• Randy Shannon

Votes: 32 8.5%
  • Al Golden

Votes: 200 53.1%
  • Manny Diaz

Votes: 124 32.9%

• Total voters
A non-transitioning AD would've met Diaz at midfield and fired him on the spot

FIU, Florida International University, probably known more for their marine biology program than any sport, was up 16-3 going into the 4th qtr! They had a 13-0 HT lead. Bro, I know Clemson smoked us 58-0, but it was Clemson, a Clemson team that lost a back & forth shoot out against Bama in the Nat’l Championship game. U can’t compare getting blown out by a Nat’l Championship contending team to losing to a G5 team THAT NEVER beat a P5 team IN ITS HISTORY! And it happened on the soil of our old crib.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Coker, Shannon, and Diaz cared about the program but just couldn't do the job. Golden didn't give a **** about Miami.
Golden busted his *** TRYING to recruit. Stubborn with an outdated defensive philosophy. Once Matthew Thomas didn't commit ... he was a broken man. Just couldn't do it ... but he tried. Diaz DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER to attempt to recruit. Lazy, entitled rich kid with no business having been hired. Lazy prick.

Advertisement
Al golden sucked a ton, but at least we had that win vs. UF. That was fun for a bit. I remember praying for Pedo St to take him off our hands.

Manny brought more embarrassment to this University than the other three combined. FIU was just…I mean no words. None of the other three would have lost that game. LA Tech…I was lifeless watching. I didn’t care; arguably more embarrassing to not give af about a team you grew up idolizing.

And after reading and hearing about his actions during practices and his smug, haughty demeanor…I don’t wish him good luck at all. I hope he fails miserably and is relegated to Division 3 coaching. I look forward to the Saturdays of Wisconsin and Iowa running for 450 yards, or Ohio State putting up 70.

Al Folden by a landslide IMO & here’s my reasoning:

I gave all of the Corches a chance, (meaning even with the doubts I had I was willing to give them 2 years to prove themself before I wanted them out), but with Folden I never wanted him here from day 1 & did not give him a chance AT ALL because I knew he was going to fail & fail hard because he was an absolute shìt Corch at Temple.

His team's routinely lost games they shouldn't have:
- He lost to Buffalo
- Bowling Green
- Ohio
- Western Mich
- Kent St
- VillaFckinNova (a BBall school that doesn't even care about Football)
- UCLA & a bunch others at Temple.

It showed his track record was of a below average coach that NEVER got his team's to play all out for him, his team's always FOLDED up when it mattered most. (Hence why he became Al Folden & as you’ll notice I never refer to him as his given name)... He was 27-34 at Temple, he was literally a sub .500 Coach who had absolutely no business ever even being interviewed to be a volunteer Water boy at Greentree, let alone the HC at Miami.

The same sh*t happened at Miami, starting off with a loss vs a Maryland team that finished the season at 2-10, losing to K-State, UVA, BC. Then in 2012 K State, UNC, UVA , I wanted him gone in year one, but I REALLY wanted him gone that season. Then in his "best" season, lost to Va Tech & Duke & got steamrolled by FSU & Teddy Bridgwater's Louisville. Then the following year got smacked around by Louisville again (which should’ve been the last straw) he should've been fired after that game, but both LVille games were the perfect opportunities to get rid of him, instead they kept him on longer & he did more damage to the program with his incompetence.

We finished 2014 with a 4 game losing streak; again should've been fired, but nope let'em hang around for another season & after losing to Cincinnati he DEFINITELY should've been fired, but nope took another L to FSU & then the worst loss in school history (at that time) in the disaster vs Clemson, before the administration decided to step up & get rid of that fckin bum.

He did irrevocable damage to the program on the recruiting trail & that taken 7 years & 3 staffs to repair. What makes Folden worse than the others is his lack of work actually made it harder for Richt & even Diaz to recruit, because what recruits thought of us from when they were growing up & all the severed relationships from local South FL schools were all because of Folden. He was a complete joke who should've never been hired in the first place. (Same with Shannon & Diaz), but what separates him IMO is the fact that he genuinely was a 2-bit huckster who never gave a sh*t about Miami & was simply fleecing money from a job as a holdover until he could return back to Penn ST.

I've never seen a Corch ***** up up so bad on the recruiting trail than him, the misses he had, the God awful evals, the numerous times we had kids being hand delivered to us & he would still fck it up or flat out turn them down. I can't even get into the countless stories I have of kids who would've committed on the spot if we simply offered & Folden refused.

Folden, Shannon & Diaz were all incompetent in their own way & NONE of them should’ve ever been hired:

- Shannon was just a coordinator who was too stubborn & stuck in his old school mentality to ever be anything more than below average. The HC job was too big for him, he was nothing more than a career position coach who was unqualified for the job.

- Diaz was a dorky wannabe Football player who was the former Mayor’s son who essentially had his Daddy’s connections pull strings on his behalf to take over for Richt after he was too burnt out with health issues. If it wasn’t for his Daddy’s ties to the old money regime on the BOT & reluctancy from that faction to wanna spend legit money for a legit coach, we wouldn’t have had Diaz as a HC, he would’ve went off to Temple & failed miserably up there.

- But Folden... Not only was he unqualified, not only was a sh*tty person on top of being a sh*tty HC, but he was also the most weak jelly-spine Beta who couldn’t garner an ounce of respect from his peers. He was a walking joke & total fraud... He had the charisma of used shoe salesman... Not cars, used shoes.

I mean just look at him

View attachment 201959
View attachment 201960

No respect at all... Even a country bumpkin hillbilly goofball like Dabo was like
“Don’t even fckin look at me you roadkill squirrel pelt selling assistant manager looking mf’er..”

@Liberty City El great post man! My pick is Golden too only because I feel with the others we had some kind of hope but we did not have that with Golden.

****er - had the dinasty, Shannon the #1 recruiting class and Diaz the new Miami hope. I feel with Golden we had nothing.

the worst incompetence goes to Diaz in my opinion just for the fact the school was investigated and penalized in Golden’s time and Diaz had nothing to worry about in that sense,

question… is it not the general agreement that Golden brought better players than Richt and Diaz? And that Diaz did much Better with Al’s recruits than Richt and his players? failing Miserably when playing his own players

El; Diaz set UNIMAGINABLE negative records here, champ!

Do I have to remind the board that til this very day, The Univ of Miami is thee ONLY P5 program in the history of CFB to EVER lose to FIU?

Do I need to go back down memory lane (in my Minny Rippleton voice), to highlight all of the NCAA, ACC, & Miami Hurricanes records that UNC set against us?

Do I need to pontificate on the disaster of getting shut out in a bowl game against another G5 school?

Do we need to revisit Jonathan Taylor single handily destroying us in a bowl game w/ a back up QB?

El, come on babbbbbyyyyyyyy, I agree w/ ur assessment of Golden, but we’re letting Diaz off waaaaay too easy. I mean historic disasters as a HC in a shorter period of time. At least I can give Golden a 2 yr out; he took over the job under chitty circumstances; what was Diaz excuse? He should’ve been at Temple, & not here. He was way over his head.
Folden will always be worse IMO.

Diaz was horrendous, I’m not making any excuses for him or saying he wasn’t terrible by any stretch of the imagination, but the reverberations from how awful Folden was still lingered on long after he was gone & directly affected the program for YEARS.

Actually, giving Folden the excuse of “cloud over the program” is letting him off way easier than he should be. The cloud was not over the program, Folden was the cloud, he didn’t inherit a dead program, HE killed it. He shouldn’t get a 2 year out whatsoever; After Shannon was fired Miami could’ve hired Gary Patterson from TCU, Jimmy Johnson recommended him & personally vouched for him to the BOT. Charlie Strong, Sonny Dykes, Tommy Tuberville, Todd Graham & Skip Holtz were all available s potential coaches we could’ve hired to replace Shannon & if we weren’t a dirt cheap program at the time we definitely would have landed one of them with a simple amount of effort.

What does that have to do with Folden you might ask? Well, think about it like this, out of all those potential coaches I just mentioned for that time in 2010-2011, if hired them under the same circumstances as we did with Folden, do you think they’ve would’ve been as bad as Folden? Meaning, do you think any coach hired after Shannon was going to be as bad as Folden, or was Folden just as bad regardless of the circumstances?

Or another way to look at it; Does Folden turn us to a winning program under better circumstances?

Diaz had really embarrassing Game day results against inferior teams obviously, but lets not act like @ K-State, @ Notre lame in Chicago in 2012, @ FSU, @ Duke & vs LVille in Russell Athletic Bowl in 2013 weren’t any less bad or embarrassing.

It may be recency bias when it comes to Diaz, but I mean we’re really splitting hairs on varying degrees of bad lol

I guess I would frame with these two questions:

Which “best” season from the 3 Corch Triumphant would you pick?
- 2009 Randy Shannon
- 2013 AL Folden
- 2020 Manny Diaz

Which Bad season was the worst among the 3 Stooges?
- 2008 Randy Shannon
- 2014 Al Folden
- 2019 Manny Diaz

Advertisement
Al Folden by a landslide IMO & here’s my reasoning:

I gave all of the Corches a chance, (meaning even with the doubts I had I was willing to give them 2 years to prove themself before I wanted them out), but with Folden I never wanted him here from day 1 & did not give him a chance AT ALL because I knew he was going to fail & fail hard because he was an absolute shìt Corch at Temple.

His team's routinely lost games they shouldn't have:
- He lost to Buffalo
- Bowling Green
- Ohio
- Western Mich
- Kent St
- VillaFckinNova (a BBall school that doesn't even care about Football)
- UCLA & a bunch others at Temple.

It showed his track record was of a below average coach that NEVER got his team's to play all out for him, his team's always FOLDED up when it mattered most. (Hence why he became Al Folden & as you’ll notice I never refer to him as his given name)... He was 27-34 at Temple, he was literally a sub .500 Coach who had absolutely no business ever even being interviewed to be a volunteer Water boy at Greentree, let alone the HC at Miami.

The same sh*t happened at Miami, starting off with a loss vs a Maryland team that finished the season at 2-10, losing to K-State, UVA, BC. Then in 2012 K State, UNC, UVA , I wanted him gone in year one, but I REALLY wanted him gone that season. Then in his "best" season, lost to Va Tech & Duke & got steamrolled by FSU & Teddy Bridgwater's Louisville. Then the following year got smacked around by Louisville again (which should’ve been the last straw) he should've been fired after that game, but both LVille games were the perfect opportunities to get rid of him, instead they kept him on longer & he did more damage to the program with his incompetence.

We finished 2014 with a 4 game losing streak; again should've been fired, but nope let'em hang around for another season & after losing to Cincinnati he DEFINITELY should've been fired, but nope took another L to FSU & then the worst loss in school history (at that time) in the disaster vs Clemson, before the administration decided to step up & get rid of that fckin bum.

He did irrevocable damage to the program on the recruiting trail & that taken 7 years & 3 staffs to repair. What makes Folden worse than the others is his lack of work actually made it harder for Richt & even Diaz to recruit, because what recruits thought of us from when they were growing up & all the severed relationships from local South FL schools were all because of Folden. He was a complete joke who should've never been hired in the first place. (Same with Shannon & Diaz), but what separates him IMO is the fact that he genuinely was a 2-bit huckster who never gave a sh*t about Miami & was simply fleecing money from a job as a holdover until he could return back to Penn ST.

I've never seen a Corch ***** up up so bad on the recruiting trail than him, the misses he had, the God awful evals, the numerous times we had kids being hand delivered to us & he would still fck it up or flat out turn them down. I can't even get into the countless stories I have of kids who would've committed on the spot if we simply offered & Folden refused.

Folden, Shannon & Diaz were all incompetent in their own way & NONE of them should’ve ever been hired:

- Shannon was just a coordinator who was too stubborn & stuck in his old school mentality to ever be anything more than below average. The HC job was too big for him, he was nothing more than a career position coach who was unqualified for the job.

- Diaz was a dorky wannabe Football player who was the former Mayor’s son who essentially had his Daddy’s connections pull strings on his behalf to take over for Richt after he was too burnt out with health issues. If it wasn’t for his Daddy’s ties to the old money regime on the BOT & reluctancy from that faction to wanna spend legit money for a legit coach, we wouldn’t have had Diaz as a HC, he would’ve went off to Temple & failed miserably up there.

- But Folden... Not only was he unqualified, not only was a sh*tty person on top of being a sh*tty HC, but he was also the most weak jelly-spine Beta who couldn’t garner an ounce of respect from his peers. He was a walking joke & total fraud... He had the charisma of used shoe salesman... Not cars, used shoes.

I mean just look at him

View attachment 201959
View attachment 201960

No respect at all... Even a country bumpkin hillbilly goofball like Dabo was like
“Don’t even fckin look at me you roadkill squirrel pelt selling assistant manager looking mf’er..”
All good points sir. But I give you the King of my misery

Lets Go Thumbs Up GIF by ESPN

For the folks forgetting, Golden hated it here once the magic of the first season or 2 began to fade. He abused the cloud beyond acceptable levels to justify how bad he was. He leveraged the cloud into a new contract. Does anyone remember the whole month when no one knew if he was leaving for Penn St. which destroyed our recruiting as signing day was approaching? When it was clear he should have been gone in the 4th season (probably the 3rd honestly), he pretty much just sat on the job collecting paychecks waiting for UM to fire him and effectively wasting the 5th season. They would have let him finish the season, maybe even let him hang around for another season if it wasn't for the Clemson embarrassment. It wasn't done yet though. Knowing he stopped trying and basically dared them to fire him, he then sued the school after.

The others were not up to the task for the job, but they didn't quit and play games trying to run elsewhere. Golden is the only one who just flat-out quit recruiting prior to getting fired (or maybe he really was just that bad). None of them were happy about getting fired, but Golden was only unhappy because he wanted his paycheck.

Advertisement
Fucc em all btw but **** Manny. Let’s forget pulling up to FSU in the limo and going down like 17-0 😂

@Liberty City El great post man! My pick is Golden too only because I feel with the others we had some kind of hope but we did not have that with Golden.

****er - had the dinasty, Shannon the #1 recruiting class and Diaz the new Miami hope. I feel with Golden we had nothing.

the worst incompetence goes to Diaz in my opinion just for the fact the school was investigated and penalized in Golden’s time and Diaz had nothing to worry about in that sense,

question… is it not the general agreement that Golden brought better players than Richt and Diaz? And that Diaz did much Better with Al’s recruits than Richt and his players? failing Miserably when playing his own players
Yes, the defense performed at it’s best with Folden’s players in Diaz’s scheme.

Think about how awful the Defense looked under Folden & how quickly those same players in a 1-2 year timespan looked completely different in a different scheme. That speaks to how bad a coach he was IMO, he recruited kids that couldn’t even work in his own scheme

Folden basically neutralized his recruiting with his own scheme & Diaz neutralized his scheme with his own recruiting lol

I don’t count Richt’s recruiting against him as much as others because #1 he was burnt out & not as on the money in recruiting as he once was earlier in his career & even with his porous recruiting he still managed more success in 2 seasons than any of the 3 Corches in question while practically being on his Deathbed & being a mere few weeks away from having several heart attacks.

I think Pastor Richt really downplayed how dire his health situation really was because he’s a very humble & meager man, but in reality if he would’ve come back for the 2019 seasons very likely could have DIED, no exaggeration.

I agree Richt’s recruiting was very bad down the stretch at Miami, but he showed throughout his career at UGA that he could recruit with the best of’em, he literally built them into the recruiting Machine they are now laying the ground work foundation that Kirby Smart came in & ice skated on & did so without cheating or spending nearly half as much capital as Kirby did.

His misses were big misses, but his hits were big hits too; let us not forget Ahmmon Richards, Malek Young, Brevin Jordan, Joe Jackson, Travis Homer, Jeff Thomas, Deejay Dallas, Trajan Bandy, Jon Garvin, Mike Harley, Al Jr, Cam Harris, Will Mallory, Gilbert Frierson & Gregory Rousseau were alol Richt kids.

His biggest mistake was hiring his 25 year old son to be QB’s coach & refusing to hire an OC.

Give Richt Rhett Lashlee & a pacemaker & we would’ve bounced back rapidly & competed in 2019 lol

Advertisement
FIU, Florida International University, probably known more for their marine biology program than any sport, was up 16-3 going into the 4th qtr! They had a 13-0 HT lead. Bro, I know Clemson smoked us 58-0, but it was Clemson, a Clemson team that lost a back & forth shoot out against Bama in the Nat’l Championship game. U can’t compare getting blown out by a Nat’l Championship contending team to losing to a G5 team THAT NEVER beat a P5 team IN ITS HISTORY! And it happened on the soil of our old crib.
Not that it matters but didn’t Louisville lose to FIU too?

Manny had two of the most egregious loses in FIU and LTU. I’ll never forgive that **** man
Those 2 losses is what catapults Diaz to the top of Pyramid of most hateable Corches in this discussion.

There’s really no counter-argument for losing to FIU at Marlins Park & getting skunked 14-0 to La Tech lol.

I still think Folden was the worse because his 5 years at Miami left a toxicity that continued to permeate around the program for years after, but I fully understand why many will say it was Diaz.

Surprised the lisp and slide gif hasn’t made its way here yet.

God we’ve been down so bad the last 15+ years, with like 3-4 years of copium sprinkled in…thinking we were close to returning to prominence.

Advertisement
Back