Wheres the bar for 2018?

Win Coastal, beat VT and FSU (kinda necessary for a Coastal title anyway), and beat LSU.

Yeah, that looks like the bar is 12-0, but winning the Coastal is mandatory, so ill say THATS the bar.

No QB as of yet for 2018, so forget playoffs and expectations of a ACC Title. Just beat the 5 crap coastal opponents, and at least one vs LSU and FSU (they are both winnable).

Win the awful Coastal or the season is a failure.

Those 5 crap Coastal opponents always seem to give us a ton of trouble, though. I almost think it would be a major step forward if we made it through a season without any of those games being in doubt in the 2nd half.

Advertisement
I see a lot of folks not even asking to win the ACC. So the bar is officially no improvement for those folks. Sad.

Bama didn't win the SEC and they're sitting pretty.
Two weeks ago they were saying we may get in the playoffs even with a close loss in the ACCCG.
We came no where close to that, but I'll take it next year if that's how it plays out.

No doubt that the Coastal is now expected every year.

Last edited:
Win Coastal, beat VT and FSU (kinda necessary for a Coastal title anyway), and beat LSU.

Yeah, that looks like the bar is 12-0, but winning the Coastal is mandatory, so ill say THATS the bar.

No QB as of yet for 2018, so forget playoffs and expectations of a ACC Title. Just beat the 5 crap coastal opponents, and at least one vs LSU and FSU (they are both winnable).

Win the awful Coastal or the season is a failure.

Those 5 crap Coastal opponents always seem to give us a ton of trouble, though. I almost think it would be a major step forward if we made it through a season without any of those games being in doubt in the 2nd half.

Yes, because we have been crap for so long. Next year, we need to put distance between us and that sorry lot, and we should.

LOL, win the Coastal, dont lose to lesser teams, and beat FSU and LSU........not too much of a reach for a goal. Yet it would mean 12-0 :)

Throw the record out the window. We are 10-2, but lucky we aren't 7-5, or worse. Next year I want to see us dominate the teams we should dominate. THAT would be progress. We could finish 10-2 and be a far better team than we were this year. We need to learn how to come out hot and get big leads so our backups can get real reps. Hanging on to beat teams like UNC isn't going to cut it next year.

We need better QB play, or next year we won't be so fortunate. Get that and we'll have a real shot at the playoffs. Get more of the same and some of those close Ws turn into Ls.

Throw the record out the window. We are 10-2, but lucky we aren't 7-5, or worse. Next year I want to see us dominate the teams we should dominate. THAT would be progress. We could finish 10-2 and be a far better team than we were this year. We need to learn how to come out hot and get big leads so our backups can get real reps. Hanging on to beat teams like UNC isn't going to cut it next year.

We need better QB play, or next year we won't be so fortunate. Get that and we'll have a real shot at the playoffs. Get more of the same and some of those close Ws turn into Ls.

Yes, could have been even worse than 7-5. Imagine this season with the Folden mentality? So Id say its a first step, just winning. We beat ranked teams, highly ranked elite teams, in showcase games. Been forever since we did that (ten plus years). We finally won the Crap Coastal. And we did it with some major shortcomings (depth, youth, talent, no OL, QB, injuries to our key players).

The blowouts will come. The team will only get better.

BTW, its very probable a Folden coached team would have lost 9-10 games this year. Just saying.

Advertisement

Yes, could have been even worse than 7-5. Imagine this season with the Folden mentality? So Id say its a first step, just winning. We beat ranked teams, highly ranked elite teams, in showcase games. Been forever since we did that (ten plus years). We finally won the Crap Coastal. And we did it with some major shortcomings (depth, youth, talent, no OL, QB, injuries to our key players).

The blowouts will come. The team will only get better.

BTW, its very probable a Folden coached team would have lost 9-10 games this year. Just saying.

There was certainly progress. I'm just saying, if we don't get better QB play we will need more luck to get to 10 wins next year. The team as a whole is better than it's been in years, but that one position can turn the whole thing sour if it plays like crap. Players are going to get tired of missed opportunities once the Ls start.

The schedule in 2018, like 2017, is easy. Miami is the class of the field again in the Coastal and should win. Below find the Out of Conference schedules of Power 5 teams that Play Miami next season. FSU, VT and Pitt dominating and going undefeated against their OOC opponents may help Miami’s Strength of schedule and record.

Miami - LSU, @Toledo, FIU, Savannah St

FSU - Samford, Northern Illinois, @Independent team, Florida
@VT - W&M, E. Car, @Old Dominion, Independent team
@BC - UMass, Holy Cross, @Kansas, Purdue
@GT - Alcorn St, [MENTION=5352]USF[/MENTION], Bowling Green, @UGA
@UVA - Richmond, @Indiana, Ohio, Liberty
UNC - @Cal, @E. Car, UCF, W. Car
Duke - Army, [MENTION=19140]North[/MENTION]western, @Baylor, UNC-Central
Pitt - Albany, PSU, @UCF, @Independent team

LSU - Miami, Southeastern Louisiana, Louisiana Tech, Rice

It seems mighty LSU's non-conference schedule is a typical SEC non-conference. :um1lw: Go figure. Because with the exception of Miami, LSU's schedule is SOFT! For instance, I believe both Rice and SE La. were in ESPN's BOTTOM 10 and what not.

LSU has to play Bama and Auburn too. You think they should add another tough OOC game? That's not being realistic dude.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back