Which Cane ya picking first?

Who ya picking first?

• Total voters
Advertisement
More interesting question, which Cane do you take first, all time? And that has to be based on what you project coming out of college, not on what they actually did in the NFL.

Advertisement
sign language GIF by Sign with Robert

Advertisement
I'd take Rousseau as well. May take a couple years in the league but he's gonna be a problem.
I take production over a couple tenths in the 40 every time. Yes, Phillips had a good season, but what GR did in 2019 was off the charts. 15 sacks and didn't even start the season as a starter? That's crazy. What he can do at his size with his length is something that just won't show up in testing.

This is a bit tougher than I originally imagined. I guess I'll say Phillips due to the fact that he's pretty much been dominant his whole football career. GR15 is more so built from potential. GR might very well surpass Phillips but I have to go with what's been proven.

Advertisement
More interesting question, which Cane do you take first, all time? And that has to be based on what you project coming out of college, not on what they actually did in the NFL.

I was thinking this as well when I first saw this thread.

Sean Taylor and it's really not even close. Dude remains the best pure football player I've ever seen.

I could see Hendricks or Jerome Brown in that discussion but I didn't get to watch them play.

Sean Taylor and it's really not even close. Dude remains the best pure football player I've ever seen.

I could see Hendricks or Jerome Brown in that discussion but I didn't get to watch them play.
Gimme Ray Lewis. Maybe the greatest "tackler" of all time and a great leader of men.

Advertisement
Phillips and its not even close. If you can take a year off from football in the prime of your life. Then you probably don't love it as much as the next guy in line. It's a violent, brutal game and obviously takes a certain mindset (look what happened to Garvin for recent example)

And this is why the question is really interesting to me. I agree that Taylor was an exceptional talent, but I don't know that he was a superior draft prospect to a Dan Morgan. Ed Reed showed us glimpses in college, but not the totality of what he eventually displayed in the NFL, same with Ray Lewis. We've been so spoiled that we overlook Kennedy, Sapp, Hendricks, Brown, Bennie Blades, Edge, Irvin, Kelly, Dre Johnson, etc... There are just so many.

When guys like Mike Barrow and Eddie Brown might not crack your school's all time lineup, you've got a **** of a school.

Advertisement
Back