Where we go from here

If you dont already have serious questions abo7t richt, youre in denial.
Richt lost me after last year. He can make all the youtube sandwich videos he wants. He needs to be let go. He will not change 15 years at uga showed that. Fortunately he won't get 5 years here.

Advertisement
Beyond those 2 reasons, you’ve got linebackers taking themselves out of plays, DBs continuing to not turn around for the ball, untimely blitzes being called, Joe Jackson and Jaquan engaging the same offensive tackle on one play, terrible tackling. The list goes on and on. This is Manny’s defense and it doesn’t live up to the standard in my view.

You hit the defensive problem on the head. It is Manny’s defense. It needs to be a Miami defense.

@Brooklyndee is this offense a complex system to learn and richt just uses the same few things because rosier is trash or is that the system? I' m wondering why guys on offense continually are said to not know the offense.

I agree manny needs to switch some things up but the vast majority of our problems werent in scheme YESTERDAY brother. It was jhavonte dean who I've fought for having zero understanding of either the qbs read or the recievers actual place on the field. How many times did we see her be right there inside shoulder then the reciever would either stop or cut in & dean would simply continue to run straight for no joke atleast another 8yrds before he realized the reciever was no longer on his outside hip. I spent an hr last night cussing mike out over that dude being on the field for so long. Or on these run plays our sam or fs having no clue over gap integrity & not understanding when you see a do attack one gap you pick one over easiest way to look at it. That long run for the td in the first was absolutely pathetic & I saw there players laughing at us over that. Shouldve been no more than a 4yrd pick up but when the dl got caught in the wash than sam & knowles went to the same exact spot on the field that had no part in the play the same gaurd was able to pull and take both out. Atleast knowles couldve actually attacked instead of looking so lost and just saying oh well. The bigger problem from the defenses perspective to me was the fact that our front 7 was just sad. Front 4 other than gerald were a joke. Let's just hope that this mediocre line picked up on an aberration rather than exposed that unit for what we are.

Dean's issues go way beyond the mental part. He's stiff, high-hipped and struggles to bend his knees and turn his hips. He tried to jam that WR Chase but he overextended himself, stood straight and opened the gate giving the WR a straight-line path to the endzone. He managed to get back in phase because he's long and fast but then the same thing happened again at the top of the route.

He physically can't play. It's that simple. I have similar concerns about Frierson too as he has a similar build and his own share of technique deficiencies.

Advertisement
Brother think about this.

On the defensive side of the ball..outside of Diaz, no one has more than 3 years on field cfb coaching experience.

Insanity
And who the fck taught sorry *** Manny everything he knows? Mickey Andrews, who was as basic as basic gets, and only succeeded in the 80s when everyone was running 2 backs 2 wide and a TE, and he had better players than everyone. And toilet licker Chuck Amato. Those are his mentors.

I agree manny needs to switch some things up but the vast majority of our problems werent in scheme YESTERDAY brother. It was jhavonte dean who I've fought for having zero understanding of either the qbs read or the recievers actual place on the field. How many times did we see her be right there inside shoulder then the reciever would either stop or cut in & dean would simply continue to run straight for no joke atleast another 8yrds before he realized the reciever was no longer on his outside hip. I spent an hr last night cussing mike out over that dude being on the field for so long. Or on these run plays our sam or fs having no clue over gap integrity & not understanding when you see a do attack one gap you pick one over easiest way to look at it. That long run for the td in the first was absolutely pathetic & I saw there players laughing at us over that. Shouldve been no more than a 4yrd pick up but when the dl got caught in the wash than sam & knowles went to the same exact spot on the field that had no part in the play the same gaurd was able to pull and take both out. Atleast knowles couldve actually attacked instead of looking so lost and just saying oh well. The bigger problem from the defenses perspective to me was the fact that our front 7 was just sad. Front 4 other than gerald were a joke. Let's just hope that this mediocre line picked up on an aberration rather than exposed that unit for what we are.

Cant even blame Knowles, we had 6 backups in the game at one time. Its the 1st freaking qtr! We overrotate. Our backups are not that good yet to earn those snaps. Jennings jumps in wrong gap, Mike smith is easily blocked, Bethel is easily pinned and blocked and the hole is sooo wide open that the guard had no one to block and just saw scrub *** backup safety. The rb went untouched.

Richt lost me after last year. He can make all the youtube sandwich videos he wants. He needs to be let go. He will not change 15 years at uga showed that. Fortunately he won't get 5 years here.

Bruh we’ve seen this move so many times. Coker year 3, Shannon year 3, Golden year 2 & now Richt year 3.

Advertisement
And who the fck taught sorry *** Manny everything he knows? Mickey Andrews, who was as basic as basic gets, and only succeeded in the 80s when everyone was running 2 backs 2 wide and a TE, and he had better players than everyone. And toilet licker Chuck Amato. Those are his mentors.

Like you’ve taught us from the beginning. You’re only good as you’re coaching tree.

Diaz is the defensive version of Steve Kragthorpe

I hear you on the players being at fault, but as soon a I saw that long TD run I knew Knowles was on the field. Then they showed the replay, and there’s Knowles running himself out of the play and getting in other players’ way.

Knowles doesn’t put himself out there. We sign a killer Safety that Sabag tried to helicopter to TusKKKaloosa, yet he’s “not ready.” We can’t get infinitely more talented players ready to play against a super basic offense with a first time starter and a new and terrible OL and all new skill players.

Burrow, in his first game, constantly outschemed Diaz. He was regularly seeing what Diaz was doing and audibled into better plays. That LSU offense is pedestrian, but you got the feeling that whenever they needed to make a play against us they did.

Bruh we’ve seen this move so many times. Coker year 3, Shannon year 3, Golden year 2 & now Richt year 3.

So who would be better? Who should we fire CMR and go and get? Lets hear it.

Seems like we have a lot of people who are much better at trying to tear things down than can actually build something. Who should we get?

Advertisement

Seems like we have a lot of people who are much better at trying to tear things down than can actually build something. Who should we get?

Yall can downvote me all to **** for this but, Dana Holgorsen is what we need.

Not very far if the status quo remains...

There has been very little progress on the field from when Richt took over to now. I was a huge fan of the hire but reality is, Richt took over a program that won 8 games w/o a HC for half the year and in his third season, Miami is closer to the California Golden Bears than it is to the elite programs.

Last nights game wasn't an outlier, this is an extension of last years mediocre team that got beat down by Pitt and needed (miracle) late comebacks to beat very bad competition (FSU, UNC, GT, Syracuse, Virginia). This is still a mediocre team with glaring deficiencies across the board (OL, QB, DB, LB, ST) similar to what we saw with Golden and Shannon.

The most disconcerting thing about Richt's tenure so far is how he's managed his staff. A coach with a desire to win a title doesn't:

-Take on playcalling duties a decade removed from when last calling plays
-Hire an unproven coach to develop and recruit the most important position on the team (if the young QB's are in fact worse than what we see on the field then WHY ARE THEY NOT RECRUITING A QB!?)
-Hire proven mediocritiy at critical positions (DC, OL)
-Hire several coaches with no CFB coaching experience (QB, LB, CB, S, DL)

You would think a veteran coach who spent several years at a major program would field a staff a lot more qualified than one filled with GA level assistants who quite frankly don't even have the credentials to be quality assistant coaches at some major programs.

There’s always a guy like this for Coker, Shannon, Golden..etc.

Go away idiot

Advertisement
There’s always a guy like this for Coker, Shannon, Golden..etc.

Go away idiot

You can't answer a question? What's wrong with a question? Someone said Dana Alcoholicson (you're name for him i believe). Who you got. There's always ***aloons like you when things go wrong. What can't come up with a name outside of Butch?

Oh wait i forgot your brother played here and you coach HS ball, you're always right

Not good. My hope with Perry is that he looks better playing real games than in practice. Which is possible.
My hope is that Perry is taken out of the equation and is gone after the season if not before. The kids a dummy and even though he intrigued us with his athletic talent we need to make the competition about the other two.

First off, I apologize for hyping this product. It’s embarrassing. Instead of erasing the Peach Bowl memory, we told the world nothing has changed. We won’t be respected for a long time after this. And we shouldn’t be.

As hopeless as we all feel, there is an entire season to play. Many seasons that looked doomed after the first game turned out very well. What are the best (realistic) steps to get things moving in the right direction? No coach is getting fired mid-season, so I’ll leave that to the other threads.

My overarching thought is this: we let experience play over talent because we started with LSU. That didn’t work, and every inferior talent got exposed. Now is the time to trust and fast track the talent.

QB- This is an obvious one. Rosier is 47% over his last eight games. That is a sample size of more than half his starting career. You can’t win like that. He’s not even the most athletic QB on the team. If anything, he’s the least dynamic.

We will be the underdog against every good team we play as long as Malik is the starter. What kills me the most is the lack of urgency he plays with. He was lifeless.

Greentree is not effective for evaluating QBs. Rosier looked improved until the real games started. We have four light games coming up. Put all three young guys under the fire (with live tackling) and see who emerges. Mix in reps with the first team. Use this schedule and the new redshirt rule to find out who belongs under center.

OL- Richt has been privately telling people that this team will take the next step when Delone Scaife, Cleveland Reed and John Campbell are ready to play. Time to expedite that process. Our guards looked out of place last night. A team like Clemson will make them look worse.

We need to get our guys through growing pains early. I’m not saying to start all three, but give them meaningful reps starting immediately. Scaife at RT and Donaldson at G may ultimately be the move.

P/K- Same story as above. Open it up over the next four games. We need to find out who is ready to play in a live environment against FSU. We were playing with a handicap all night.

DB- Dean and Knowles looked like the same guys. They are older than the others but not any better mentally. Time to let the young bloods learn on the job.

LSU was the perfect first test for us because they are strong where we are weak. Physical, strong and able to neutralize our athletic advantages. We failed the test miserably. Now is the time to radically rethink our approach as we look towards FSU.

Read the whole thing at Tampa international on the *******. Great ideas I would love to see them enacted.

Advertisement
Back