Wheres the bar for 2018?

Advertisement
I'm sure some will say 10 - 1 when in actuality we should return to the ACC Championship Game 11-1 or undefeated.

I'm sure some will say 10 - 1 when in actuality we should return to the ACC Championship Game 11-1 or undefeated.

I agree with this as a goal. If we enter the ACCCG next year in the same position as this year, win and get in to playoffs, I’ll call that a success. Too many unknowns to go much beyond that at this point.

Advertisement
Playing in the ACCCG is the standard. Some years we will be good enough to win it with some of those good enough to win the entire thing. We finally have a staff that should be able to beat 5-6 average conference opponents and be challenged by 2-3 a year (FSU, VT). Anything less is unacceptable

IMO if we are starting new players at QB, WR, RB, and OL/DL then ACCCG and a NY6 bowl would be fine for me. I do not expect to be in the playoffs until 2019 depending on who stays.

Edit: I would also like to see our Offense improve and actually take over a game for once. I felt that this year the offense always had to claw their way out of a hole. Would like them to start out fast next year and keep their foot down on an opponent.

Last edited:
I see a lot of folks not even asking to win the ACC. So the bar is officially no improvement for those folks. Sad.

Advertisement
So if we dont win the ACC next year you yell at the wife or kick the dog? I want to see the new guys play .I want to beat our ACC coastal rivals. I want to see some big wins like this year. If we don't win the ACC I am not going to consider the year a failure.

Advertisement
So if we dont win the ACC next year you yell at the wife or kick the dog? I want to see the new guys play .I want to beat our ACC coastal rivals. I want to see some big wins like this year. If we don't win the ACC I am not going to consider the year a failure.

Im not going to do anything.

I just want to see what peoples expectations are. I have been reading a lot that the goal this year was to win the Coastal. So is the goal the same next year?

Get the Coastal, at least COMPETE with Clemson for the ACC or win it.
Clemson has a 4-5 yr headstart recruiting and coaching depth. Finish strong

Winning the ACC and a playoff appearance are clearly the goals, but it's too early to tell how realistic that is. Before we mention regression, lets be honest: if we played this season with this team 9 more times, we'd win 11 once and less than 10 8 times. Some of those great plays guys made to get us wins, some of those bad passes that we intercepted just wouldn't happen again.

Obviously some of you mouthbreathers will say I'm goldenized or some stupid sht, but the truth is that we just don't know what to expect next year. This team could take a step back or win a NC. We need to see who leaves, how the new guys fit in, who progresses and who doesn't before we will know what kind of team we have. And if you think I'm being a *****, ask yourself this: who's our punter next year?

Advertisement
Winning the ACC is the primary goal for next year. Whether that means 3 losses or no losses. But it will be tough because while Clemson will lose some studs, they are also a young team with only 6 seniors. So I mean I wouldn't say I "Expect" an ACC Championship next year, especially if Clemson wins back to back Nattys this yr, but that's obviously the goal.

**** I could see us winning out until the ACC Champ game and losing to Clemson but still making the CFP. And I wouldn't consider that a failure obviously.

edit: Bama didn't win their conference or even their division this year. But they only lost one game and got into the CFP. So I mean I doubt they'd really consider this yr a failure even though they didn't win their own division.

Last edited:
I just want to see what peoples expectations are. I have been reading a lot that the goal this year was to win the Coastal. So is the goal the same next year?

Well, my expectations (hopes?) going into this season were that Miami would be able to beat FSU and ND. Starting 10-0 and winning the Coastal was an unexpected surprise.

Win the coastal and 10 in the regular season give Clemson or whoever we play a better game in the acctg or win it.

IMO it's no so much about record next year as it is just about being better. Even really good teams lose 1-2 games, but no more dogfights with 1 win teams...

Advertisement
Back