Whether you believe it or not...

the exact quote, and i'm not sure why you can't read it since you saved it, lol. " His first real recruiting class are now Juniors, this is when we should start seeing what a golden Miami team will really look like" ..

So we are in fact starting to see that a golden Miami team will look like. We have a top 15 D, (top 30 in scoring) .. i'm sure scoring D matters more to the mopes this year since the total D number is good. And an offense ranked in the 40's in both scoring and total O, with a true freshman QB at the helm. Granted, I was reasonable before the season and thought we'd be and 8-4 team anyway, based on what we were bringing talent wise and our schedule (top 25 ranked schedule).. 10-12 wins would have been serious over achievement and golden would be in the NFL if he'd been able to get that out of this squad. Are we where we need to be W/L wise? no. But we haven't lost to any terrible teams. As of now, our worst loss will be Louisville, and the team that played that night is much different than the team on the field these days.

So a "real" Golden team goes at best 8-4 and cant win the coastal? End yourself.
read the quote. verbatim (look it up).. "this is when we SHOULD START seeing what a golden Miami team will really look like." What i see isn't all terrible, then again, i'm reasonable. As long as we finish out strong and win the bowl. I will have confidence going into next year. Golden will have a Sr. class that's all his, and the product on the field should be much better than it was this year. And even though the results don't say it, the product on the field this year (save for Louisville) has not been bad.

Yes, you ******* ******. We know what you said. The goal isn't to be not "all terrible," the goal is to be one of the best programs in the country. Golden can't even make Miami one of the three best programs in the ACC. Gotta love how now the timeline is moved back again because you've realized you're full of ****.

Advertisement
hrm, lrg?

the exact quote, and i'm not sure why you can't read it since you saved it, lol. " His first real recruiting class are now Juniors, this is when we should start seeing what a golden Miami team will really look like" ..

So we are in fact starting to see that a golden Miami team will look like. We have a top 15 D, (top 30 in scoring) .. i'm sure scoring D matters more to the mopes this year since the total D number is good. And an offense ranked in the 40's in both scoring and total O, with a true freshman QB at the helm. Granted, I was reasonable before the season and thought we'd be and 8-4 team anyway, based on what we were bringing talent wise and our schedule (top 25 ranked schedule).. 10-12 wins would have been serious over achievement and golden would be in the NFL if he'd been able to get that out of this squad. Are we where we need to be W/L wise? no. But we haven't lost to any terrible teams. As of now, our worst loss will be Louisville, and the team that played that night is much different than the team on the field these days.

So a "real" Golden team goes at best 8-4 and cant win the coastal? End yourself.
read the quote. verbatim (look it up).. "this is when we SHOULD START seeing what a golden Miami team will really look like." What i see isn't all terrible, then again, i'm reasonable. As long as we finish out strong and win the bowl. I will have confidence going into next year. Golden will have a Sr. class that's all his, and the product on the field should be much better than it was this year. And even though the results don't say it, the product on the field this year (save for Louisville) has not been bad.

Yes, you ******* ******. We know what you said. The goal isn't to be not "all terrible," the goal is to be one of the best programs in the country. Golden can't even make Miami one of the three best programs in the ACC. Gotta love how now the timeline is moved back again because you've realized you're full of ****.

Some genius said "the window" was 7 to 9 wins this year, so all is well. But next year he expects "the window" to be 11 to 13 wins even though we're losing our entire group of top contributing core players.

Dont believe it not even close... Auburn and Notre Dame would kill this team. A healthy Clemson would kill this team

They will tell Golden anything to keep him doing what hes doing smh
Auburn,ND and Clemson in Sun Life.I'll take that bet!

Yes, you ****ing ******. We know what you said. The goal isn't to be not "all terrible," the goal is to be one of the best programs in the country. Golden can't even make Miami one of the three best programs in the ACC. Gotta love how now the timeline is moved back again because you've realized you're full of ****.

Some genius said "the window" was 7 to 9 wins this year, so all is well. But next year he expects "the window" to be 11 to 13 wins even though we're losing our entire group of top contributing core players.

But don't worry, as long as somebody else predicts our "window" to be 7-9 wins, then "DaGoldenDick83" can just say that he was right because we met expectations.

Yes, you ****ing ******. We know what you said. The goal isn't to be not "all terrible," the goal is to be one of the best programs in the country. Golden can't even make Miami one of the three best programs in the ACC. Gotta love how now the timeline is moved back again because you've realized you're full of ****.

But don't worry, as long as somebody else predicts our "window" to be 7-9 wins, then "DaGoldenDick83" can just say that he was right because we met expectations.

The diminished intellectual capacity of the slack-jawed rubes on here provides me constant amusement. It's one of the last places on earth where you can mock and taunt the mentally handicapped with impunity. I thank DMoney and the fellas for providing a final refuge in this politically correct world for those of us who like to beat on cripples.

They have managed to take the world's diminished view of our program, which is due to the lame HC we have, and then claim victory when we nearly meet those lowly marks. Top notch.

Advertisement
In regards to the expectations, the only expectation I read consistently was winning the coastal this year. How many times did we see, "Win the coastal or GTFO." We are 6-4 and out of contention for the coastal. This season is a failure. No excuses.

In regards to the expectations, the only expectation I read consistently was winning the coastal this year. How many times did we see, "Win the coastal or GTFO." We are 6-4 and out of contention for the coastal. This season is a failure. No excuses.

My expectation was 10 regular season wins and a Coastal title. We failed miserably. Again.

LULZ at the dudes who are like "yeah, we're losing Duke, but..." just shrugging off his loss next year.

Duke is far and away the best player on this team and the most important and impactful player we've had under Folden. He has singlehandedly rescued Folden a dozen times and is responsible for him still having a job.

Without defenses keying on Duke, Folden is completely useless. Just look at the fsu game last week for a perfect example.

It's especially hilarious when you consider that when we were arguing this offseason people constantly said that if we had Duke we would've beaten Duke, VT and Lousiville.

LULZ at the dudes who are like "yeah, we're losing Duke, but..." just shrugging off his loss next year.

Duke is far and away the best player on this team and the most important and impactful player we've had under Folden. He has singlehandedly rescued Folden a dozen times and is responsible for him still having a job.

Without defenses keying on Duke, Folden is completely useless. Just look at the fsu game last week for a perfect example.

It's especially hilarious when you consider that when we were arguing this offseason people constantly said that if we had Duke we would've beaten Duke, VT and Lousiville.

LOL, and that if we had a better time of possession, all problems would be solved on defense. You, me, and plenty of other posters who aren't mentally challenged said that if it wasn't one thing, it would just be something else. Now we've got a productive defense, a productive offense, have had Duke all year, and we have a worse record than last year.

Advertisement
M
This year reminds me very much like the 1999 season. We are getting better. I remember after the game Bowden was beside himself. He didn't think Miami would be as competitive as quickly as they were in 1999.

Please, just stop. That 1999 team beat 2 ranked teams one being the #9 one

Nice try. Ohio State finished 6-6 that year. Who gives a flip what their pre-season rank was? The 1999 squad beat 1 ranked team--Georgia Tech in the Gator.

How the **** does this remind you of 1999? Miami still hasn't beaten a team worth a dam and yes, the perform me against fsu was admirable but ultimately they didn't do anything that 2 or whatever teams have already done against fsu this year. If miami was the first team to expose fsu then I might agree but they weren't .

No different than the teams that played 2002 osu close. That was their m.o. As it has been fsu's this year.

Simple, because the core team returns and most importantly the true freshman quarterback is playing at a very high level. We lose 1 defensive tackle, 1 defensive end, 2 linebackers, and 1 cornerback and 1 safety. The guy we'll miss is Perryman. Love Chick but he is replaceable. Like Pierre and so is he. Are you going to tell me Fentress is not replaceable? Chad Thomas is coming on. Jermaine Grace is coming on. Burns is coming on. Bush is playing like a first team All-ACC performer. I really like Owens and Young. You get Muhammad and Jenkins back. Huge loss if Duke declares. We'll run by committee next year. Yearby should be better. Edwards has improved significantly. We've got three very talented freshman coming in. We lose Phillip. Yes, we lose Clive but Dobard has skills. I'm not sure Flowers will declare, but Linder and Darling have been terrific as true freshmen. Isidora has improved greatly the past 4 games. Gadbois was getting better each week before injury. K.C. McDermott assuming he is healthy is a very nice talent. We return one of the best punters in the nation. Need to improve in the kicking game.

Um no it's not as simple as Miami returning a few guys from a team that accomplished nothing. 1999 team had some notable wins atleast and a core that built off that. This group has nothing. They also return a coach who's never done nothing. Maybe this compares to some other team but I don't get the 1999 simularities. There aren't any.

They are positioning themselves for playoff rankings. Of course Unranked miami is better than notre dame and auburn.

The core returns?

Let's see. We lose our leading WR. Our leading RB. Most likely our leading offensive lineman. Our leading DE. Our leading LB. A fantastic TE. One of our top corners.

But our core is back.

Advertisement
The core returns?

Let's see. We lose our leading WR. Our leading RB. Most likely our leading offensive lineman. Our leading DE. Our leading LB. A fantastic TE. One of our top corners.

But our core is back.

I swear they have to be Gorlden relations or honest to God retards.

Advertisement
Between not winning the Coastal, again, and being 0-4 against FSU, how can Golden not get fired?

Would bet they tell the same to every coaching staff they've beaten.

But I have zero doubt we have a solid team. Our coaches are just holding this team back.

A teams no better than its coaches. It is a solid team with solid coaches. Great coaches? I don't know and that has not been proven. I'm still skeptical of the defensive philosophy.

FSU coaches told Miami coaches after the game that Miami was the best team they've faced in two years.

Listen Pete, I know the administration isn't going to make a move after the year unless they completely quit and I doubt that will happen because this team plays hard for Golden, but at what point do you think they will have seen enough? When does the cry become too loud?

Even the patient folks like myself are prepared for a change, but it's awful because I feel like that half was the best Miami football that's been played since '05. It's great that we've come that far, but if the staff is a staff that can't get the job done when the money is on the line, then what the **** is the point? Isn't it time to get somebody in here that can realize the potential of this talented group before it's Brad Kaaya's Senior Day and he stands in the middle of an empty Sun Life Stadium with another 4 losses on his resume as a senior?

I thought you were a Golden supporter. Did you change your views based on the coaching disaster in the second half?

Advertisement
Back