Wherein I explain why I'm still a slurper

You know the Chappelle Show R Kelly trial skit where they ask him what it would take to find him guilty and he goes on about what would have to be on the video… that’s these people with admitting that Manny is a **** coach.

nicole simpson can't rap - I want justice - i use that line in social settings on the regular. Not many get the reference. shame

Advertisement
No, they aren’t. Stop.
Lol they really are tho:
FSU
Duke
cuse
GA tech (a toss up)
Louisville( another toss up)
App state is among the top in the G5 if not the cream of the crop. That’s with or without our performance against them..they’ve beat A SEC team, beat UNC..they have 4 double digit winning szns since they joined The sunbelt. I don’t mind scheduling these type of games tbh. Then a true cream puff right before conference schedule

The Canes are not playing fundamentally sound football right now (especially the LBs). Against App State, it was shocking to see various serious coverage busts (and the DBs are by far the best unit on D right now). Tackling is so basic and the art of tackling properly needs to be drilled into the players on Defense every session until we see consistently improved tackling. Manny needs to fix that problem & fast or this will be a long & disappointing season.

Fact: Manny started out with the wrong crew of defensive coaches. They didn't recruit well. We are seeing underwhelming talent at LB and DE as a result. That is really hurting our play this year. We're unable to get any pressure without blitzing. Those calling out Rumph for his recruiting were correct. The influx of elite talent we've had at the DB position since TRob's hiring has been a stark but very welcome contrast. That hasn't happened yet at LB or DE. There are some great young talents on the roster at DB, WR, DT (Taylor), RB & QB. We desperately need talented players at DE, OL, and LB to take the next step.

Manny has shown the ability to identify issues & fix them. Recruiting has improved with TRob and DVD on the staff. His success or failure will largely be determined by: (i) his recruiting at DE, OL, and LB (and continued success in the Portal); (ii) play of the Ol; and (iii) Lashlee's playcalling. He's a very good DC (we've seen that with highly ranked defenses coached by him). We're simply missing about 5-6 key horses at DE and LB currently -- and "yes" that is Manny's fault. With the great young talent we have at DB (as well as Leonard Taylor), we just need to recruit the heck out of DE and LB and we could have a nasty defense in 1-2 years.

In the interim, the team could make major strides if it just did four things:

1) Tackle well. Learn how to tackle. Practice tackling every day. Make it a huge part of the culture to tackle well
2) Play disciplined football (completely cut out the dumb & selfish penalties)
3) Play with toughness. I don't see it from the OL, the TEs (when blocking) or the WR. I'd love to see some toughness & grit.
4) Every player performs their role on each play to the best of their ability: See Donaldson not blocking for Rambo (who wasn't pleased). This makes a huge difference (negative plays can turn into significant gains).

If Manny can continue to improve his recruiting materially (especially at DE, LB and OL), he could have a bright future. If he doesn't he will not succeed here (and I think that would be a tremendous shame). IMHO, he should get 1-2 years to continue refining, building & recruiting elite talent (Miami talent not JAGs) unless the W-L record this season or next is really poor (as there are now great young talents on the roster).

Lol they really are tho:
FSU
Duke
cuse
GA tech (a toss up)
Louisville( another toss up)
App state is among the top in the G5 if not the cream of the crop. That’s with or without our performance against them..they’ve beat A SEC team, beat UNC..they have 4 double digit winning szns since they joined The sunbelt. I don’t mind scheduling these type of games tbh. Then a true cream puff right before conference schedule
Wow. Whatever makes you feel better, bruh. It’s not even worth debating this moronic topic. The desperation people have is funny. As usual, time will silence all this stupidity.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back