Wheres the bar for 2018?

2018's bar is pretty much the position we we're in this year win the conference championship and you're in the playoffs. At the very least we should be doing that next year with a better team.

Advertisement
The goal is winning the ACC next year. People just have to learn you’re not always gonna reach high goals. Clemson could be the best team in the nation again next year, so who knows what could happen. Problem is our fan base wants to fire the coach everytime something goes wrong.

As others have stated I'd like to start dominating ****, run of the mill ACC teams. This death struggle every week can't happen. Need to start imposing our will.

It's more of an eye test for me, rather than locked in W/L record.

No more losing to the Pitts of the world.

Diaz starts prepping a proper game plan out the gate. Richt develops a coherent identity on offense.

Start getting off the field on third down as a defense and improve our third down/red zone offense.

10+ wins
Win the ACC or at least Competitive ACC game vs Clemson
Stronger, Physical, and a WAYYYY more imposing team on both sides of the trenches the entire season.
Faster team.
Top 10 defense in almost every category. Total yards, Scoring defense, run defense, pass defense, yards per play, TFL, Sacks, and yards per game.
More consistent QB play.

Advertisement
Before we mention regression, lets be honest: if we played this season with this team 9 more times, we'd win 11 once and less than 10 8 times. Some of those great plays guys made to get us wins, some of those bad passes that we intercepted just wouldn't happen again.

Very good. We won 10 games but our level of play didn't suggest 10 wins. And you don't even need to look at the games themselves. The pointspreads we played to game after game indicated not much separation between ourselves and one opponent after another. You can expect to continually win games when you are only -5.5 (like at Duke), +3 (at Florida State), -6.5 (vs. Georgia Tech), -2 (vs. Virginia Tech) and +3.5 (vs. Notre Dame.) Somehow this board and this fan base now take most of those opponents for granted, and will expect to likewise sweep all the tightly rated games next season and the following seasons. It is not going to happen. We desperately need our power rating to rise another 7 points or more, to exponentially increase margin for error. Yes, you can lose at any favoritism but I'd like to be closer to Ohio State level than where we are.

If this were a professional team I'd definitely expect regression next season. That is not as automatic in the college game, where significant roster improvement can happen and in fact can already be underway.

Off the top of my head my goal would be to defeat LSU. That would be a huge step. I expect Alabama to defeat Clemson and Georgia to take care of Oklahoma, setting up an All-SEC title game, which would further elevate the reputation of that conference. Defeating LSU in the opener would mean something, and is more of a hurdle than most here are suggesting. That program is loaded with raw talent.

IMO it's no so much about record next year as it is just about being better. Even really good teams lose 1-2 games, but no more dogfights with 1 win teams...

I agree. The same record would be fine but us fans want to see better qb play, and the oline imposing their will on lesser teams. Better on 3rd downs on both sides of the ball.

Prbly starting a new QB

I’ll be happy with another 11-1 or 10-2 season with us going to the ACCCG and either winning or at least making it ******* competitive

Advertisement
11-1 with acc birth at minimum. We’ll know if we’re playoff contenders if we handle LSU to open. Don’t think we lose but if it’s a low scoring 7 point game then I wouldn’t say a playoff contender at that time.

Beat LSU, win at least 10 games and the Coastal, and be competitive with Clemson win or lose which has us in the top 4 debate and gets us a Big 6 Bowl at a minimum. Beyond that...

- better qb play
- being able to run the ball WHEN WE NEED TO
- have a shut down defense
- improved special teams

Advertisement
This is Miami, the National Championship is the bar always, so for me we must at least get to that game. That doesn’t mean we start ames if we don’t but all is not right until we get one.

The goal is always to win the ACC and get into the playoffs now. But, we don't NEED to do anything. What are you going to do if we don't accomplish those goals? ******* Christ, some of you people are insufferable. We could have 19 season ending injuries, and you'd post, "no excuses, next man up." We could go 12-0 and lose by 1 point to 12-0, #1 Clemson in the ACCCG and you'd call it a failure because we NEEDED to win the ACC. Just shut the **** up.

A good step closer. Hard to see us completely closing the gap on Clemson, but who knows.

Advertisement
Idk what the schedule is like for next season but in my mind, 10 games and coastal champs is the bar.

IMO it's no so much about record next year as it is just about being better. Even really good teams lose 1-2 games, but no more dogfights with 1 win teams...

This right here, outside of ND and VT we still don't look like the Canes. Those types of games need to become the norm and not the exception

Advertisement
Back