• Randy Shannon

Votes: 32 8.5%
  • Al Golden

Votes: 200 53.1%
  • Manny Diaz

Votes: 124 32.9%

• Total voters
Advertisement
Hate? lol ya'll are grown men too. Let go.
Animated GIF
... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Those 2 losses is what catapults Diaz to the top of Pyramid of most hateable Corches in this discussion.

There’s really no counter-argument for losing to FIU at Marlins Park & getting skunked 14-0 to La Tech lol.

I still think Folden was the worse because his 5 years at Miami left a toxicity that continued to permeate around the program for years after, but I fully understand why many will say it was Diaz.
Skunked not just taking a L but skunked bro lol. A real AD and admin would have realized and canned his *** but it’s all in the past now the future is bright !

Advertisement
none of them should have been hired here so really hard to blame them. Administratio made some terrible hires

Most will say golden or diaz but really shannon tanked this program. It was declining at the end of coker but still a top 10 program when Shannon took over, it was maybe top 30 when he left.

48-0 to UVA in the Orange Bowl and several reports that players didn't even workout or have a strength system during the season are just some of the reasons

They all sucked for various reasons. I could never put Shannon on top of this list cause at least he bled for this U. Flip a coin between Manny and Golden. Manny 1A and Golden 1B. Nahhh come to think of it … Losses to FIU, La Tech, and getting embarrassed Vs UNC, makes the needle move to point at one name…. Manny DiAss!

Advertisement
Al Folden by a landslide IMO & here’s my reasoning:

I gave all of the Corches a chance, (meaning even with the doubts I had I was willing to give them 2 years to prove themself before I wanted them out), but with Folden I never wanted him here from day 1 & did not give him a chance AT ALL because I knew he was going to fail & fail hard because he was an absolute shìt Corch at Temple.

His team's routinely lost games they shouldn't have:
- He lost to Buffalo
- Bowling Green
- Ohio
- Western Mich
- Kent St
- VillaFckinNova (a BBall school that doesn't even care about Football)
- UCLA & a bunch others at Temple.

It showed his track record was of a below average coach that NEVER got his team's to play all out for him, his team's always FOLDED up when it mattered most. (Hence why he became Al Folden & as you’ll notice I never refer to him as his given name)... He was 27-34 at Temple, he was literally a sub .500 Coach who had absolutely no business ever even being interviewed to be a volunteer Water boy at Greentree, let alone the HC at Miami.

The same sh*t happened at Miami, starting off with a loss vs a Maryland team that finished the season at 2-10, losing to K-State, UVA, BC. Then in 2012 K State, UNC, UVA , I wanted him gone in year one, but I REALLY wanted him gone that season. Then in his "best" season, lost to Va Tech & Duke & got steamrolled by FSU & Teddy Bridgwater's Louisville. Then the following year got smacked around by Louisville again (which should’ve been the last straw) he should've been fired after that game, but both LVille games were the perfect opportunities to get rid of him, instead they kept him on longer & he did more damage to the program with his incompetence.

We finished 2014 with a 4 game losing streak; again should've been fired, but nope let'em hang around for another season & after losing to Cincinnati he DEFINITELY should've been fired, but nope took another L to FSU & then the worst loss in school history (at that time) in the disaster vs Clemson, before the administration decided to step up & get rid of that fckin bum.

He did irrevocable damage to the program on the recruiting trail & that taken 7 years & 3 staffs to repair. What makes Folden worse than the others is his lack of work actually made it harder for Richt & even Diaz to recruit, because what recruits thought of us from when they were growing up & all the severed relationships from local South FL schools were all because of Folden. He was a complete joke who should've never been hired in the first place. (Same with Shannon & Diaz), but what separates him IMO is the fact that he genuinely was a 2-bit huckster who never gave a sh*t about Miami & was simply fleecing money from a job as a holdover until he could return back to Penn ST.

I've never seen a Corch ***** up up so bad on the recruiting trail than him, the misses he had, the God awful evals, the numerous times we had kids being hand delivered to us & he would still fck it up or flat out turn them down. I can't even get into the countless stories I have of kids who would've committed on the spot if we simply offered & Folden refused.

Folden, Shannon & Diaz were all incompetent in their own way & NONE of them should’ve ever been hired:

- Shannon was just a coordinator who was too stubborn & stuck in his old school mentality to ever be anything more than below average. The HC job was too big for him, he was nothing more than a career position coach who was unqualified for the job.

- Diaz was a dorky wannabe Football player who was the former Mayor’s son who essentially had his Daddy’s connections pull strings on his behalf to take over for Richt after he was too burnt out with health issues. If it wasn’t for his Daddy’s ties to the old money regime on the BOT & reluctancy from that faction to wanna spend legit money for a legit coach, we wouldn’t have had Diaz as a HC, he would’ve went off to Temple & failed miserably up there.

- But Folden... Not only was he unqualified, not only was a sh*tty person on top of being a sh*tty HC, but he was also the most weak jelly-spine Beta who couldn’t garner an ounce of respect from his peers. He was a walking joke & total fraud... He had the charisma of used shoe salesman... Not cars, used shoes.

I mean just look at him

View attachment 201959
View attachment 201960

No respect at all... Even a country bumpkin hillbilly goofball like Dabo was like
“Don’t even fckin look at me you roadkill squirrel pelt selling assistant manager looking mf’er..”
Solid reasoning, bruh. But if you talking losses….Manny lost to FIU, La Tech and the worst fsu team in recent history. And he also got *** raped by UNC on national TV. And He wasn’t coaching at a school like Temple. This ny99a was coaching at Miami. The University of Miami.

Folden will always be worse IMO.

Diaz was horrendous, I’m not making any excuses for him or saying he wasn’t terrible by any stretch of the imagination, but the reverberations from how awful Folden was still lingered on long after he was gone & directly affected the program for YEARS.

Actually, giving Folden the excuse of “cloud over the program” is letting him off way easier than he should be. The cloud was not over the program, Folden was the cloud, he didn’t inherit a dead program, HE killed it. He shouldn’t get a 2 year out whatsoever; After Shannon was fired Miami could’ve hired Gary Patterson from TCU, Jimmy Johnson recommended him & personally vouched for him to the BOT. Charlie Strong, Sonny Dykes, Tommy Tuberville, Todd Graham & Skip Holtz were all available s potential coaches we could’ve hired to replace Shannon & if we weren’t a dirt cheap program at the time we definitely would have landed one of them with a simple amount of effort.

What does that have to do with Folden you might ask? Well, think about it like this, out of all those potential coaches I just mentioned for that time in 2010-2011, if hired them under the same circumstances as we did with Folden, do you think they’ve would’ve been as bad as Folden? Meaning, do you think any coach hired after Shannon was going to be as bad as Folden, or was Folden just as bad regardless of the circumstances?

Or another way to look at it; Does Folden turn us to a winning program under better circumstances?

Diaz had really embarrassing Game day results against inferior teams obviously, but lets not act like @ K-State, @ Notre lame in Chicago in 2012, @ FSU, @ Duke & vs LVille in Russell Athletic Bowl in 2013 weren’t any less bad or embarrassing.

It may be recency bias when it comes to Diaz, but I mean we’re really splitting hairs on varying degrees of bad lol

I guess I would frame with these two questions:

Which “best” season from the 3 Corch Triumphant would you pick?
- 2009 Randy Shannon
- 2013 AL Folden
- 2020 Manny Diaz

Which Bad season was the worst among the 3 Stooges?
- 2008 Randy Shannon
- 2014 Al Folden
- 2019 Manny Diaz

I had to go through my calisthenics workout b4 I replied to this. Lol

Riddle me this, Rasta GOAT

-With Golden’s recruits, did we not have our best 3 yr stretch in over 10 yrs w/ Richt?

-With Golden’s recruits, did we not finally win The Coastal?

Let’s be clear, Golden was a chitty, chit, chit coach; but even Golden didn’t start any season 0-2. ****, as a matter of fact, Diaz is the first coach to start the season sub .500 after 3 games 2+ times since Butch in ‘95 & ‘97, but at least w/ Butch we can say he was dealing w/ a **** near death penalty. From Coker, to Shannon, to Golden, to Richt, none of them started 1-2 more than one time in their careers; Diaz started 1-2 in 2 of his 3 yrs w/ no sanctions or cloud.

OK, let’s peer deeper at Golden’s losses in 2012:
-3 of the losses came against teams that finished in the top 15 (KSU-11th ; ND-4th ; FSU - 8th)
-1 of the losses came against an 8 win team (UNC)
-1 inexcusable loss against UVA (4 wins)

-3 losses to teams that finished top 15 & went a combined 36-5, including the eventual Nat’l Champions
-1 loss against an 8 win VT team

Now let’s compare to 2019
-There was only one “good loss” that yr, which came at the hands of UF who was ranked top 10, & finished top 10.
-The other 6 losses came against teams that finished a combined: 39-37, that included against two G5 teams, & three sub .500 teams

2020 (Covid yr)
-All 3 losses against top 25 opponents
-1 of the losses was historic on epic proportions.

We talk about Golden’s losses, OK:
Golden was here for 4.5 yrs. His losses came against opponents who went a combined:
2011: 44-23
2012: 47-17
2013: 44-10
2014: 60-32
2015: 31-10
Total: 226 - 92 (.710 win %)

Compare w/ Diaz:
2019: 50-39
2020: 26-9
2021: 41-24
Total: 117 - 72 (.619 win %)

I mean, like I said, Golden was chitty coach, but Diaz was the toilet….naw, Fck that king, he was the sewers b/c everybody took a dump on us. Diaz got a lot of players paid as DC or HC. When they showed a players profile from the ACC or a bowl game, u betcha it was against us.

Advertisement
Solid reasoning, bruh. But if you talking losses….Manny lost to FIU, La Tech and the worst fsu team in recent history. And he also got *** raped by UNC on national TV. And He wasn’t coaching at a school like Temple. This ny99a was coaching at Miami. The University of Miami.

Might as well be Miami of OH. 🤦🏾‍♂️

They all sucked for various reasons. I could never put Shannon on top of this list cause at least he bled for this U. Flip a coin between Manny and Golden. Manny 1A and Golden 1B. Nahhh come to think of it … Losses to FIU, La Tech, and getting embarrassed Vs UNC, makes the needle move to point at one name…. Manny DiAss!

Let’s not forget True Freshman Howell in his 2nd game completing a 4th & 17 for a game winning drive.

And never forget we lost to 3-9 GT in OT at home or 5-7 Duke on the road.

Advertisement
None of the above. They were all hired to do a job and unfortunately for all it didn't work out. I'm sure every single one of them would still love to be coaching here as that would've meant they were successful.

Weird *** thread and hate for past coaches is lame as ****.
the only one I dont like is golden bc of how he held us hostage for weeks of no contact when he wanted the Penn state job

I had to go through my calisthenics workout b4 I replied to this. Lol

Riddle me this, Rasta GOAT

-With Golden’s recruits, did we not have our best 3 yr stretch in over 10 yrs w/ Richt?

-With Golden’s recruits, did we not finally win The Coastal?

Let’s be clear, Golden was a chitty, chit, chit coach; but even Golden didn’t start any season 0-2. ****, as a matter of fact, Diaz is the first coach to start the season sub .500 after 3 games 2+ times since Butch in ‘95 & ‘97, but at least w/ Butch we can say he was dealing w/ a **** near death penalty. From Coker, to Shannon, to Golden, to Richt, none of them started 1-2 more than one time in their careers; Diaz started 1-2 in 2 of his 3 yrs w/ no sanctions or cloud.

OK, let’s peer deeper at Golden’s losses in 2012:
-3 of the losses came against teams that finished in the top 15 (KSU-11th ; ND-4th ; FSU - 8th)
-1 of the losses came against an 8 win team (UNC)
-1 inexcusable loss against UVA (4 wins)

-3 losses to teams that finished top 15 & went a combined 36-5, including the eventual Nat’l Champions
-1 loss against an 8 win VT team

Now let’s compare to 2019
-There was only one “good loss” that yr, which came at the hands of UF who was ranked top 10, & finished top 10.
-The other 6 losses came against teams that finished a combined: 39-37, that included against two G5 teams, & three sub .500 teams

2020 (Covid yr)
-All 3 losses against top 25 opponents
-1 of the losses was historic on epic proportions.

We talk about Golden’s losses, OK:
Golden was here for 4.5 yrs. His losses came against opponents who went a combined:
2011: 44-23
2012: 47-17
2013: 44-10
2014: 60-32
2015: 31-10
Total: 226 - 92 (.710 win %)

Compare w/ Diaz:
2019: 50-39
2020: 26-9
2021: 41-24
Total: 117 - 72 (.619 win %)

I mean, like I said, Golden was chitty coach, but Diaz was the toilet….naw, Fck that king, he was the sewers b/c everybody took a dump on us. Diaz got a lot of players paid as DC or HC. When they showed a players profile from the ACC or a bowl game, u betcha it was against us.
Compelling argument, my G 💯

The FIU & La Tech losses are the ultimate trump cards lol

Advertisement
Back