NFL Draft Whew!!! Had me worried for a while

Advertisement
yeah I agree with this take he can catch everything. If travis benjamin can get drafted high I would say Rambo has just as big a skill set. I think there is a slight on Miami lately.
Maybe the NFL just looks at Miami players and says "why bother"? The guys we've had of late haven't been doing anything everybody else couldn't do. At that point, maybe you take the kid from Lower Boise St. figuring he's got a chip on his shoulder as opposed to the kid from Miami who might think he's owed something. Or not, I don't know.

What I do know is that we haven't had much in the way of talent recently. And that's what I think about in August when people start talking about 9 wins being the floor for this team. We're an above-average ACC team on talent and we've been under-coached for decades. That doesn't change quickly.

You better be a nfl scout lmao because If everyone sees him as a safety, including Cristobal and company… who are you to say differently. I think you’re not understanding NFL for what it is right now… a passing league!! And anyone can see JWill is a talented beast in the defense. Whether you put him at safety or LB… you gotta get this guy on your defense. Him playing safety in college ONLY helps him in the nfl, seeing it’s a passing league!!! He’s a first rounder! Just Hamilton from ND went first round. Isiah Simmons went first round. Not only because of their measurables, but also because of their ability to play different positions.
Yeah, a guy who has multiple defensive players in the NFL doesn't know what kind of league it is right now. 🙄 😆 Y'all just be saying whatever.
Thanks for the education bud. 😆

First of all, you don't hide your most talented Safety to the boundary or in the box.
Our staff is currently keeping him at Safety, because that's where he was, and that's where he wants to be. They're trying.
They're not 100% comfortable with him there though, which is why he plays to the boundary and in the box. He's a scheme specific player. He doesn't have the range to be a full-time deep Safety. He's also not very fond of tackling either.

Hamilton and Simmons are more athletic than Williams. So drop that comparison. Simmons is a flat-out freak. And guess what he's playing right now... LINEBACKER.

Advertisement
This is Rambo's predraft analysis...

Weaknesses...

*Leggy release lacks suddenness.
*Press can take his route way off schedule.
*Alabama cornerbacks stayed in his face all game.
*Carries lean frame and below-average play strength.
*Disappointing contested catch success rate.
*Career tape filled with too many easy drops.
*Production bolstered by easy hitch screens.

That's a pretty accurate analysis. Y'all get caught up with stats and fail to realize that NFL scouts are going to translate that player to THEIR LEAGUE...and they have all the uncut game film.
The NFL plays a ton of press-man coverage with big physical corners. It doesn't matter if Rambo had 150 catches for 1700 yards... If they see one game of him struggling with press-man versus NFL level opponents, they're not going to hold him in high regard. A guy like Benjamin gets drafted over Rambo because Benjamin can lose you at the line of scrimmage and leave you eating his dust. It ain't about stats.

At 6'1" 177lbs NFL Corners are going to bully him off of his route. He's tall but light in the a$s.
If you're 5'10" 177lbs it's different because you're probably "sudden" and quick laterally, which helps offset the advantage of a big physical press Corner.

Yeah, a guy who has multiple defensive players in the NFL doesn't know what kind of league it is right now. 🙄 😆 Y'all just be saying whatever.

First of all, you don't hide your most talented Safety to the boundary or in the box.
Our staff is currently keeping him at Safety, because that's where he was, and that's where he wants to be. They're trying.
They're not 100% comfortable with him there though, which is why he plays to the boundary and in the box. He's a scheme specific player. He doesn't have the range to be a full-time deep Safety. He's also not very fond of tackling either.

Hamilton and Simmons are more athletic than Williams. So drop that comparison. Simmons is a flat-out freak. And guess what he's playing right now... LINEBACKER.
Yeah but we talking college and Simmons played safety in college, but I guess we shall see. You want do want Williams playing safety, and I don’t want Thomas Davis at DE… but that’s where they are lining up. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Last edited:
Stevenson was our best player on defense last year. He’ll be that again this season. He’ll go in the first two days. He’s the only layup for nfl teams that played for us last season that was draft eligible.

This is Rambo's predraft analysis...

Weaknesses...

*Leggy release lacks suddenness.
*Press can take his route way off schedule.
*Alabama cornerbacks stayed in his face all game.
*Carries lean frame and below-average play strength.
*Disappointing contested catch success rate.
*Career tape filled with too many easy drops.
*Production bolstered by easy hitch screens.

That's a pretty accurate analysis. Y'all get caught up with stats and fail to realize that NFL scouts are going to translate that player to THEIR LEAGUE...and they have all the uncut game film.
The NFL plays a ton of press-man coverage with big physical corners. It doesn't matter if Rambo had 150 catches for 1700 yards... If they see one game of him struggling with press-man versus NFL level opponents, they're not going to hold him in high regard. A guy like Benjamin gets drafted over Rambo because Benjamin can lose you at the line of scrimmage and leave you eating his dust. It ain't about stats.

At 6'1" 177lbs NFL Corners are going to bully him off of his route. He's tall but light in the a$s.
If you're 5'10" 177lbs it's different because you're probably "sudden" and quick laterally, which helps offset the advantage of a big physical press Corner.

Say it again for the ppl in the back, bruh. Thank u; so u couple that w/ a weak combine which highlighted the habit of dropping balls, & voila…UDFA. If he ran a 4.4 or below, the NFL would’ve looked at him different, but ur slight & running a sub par 40, & u dropped a couple of balls in a drill? Bruhhh…u just proved their point.

Advertisement

Watching the spring game Williams looked really skinny for his height.... I'm not saying he's not a great athlete but going forward he really needs to fill his frame if he has serious NFL aspirations....

Say it again for the ppl in the back, bruh. Thank u; so u couple that w/ a weak combine which highlighted the habit of dropping balls, & voila…UDFA. If he ran a 4.4 or below, the NFL would’ve looked at him different, but ur slight & running a sub par 40, & u dropped a couple of balls in a drill? Bruhhh…u just proved their point.
People really don't understand the size and speed difference between the NFL and college I guess... We see these kinds of things take place every year and people still act shocked when a player from their team doesn't get picked where they wanted/hoped he would get picked, if picked at all....

Advertisement
TrumpyCane wants to know who are the athletic freaks on this current roster? Those are the players that will be drafted

Rambo wasn’t drafted because he isn’t fast, he can’t jump high, and his height doesn’t beat out the other two

Why was Artie Burns a first round pick and Tracy Howard went undrafted?

Why was Njoku a first round pick and Brevin a 5th round pick?

Advertisement
Going into next year and not including Soph and Freshmen because they haven't played enough to really get a feel.
We have only one potential first rounder in TVD, Nelson and Parrish are potential Day 2 picks but the rest are Day 3 picks at best. This is why we have been terrible, we can't out talent people plus with bad coaching gets us to where we are.
Is TVD a first rounder? I ask because we always get lathered up about kids and they generally get picked on day two or three.

He may very well be a first rounder, I am not a scout but I did not hear him mentioned during this years draft. Nelson and Uncle Brad are two recent players everyone had going day one.

Advertisement
Back