NFL Draft Whew!!! Had me worried for a while

Advertisement
Speaks volumes about the talent level on the rooster. We have come through some dark times but there is a huge light at the end of this tunnel. Mario and staff will most certainly see to that.

What I continue to not understand are the cases like Rambo. The fact he wasn't drafted is no surprise to me and that isn't a knock on the kid. I wish him and every single player to suit up for this U all the success possible. I understand being anxious to go be a pro and make money. I get that but there seems to be a huge disconnect between what some of these kids are expecting or are being told to expect and what actually ends up happening.

My advice to Rambo would have been to stay another year and have 2 consecutive years of excellent production to show the NFL. In the meantime I'm certain that he would have had a decent NIL deal to carry him through. Now he can't even get that and has to go into Panthers camp as a UDFA. Yes he can make it but as an UDFA the road is a bit tougher. Hopefully with NIL in full swing we will see much less of the unfortunate situation that a great young man like Charleston Rambo now finds himself in.

The last time Miami had 1 player drafted was 2009 (Spencer Adkins - 6th round)
2008 Miami Hurricanes record? 7-6

The time before that? 1980
(Gene Coleman - 12th round)
1979 Miami Hurricanes record? 5-6

So it appears the talent, or lack thereof, drafted is a direct correlation of the season we have.

Advertisement
I’m very shocked Jon was the guy selected. I’m very happy for him, but I though Rambo was a lock to get drafted. Maybe I need to go rewatch his film and study his route tree more, but he made contested catch after contested catch throughout the year.

I’m surprised cam hasn’t signed yet, he’s can do it all. Obviously not a standout at anything, but he’s not a liability at any skill set.

Weird times.

Jon was the only guy I saw getting drafted. Bubba might have been my only surprise. I knew Cam wasn’t going to to know NFL team. As well as King. Now the thing about Rambo is that he’s lite in the ***, he runs close to a 4.6 and he plays somewhat lackadaisical. He Doesn’t have that dog in him. Almost the same issue as JT4. I like Rambo though and hopes he gets a chance somewhere. I honestly believe NFL Draft is more about talent than production now. Example, the number 1 overall pick hasn’t tallied more than 8 sacks in whole career at uga but went 1st round. Our guys had decent numbers, but talent wise… they’re not there. Here’s the guys on the team right now who I believe regardless of production… are nfl guys. Assuming they are all healthy.

James Williams (1-2)
Kam Kinchens (2-3)
Xavier Restropo (5-7)
Tyler Van Dyke (1-2)
Jalen Rivers (1-3)
Zion Nelson (1-2)
Chase Smith (4-6)
Donald Chaney (4-6)
Leonard Taylor (3-5)
Elijah Arroyo (2-3)
Will Mallory (5-7)
Jakai Clark (5-7)
Keyshawn Smith?? (5-7)

Jon was the only guy I saw getting drafted. Bubba might have been my only surprise. I knew Cam wasn’t going to to know NFL team. As well as King. Now the thing about Rambo is that he light in the ***, he’s running close to a 4.6 and he plays somewhat lackadaisical. Doesn’t have that dog in him. Almost the same issue with JT4. I like Rambo though and hopes he gets a chance somewhere. I honestly believe NFL Draft is more about talent than production now. Example, the number 1 overall pick hasn’t tallied more than. 8 sacks in whole career at uga and he went 1st round. Our guys had decent numbers, but talent wise… they’re not there. Here’s the guys on the team right now who I believe regardless of production… are nfl guys. Assuming they are all healthy.

James Williams (1-2)
Kam Kinchens (2-3)
Xavier Restropo (5-7)
Tyler Van Dyke (1-2)
Jalen Rivers (1-3)
Zion Nelson (1-2)
Chase Smith (4-6)
Donald Chaney (4-6)
Leonard Taylor (3-5)
Elijah Arroyo (2-3)
Will Mallory (5-7)
Jakai Clark (5-7)
Keyshawn Smith?? (5-7)
That’s a reasonable list. Zion has the potential if he pieces it all together to go that high. James needs to clean up his tackling technique a lot. I ******* love Kam. Jalen we shall see. Chase has round 1 potential in my mind with his length and athleticism, no idea how much of a true football player he is though.

Very intriguing prospects on the roster for sure!

Jon was the only guy I saw getting drafted. Bubba might have been my only surprise. I knew Cam wasn’t going to to know NFL team. As well as King. Now the thing about Rambo is that he’s lite in the ***, he runs close to a 4.6 and he plays somewhat lackadaisical. He Doesn’t have that dog in him. Almost the same issue as JT4. I like Rambo though and hopes he gets a chance somewhere. I honestly believe NFL Draft is more about talent than production now. Example, the number 1 overall pick hasn’t tallied more than 8 sacks in whole career at uga but went 1st round. Our guys had decent numbers, but talent wise… they’re not there. Here’s the guys on the team right now who I believe regardless of production… are nfl guys. Assuming they are all healthy.

James Williams (1-2)
Kam Kinchens (2-3)
Xavier Restropo (5-7)
Tyler Van Dyke (1-2)
Jalen Rivers (1-3)
Zion Nelson (1-2)
Chase Smith (4-6)
Donald Chaney (4-6)
Leonard Taylor (3-5)
Elijah Arroyo (2-3)
Will Mallory (5-7)
Jakai Clark (5-7)
Keyshawn Smith?? (5-7)

That Rambo take was terrible

Advertisement
yeah I agree with this take he can catch everything. If travis benjamin can get drafted high I would say Rambo has just as big a skill set. I think there is a slight on Miami lately.

Travis Benjamin Career:
2,146 yrds (16.4/per) 13 TDs (receiving)
126 yrds (5.0/per) 1 TD (rushing)
1,602 total yards ST 1 TD
Total: 3,874 total yrds 15 TDs

NFL Combine:
5’10
31 3/4 arms
8 3/4 hands
4.31 40 (1.57 10 split)
4.17 20 yrd shuffle
6.96 3-Cone
38” vertical
14 reps (225lbs)
119” broad jump

—————————Comparison———————-
Charleston Rambo Career:
2,352 yards (15.1/per) 16 TDs (receiving)
37 yrds (9.3/per) 0 TDs (rushing)
337 total yards ST 0 TDs
Total: 2,746 total yards 16 TDs

NFL Combine:
6’1
32 inch arms
9 3/4 hands
4.57 40
20 yrd shuttle (n/a)
3 cone (n/a)
Bench Press (n/a)
33.5” vertical
118” broad jump

Do you see the difference between the two? Benjamin, although 3 inches shorter, had **** near the same physical traits as Rambo except the hands. But what stands out is that Travis was a do-it-all type of player w/ rare speed. He tested better by a country mile on the vertical & had a better broad jump. Travis was/is a better athlete, which means he was a valuable commodity to team b/c of his flexibility.

Rambo was in a WR room where guys were absolutely murdering the combine, & throughout his career, he’s shown himself as a one trick pony. So, if u’re measurable aren’t the best, if ur overall production is so-so, then u better kill the combine, which is what I posted here.

The fact is, he stood out like a sore thumb in a bad way, b/c this was the yr sub 4.4 times were broken. So if have 33 DBs, 20 WRs, 10 RBs, 9 LBs, 6 DLs, 1 QB, & 1 TE all running faster & testing better, what do u think is going to happen? Hence he dropped.

And to think KJ Osborn was like a 5th round pick.

The difference between KJ and Rambo? About 1 tenth of a second in the 40. Wild.

And to think KJ Osborn was like a 5th round pick.

The difference between KJ and Rambo? About 2 tenths of a second in the 40. Wild.

Naaaaah Cuddy. Lol.

KJ:
5’11
206 lbs
4.48 40
123” broad jump
18 reps bench
37.5” vertical

Compare that to the combine stats of Rambo I posted above. Rambo didn’t test well comparatively.

Advertisement
@Rellyrell Did you post that above tho? I only see the Travis Benjamin combine stats?

I posted both of their stats, but jic.

Charleston Rambo Career:
337 total yards ST 0 TDs

NFL Combine:
6’1
32 inch arms
9 3/4 hands
4.57 40
20 yrd shuttle (n/a)
3 cone (n/a)
Bench Press (n/a)
33.5” vertical
118” broad jump

Advertisement
I posted both of their stats, but jic.

Charleston Rambo Career:
337 total yards ST 0 TDs

NFL Combine:
6’1
32 inch arms
9 3/4 hands
4.57 40
20 yrd shuttle (n/a)
3 cone (n/a)
Bench Press (n/a)
33.5” vertical
118” broad jump

I just want to be clear tho, I was comparing KJ Osborn to Rambo. Not Rambo to Travis Benjamin.

Like KJ had a better 40, broad jump & 3 cone. But Rambo had a better shuttle. I was more so trying to highlight that the two are not that far off in combine performance.

But then again I'm on my 4th Tito's. It's late night lol.

I just want to be clear tho, I was comparing KJ Osborn to Rambo. Not Rambo to Travis Benjamin.

Like KJ had a better 40, broad jump & 3 cone. But Rambo had a better shuttle. I was more so trying to highlight that the two are not that far off in combine performance.

But then again I'm on my 4th Tito's. It's late night lol.
But KJ is almost 30 pounds heavier and still ran a 4.48...Rambo ran a 4.57...
That is a big difference when it comes to wrs.
Just happy we had at least 1 drafted....that would've been embarrassing

That Rambo take was terrible
Rambo didn’t get drafted lol what you mean the take is terrible. 😂😂 dude is 6’1” and only had a 33 inch vertical. Tall for nothing lol. He like 170 LBs and can’t even run a 4.5 40. The only thing I suspect is that he didn’t even prepare for the combine.

Advertisement
Back