Jason Kelce - Cincinatti

JJ Watt - Wisconsin
Khalil Mack - Buffalo
Aaron Donald - Pitt
Fletcher Cox - Miss St.
Luke Kuechly - Boston College
Bobby Wagner - Utah St.
Darius Leonard - South Carolina St.
Kyle Fuller - VT
Stephon Gilmore - South Carolina
Eddie Jackson - Alabama
Derwin James - FSU
Desmond King - Iowa

Same negative posters posting the same negative ****. Either you guys are absolutely miserable 1000% of the time or are some very dedicated trolls. I’m honestly not sure which for some of you.

Advertisement
AB, Tyreek Hill ?
I dont know where those guys got drafted and i cant check right now. Not saying they arent elite but giys like that usually get looked over. The question was top 5, i never said he isnt worth it.

I also think people forget how evenly distributed talent in the NFL is in terms of the school they went to. Consider this past year's All-Pro Team:

Pat Mahomes - Texas Tech
Todd Gurley - UGA
Tyreek Hill - Okie St./West Alabama
Travis Kelce - Cincinatti
Michael Thomas - Ohio St.
DeAndre Hopkins - Clemson
David Bakhtiari - Colorado
Mitchell Schwartz - Cal
Quenton Nelson - Notre Dame
Zach Matin - Notre Dame
Jason Kelce - Cincinatti

JJ Watt - Wisconsin
Khalil Mack - Buffalo
Aaron Donald - Pitt
Fletcher Cox - Miss St.
Luke Kuechly - Boston College
Bobby Wagner - Utah St.
Darius Leonard - South Carolina St.
Kyle Fuller - VT
Stephon Gilmore - South Carolina
Eddie Jackson - Alabama
Derwin James - FSU
Desmond King - Iowa
True the way we stacked those teams in the past was far from normal and doesn’t happened at 99.9% of schools really

Why are you a fan of the program? Serious question. Every post in every thread is negative
Again hes not top 5 in terms of what NFL scouts will look for but he will be a stud a complete stud. What did I say wrong please tell me or will u follow me around waiting for something u disagree with.

Advertisement
It has if you measuring from what we had in the league From 2000-2010(maybe a couple years beyond that), no one hasn’t said that isn’t the case. But Miami is still tied for 4th most nfl players in the league and will put at least 7 more this class

And yet that wasnt the topic of the thread. So why are you bringing it up?

And yet that wasnt the topic of the thread. So why are you bringing it up?
I was responding to you when I said our talent has declined(I ageed) compared to how many Miami used to be which is still relevant to this topic of Miami not having a bunch of top 5 league wide players at their position outside of a few players

Whatever man. Start your own thread if you want. It’s not like we havent had them already. Just because we have guys in the pros doesnt mean they’re all equally talented or all pro level. Nothing wrong with people talking about that, despite your apparent desire to try to silence the debate.

No one said those guys you mentioned weren’t good. That’s just you whining at the OP and looking for a fake argument. Top 5 player in the league was the OP’s reference. Seems to equate to all pro, more or less. Just because we have good players in the league doesn’t mean no one should ask about a finer set of standards. UM sent many HOF players to the league from the ‘80s - ‘00s.

You are better (and smarter) than this. OP was trolling. If @IndayArtHauz's post wasn't enough, you can tell by the entirely unnecessary reference to two f$u players in the OP. Yes, @brock eventually responded to the supposition in OP's question re: the quality of recent UM players in the NFL by challenging the quantity of UM players in the NFL (his first response squarely addressed the fact there are Canes in the top 5 in their position in the league right now).

But ultimately, OP was just trolling. His question was a thinly-veiled and disingenuous attempt to elicit emotional responses and ferment discord. He's not trying to have a discussion, he's trying to start an argument. This back and forth only establishes OP's troll job as marginally successful, which is sad.

Advertisement
You are better (and smarter) than this. OP was trolling. If @IndayArtHauz's post wasn't enough, you can tell by the entirely unnecessary reference to two f$u players in the OP. Yes, @brock eventually responded to the supposition in OP's question re: the quality of recent UM players in the NFL by challenging the quantity of UM players in the NFL (his first response squarely addressed the fact there are Canes in the top 5 in their position in the league right now).

But ultimately, OP was just trolling. His question was a thinly-veiled and disingenuous attempt to elicit emotional responses and ferment discord. He's not trying to have a discussion, he's trying to start an argument. This back and forth only establishes OP's troll job as marginally successful, which is sad.
If he was trolling, then brock went for the lure like a mahi mahi.

In any case, we have zero need for more discussions about the number of nfl players from miami. It’s interesting enough, trolling or not, to consider what has happened to our top level guys or who may be next on that list. If you dont want to have that discussion, why not sit the thread out?

Advertisement
Same negative posters posting the same negative ****. Either you guys are absolutely miserable 1000% of the time or are some very dedicated trolls. I’m honestly not sure which for some of you.
Im going to be dead ***....anyone can check my post history earlier in my years here and see i slurped. Been down so long when u eventually lose that hope. Accept that we wont be back ever (i have come to grips with this) and the reason everyone is here is because we love the team

But saying that its like a wife cheating and people keep getting suckered. (i was one of them) i am upset that the team i love will possibly no longer be what they once were. This era of the new college football is too big a hill to climb for UM.

Still a fan but will post truths opinions and concerns.....also will post when they do things right like i normally do.

Im on wait and see mode on the field first then on nsd

Last edited:

Mole troll

Advertisement
Back