Which Cane ya picking first?

Who ya picking first?

• Total voters
4.7 is good for that size that's moving. To think he transformed his body super fast to when he got here. I just don't like his get off......I think he still isn't even developed yet. He can be all pro withhold coaching
Calais did the same EXACT thing at UM and people had your same sentiments. My only semi knock on Greg is that he didn’t always show the same passion consistently as Calais. That being said, he wasn’t even a starter for a 1/3 of the season. However, he was the leader of the defense against FSU at FSU. Calais never took over like that as a leader showing complete domination. Bottom line is guys like these are rare born football Gods. You run to the podium to drop off the draft card. It’s hilarious to me these “expert” mock drafts someone would actually take Asante Samuels over GR. That must be some really good or should I say bad drugs they’ve taken in mad quantities over the years. Or maybe there’s just no cure for stupid.

Advertisement
I can see the CC comp, he just doesn't scream NFL star to me. Obviously I could be wrong and only time will tell. Like I said I hope they are both 10 year NFL monsters.

You may be a bit mopey, but at least you hedge and acknowledge that Greg may turn into a great NFL player. You're not a fake Cane fan who roots against our players like Krazy Cane does.

Here's a crazy thought. Imagine if they both ended up on the same team.

Phillips and its not even close. If you can take a year off from football in the prime of your life. Then you probably don't love it as much as the next guy in line. It's a violent, brutal game and obviously takes a certain mindset (look what happened to Garvin for recent example)
Well you realize Phillips took a year off football as well. **** he basically quit altogether.

Semper Canes!!!

Advertisement
For the bengals and drafting high in round, Borregales is the only pick that I want based on availability and need. Even both#15 slide to round 2 we need WR or OL. Brevin i dont think will be a long term TE solution. Roche is a possibility but again don't want us 3rd on him so a 4th is most likely.

No hate on Rousseau but why do people keep spewing this narrative of his "ceiling" is higher than Phillips??

Phillips was the #1 recruit in the nation based on potential. His measurables are off the charts. His ceiling is about as high as it gets IMO.

Both will be incredible, both have extremely high ceilings. I just don't see Rousseau's being higher.
well i think phillips is more pro ready so what you see is what you get...Rousseau had a freak szn so the potential is off the charts but his pro day was bad for a guy who opted out the season which is why he's going to fall into round 2.

Recency bias favors Phillips, but Rousseau is such a genetic freak he could be all world. I'm going with the gamble and taking Rousseau lol. I do think both will have pro bowl careers though.

Advertisement
Both guys should go top 10 if we’re being brutally honest. Phillips is the best DE & arguably the best defensive player in the draft. Rousseau isn’t too far from him & dominated CFB as a RS freshman. Gotta keep this in mind when these scouts are evaluating Rousseau’s tape they’re looking at RS freshman film lol. The kid would’ve absolutely lit CFB up this past season but unfortunately opted out. Phillips & Rousseau both were All Americans & tested off the charts for their size/position. GMs are overthinking it if they both fall out of the top 10 point blank period.

Both guys should go top 10 if we’re being brutally honest. Phillips is the best DE & arguably the best defensive player in the draft. Rousseau isn’t too far from him & dominated CFB as a RS freshman. Gotta keep this in mind when these scouts are evaluating Rousseau’s tape they’re looking at RS freshman film lol. The kid would’ve absolutely lit CFB up this past season but unfortunately opted out. Phillips & Rousseau both were All Americans & tested off the charts for their size/position. GMs are overthinking it if they both fall out of the top 10 point blank period.
Maybe, just maybe, the teams in the top 10 don't need a DE...? Or maybe there are better players ahead of them.

Maybe, just maybe, the teams in the top 10 don't need a DE...? Or maybe there are better players ahead of them.
DE is a premium position when building a football team. QB, LT, DE, & CB are the four premium positions in football. You don’t pass up on elite talents like Phillips & Rousseau just because “you don’t need a DE” lol. They’re next in line at DE like both Bosa’s & Young. So that should answer your question about it being better players ahead of them.

Advertisement
DE is a premium position when building a football team. QB, LT, DE, & CB are the four premium positions in football. You don’t pass up on elite talents like Phillips & Rousseau just because “you don’t need a DE” lol. They’re next in line at DE like both Bosa’s & Young. So that should answer your question about it being better players ahead of them.
If my DL is decent but I have trouble passing downfield with Chase, Waddle, Pitts, and Smith on the board guess what position I'm taking. Phillips and Rousseau are good players but are not can't miss talents like a Myles Garrett, the Bosa bros, or Von Miller. If that were the case they'd be predicted to go top 10.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If my DL is decent but I have trouble passing downfield with Chase, Waddle, Pitts, and Smith on the board guess what position I'm taking. Phillips and Rousseau are good players but are not can't miss talents like a Myles Garrett, the Bosa bros, or Von Miller. If that were the case they'd be predicted to go top 10.
Thanks your list is half Texas guys

As a DE, Phillips but Rousseau has potential to grow into a DT with that elite frame. So yea I’m rolling the dice and going with Rousseau for the upside potential of being a pro bowl DT.

I think they’re both on the same level as the Bosa’s & Chase Young. Washington took Chase Young when they already had a nice young talented d-line. Phillips & Rousseau both dominated & tested well. Stop looking for red flags & watch the games.

Advertisement
Back