GT
UNC
VPI
Pitt
Duke
UVA

fsu, Nebraska, Cincinnati will be single digits losses and then wheels come off

Advertisement
I cane easily see a 20+ point loss to Clemson.

But the team that might surprise some this year could be Nebraska. Im a big Mike Riley fan. If they have any kind of talent at the QB position I can see them lighting up pyrite's defense like a phatty of the green on the second tee box.

I'm pretty sure I saw Tommy Armstrong at QB for Nebraska in their spring game.

Not a great QB but he beat us last season.

Yes, he's back and they don't have a clue who's going to replace AA's production. Armstrong is a horrible passer and this game really doesn't worry me more than any other average team on the schedule. With time, who knows if the hire will work out, but he's not a miracle worker for this year's game. Who needs miracles though against this staff?

My guess, they'll be looking for another coach in four years.

I cane easily see a 20+ point loss to Clemson.

But the team that might surprise some this year could be Nebraska. Im a big Mike Riley fan. If they have any kind of talent at the QB position I can see them lighting up pyrite's defense like a phatty of the green on the second tee box.

I'm pretty sure I saw Tommy Armstrong at QB for Nebraska in their spring game.

Not a great QB but he beat us last season.

Yes, he's back and they don't have a clue who's going to replace AA's production. Armstrong is a horrible passer and this game really doesn't worry me more than any other average team on the schedule. With time, who knows if the hire will work out, but he's not a miracle worker for this year's game. Who needs miracles though against this staff?

My guess, they'll be looking for another coach in four years.

Yes, Armstrong is horrible. I don't think Mike Riley will be able to run his offense with Armstrong at QB. It'll be interesting to see what he does. The Huskers open at home against BYU. We'll see what they have at that point.

Advertisement
Nebraska has 2 starters returning on offense-a strong-armed, good running QB who is not very accurate and a nothing TE. They lost their super star RB and his backup, the entire OL and three second string OLs and their top 2 WRs.

On defense, they lose their best player, Gregory (DE), 2 starting LBs, both starting CBs and both starting Safeties.

The Nebraska program no longer reloads.

If we get abused by Nebraska, coach Golden needs to be relieved of his position as HC at the very latest by Monday.

I didn't realize they were losing that many on the OL. They shouldn't even be a challenge and the WR's lost are a non-factor as Armstrong can't hit the broadside of a barn.

Nebraska has 2 starters returning on offense-a strong-armed, good running QB who is not very accurate and a nothing TE. They lost their super star RB and his backup, the entire OL and three second string OLs and their top 2 WRs.

On defense, they lose their best player, Gregory (DE), 2 starting LBs, both starting CBs and both starting Safeties.

The Nebraska program no longer reloads.

If we get abused by Nebraska, coach Golden needs to be relieved of his position as HC at the very latest by Monday.

We are favored over them to win the 2016 NC.

Miami 80/1
Corn 110/1

So they will probably be a 3.5-5 point dog on the road vs Miami.

That being said. They will be better corched than us.

The closest thing to early season lines on win totals had:

Nebraska at 8 wins--- Under -120
Miami 5.5 wins--- Over -125

The official early lines will be out in July.

Last edited:
Im a huge Mike Riley fan. Ive seen what he's been able to do at Oregon State. As well, he's been offered jobs at USC and Alabama. The Marketplace thinks highly of him. And I think highly of the marketplace.

Advertisement
Best player is Kaaya which is good

Edwards yearby Walton will be solid
Scott Coley Berrios Lewis Cager Waters solid
More TEs with Dobard Herndon Njoku Washington
OL starters will be Darling McDermott Linder Isidora St Louis will be good

Better pass rush and depth at DL
AQM Thomas Jackson Patchan
Moten Calvin Wyche Jenkins Kamalu McIntosh Norton

Lb depth
Owens grace Kirby
McCord Young gayot

Nice DBs
Burns elder Howard Mayes one frosh
Bush Carter Jenkins Johnson Crawford

Much deeper team with best QB in long time

Lost some stars
Duke
Dorsett
Walford
Perryman

Not much else lost imo

Advertisement

Lb depth
Owens grace Kirby
McCord Young gayot

Nice DBs

Lost some stars
Duke
Dorsett
Walford
Perryman

Not much else lost imo

We should be a shoe in then for the ACC crown, if not the playoff.

****, you must fart rainbows and sunshine. I'll give you credit though, you're one Heck of an optimist.

Lb depth
Owens grace Kirby
McCord Young gayot

Nice DBs

Lost some stars
Duke
Dorsett
Walford
Perryman

Not much else lost imo

Samething was said last season about the two first round picks and our other four players drafted and seven undrafted players. We went 6-7 then. Now you have the same coaching staff, philosophy, and no one who has flashed besides 4 or 5 players but we will be better this year?

Advertisement

Lb depth
Owens grace Kirby
McCord Young gayot

Nice DBs

Lost some stars
Duke
Dorsett
Walford
Perryman

Not much else lost imo

Samething was said last season about the two first round picks and our other four players drafted and seven undrafted players. We went 6-7 then. Now you have the same coaching staff, philosophy, and no one who has flashed besides 4 or 5 players but we will be better this year?

? lol

i think we beat FSU this year and then end up losing to some bs team... but Golden will parade around the FSU win like he won the NC twice in a row

Lulz what in the **** have you seen in the past decade that makes you think we're just gonna go beat FSU next year?

Holy **** man

i think we beat FSU this year and then end up losing to some bs team... but Golden will parade around the FSU win like he won the NC twice in a row

Lulz what in the **** have you seen in the past decade that makes you think we're just gonna go beat FSU next year?

Holy **** man

FSU won 30-26 last year with the #1 overall pick in the draft on their team. He's gone & both starting CB's....

Advertisement
Back