Whiplash offense relocated to Pittsburgh

Yall can talk **** about Whipple all you want but I'll always remember him fondly for going into Tally with a young Jacory and lighting it up in the fourth. He made FIIGD a thing!

Those were the days until everyone realized all he wanted was to throw it deep and started playing 2 deep safeties.

Advertisement
Lol well yeah but when your favorite moments of the guy here is UTTER CHAOS,...its not exactly a ringing endorsement of him.

I know what its like to work for an incompetent boob. No matter how competent, one cannot succeed in that environment. Even when things go well, the incompetence of the manager will pull the rug out from under you.... like calling a random timeout right when you things rolling. lol

Again, Whipple won a 1AA (FCS) national title as head coach of UMASS. Took them to a second title game as well. Dude was legit.

I enjoyed Mark Whipple's offenses. He would occasionally go off his meds and call some whacked out **** but in general he was solid.

My favorite Mrk Whipple memory was when he was running a 2 minute offense just before halftime and was working it to perfection. He needed to call one more play then call a timeout. Before he could get that play called Randy Shannon randomly walks up to the referee and calls a time out. Whipple was ****ED!!!!!! I just remember laughing my *** off at how bad the Miami Hurricanes had become.

I forget what game it was though..

I liked Whipple, feel like he went off the rails when he realized how awful radio was.

Advertisement
INTs during Whipple's 2 years...44.

INTS during Fisch's 2 years...18.

LOL...I guess Fisch got lucky.

44?? Lol Got ****!!

If I'm Blandy, I would've called a timeout with 7 seconds left too!!

Things were a clusterf**k back then and Whip was just as responsible,...he's not absolved.

If they don't have it worked out already behind closed doors where he has autonomy on TO's before a half over Shannon,...that's his fault.

Can't go back and rewrite history,...he was horrible. If he and Shannon can still work as coordinators now, then good for both of them.

Remember seeing him in the stands at a scrimmage when Spencer was on the team. Looked back at some older guy alone at the very top and pointed to my brother that is mark whipple. Definitely was trying to hide out that day from people

He had a receiver this year that is one of the top receivers in the country in a schedule where they played and were competitive with three SEC teams.

Andy Isabella is very, very crafty. I saw Massachusetts in person this year vs. Connecticut. He changed the game with a late touchdown catch after an earlier one got called back by penalty.

More quick and clever version of Berrios, although not as wiry tough. The new NFL rules are perfect for Isabella as a slot receiver.

Jacory was more the problem than Whipple, IMO. So often the receiver would be wide open but Jacory only had the lob wedge instead of 8 iron. It was much more evident in person than during TV coverage. Massachusetts has not had an interception problem recently and in fact the 2017 team had among the lowest interception rates in the country.

Advertisement
Who did more with Jacory, Jedd Fisch or Mark Whipple? Fisch had Jacory playing above and beyond his potential, with 20 tds and 9ints, both teams ended 7-6 though.

LOL @ the revisionist history.

That guy's "O" was a ******* ! n' disaster...44 INTs in 2 years, 5 of dem b!tches returned for TDs.

Though I agree Fisch ended up being a better fit, at the same time you are also criminally underrating Whipple's effectiveness/efficiency as an OC while he was @ MIA. If you cared to do even a little research, you would quickly see that during his time @ MIA he was able to guide some of the most productive offenses in program history up to that pt. It's also not a stretch to say that he's one of the best OC's MIA has ever had, and if he was the OC instead of Chud in the NC against OSU, we probably win that game. So if there's anyone who's engaging in revisionist history, it would you. Next time at least take a glance at this man's resume 1st, before you start takin shots.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back