Where were you when Sean Taylor dismantled FSU in 2003?

Advertisement
I was in the 6th grade. My boys came over to play ball and i told my mom to tell them I wasn't home so i could watch the game. Worth it.

Right in the middle of the FSU student section drunk off my *** talkin **** to anyone that would listen.

Glorious day.

In my apt ****ed up from a hangover.... And still made sure to wake up and watch that game

Advertisement
Working on my doctorate at FSU and sitting in the UM section at Doak Campbell getting soaked. I was sick as a dog for 3-4 days after the game, but it was well worth it.

Easily one of greatest defensive performances in hurricane history. He dam near won the game by himself in a sense.

Advertisement
I was in my UM gear in a FSU skybox in the end zone where Taylor scored and did most of his work. It seemed like all the great plays were right down in front of us. I still love recalling standing at the window of the skybox after the game watching the FSU fans walk out and giving me the finger. It was great.

I was on my honeymoon in Hawaii watching the game at 6am local time. Bought my newlywed wife a spa package for that morning so I could be left alone to watch the game.

I remember emailing the local ABC station over there to verify that they were going to air the game.

I was in the 6th grade. My boys came over to play ball and i told my mom to tell them I wasn't home so i could watch the game. Worth it.

At the game, leading chants in the section, going hoarse by game end, and curled up in the backseat of car with full onset of flu from that miserable weather. I wouldn't trade that memory ...

Advertisement
Had to work that Saturday but we put the game on in the break room.
Easy to say it was not the most productive day at work.

There was a picture of that game that had Rix dropping back to pass and there was about 10 ST in the secondary. If anyone finds it, I will be forever grateful.

Advertisement
****ed cuz I couldn't watch the game. 11th grade at a bake sale and it was pouring rain because Albany ga is about 1hr away from tally.

At the Ale House in Doral. I remember seeing Jarrett Payton walking into the Doak his dads Bears jersey with number 34 and thiking to myself, "boy you better run like your daddy if we are going to win today." He had a **** of a game, but no doubt ST stole the show. Bobby Bowden was quoted after the game saying, "that's the best **** football player I've seen in a long time".

45yd line at Doak with my pops. I'll never forget the rain that day.... And that Stanford Samuels hit on Roscoe Perrish.

To this day it's the best defensive performance I've witnessed in person from a Miami Hurricane. Dan Morgan throwing up in 2000(?) and then intercepting that ball is up there too. Sean was on another level that day though.

#RIP26

Watching the game at home in the 10th or 11th grade in pure awww and disbelief as to what i was seeing. the 1st time i saw defensive player soley be the main reason a team won a game of that magnitude.

Jarret Payton balled out to at RB that game but ST put our entire team on his back. It was like when Lebron James went up against the Celtics in the playoffs as a Heat on the road elimination game, thats how locked in Sean Taylor was that day from start to finish.

Advertisement
Back