Where the top 25 players in Broward and Dade signed

At Miami we play an aggressive 4-3/4-2 base defense from an even over front that does require a 0 or 1 tech. So we can't just load up on all 3 tech or 5 tech types we also need a few war daddy types that are more athletic and slightly smaller than the traditional hulking 2 gap NT types, but still bigger or stronger than a typical 3 tech.

4-3_Over_Gaps_and_Techs2.0.jpg

Go Canes

I know that brother, but we have grizzlies right now. We lack dynamic guys on our front.

Advertisement
I will say this. This is the second list I have seen in the past 24 hours saying Frank Ladson is the best player in South Florida this year. That is ridiculous. I have seen games this year where Ladson has been a complete non factor.

Frank Ladson 100 yards in the Clemson spring game

I know that brother, but we have grizzlies right now. We lack dynamic guys on our front.

People do not understand this point enough.

Joe Jackson - 2nd percentile athlete
Gerald Willis - 8th percentile athlete
Tito Odenigbo - 8th percentile athlete
Chad Thomas - 35th percentile athlete
Trent Harris - 7th percentile athlete
Anthony Moten - 1st percentile athlete
Kendrick Norton - 15th percentile athlete
RJ McIntosh - 3rd percentile athlete

Do people on this forum not fully understand how terrible those athletic testing numbers are? Thats your two-deep over two years. Holy **** that is bad.

Advertisement
[QUOTE="Box

Do people on this forum not fully understand how terrible those athletic testing numbers are? Thats your two-deep over two years. Holy **** that is bad.
[/QUOTE]

All 8 guys listed will be on NFL rosters next year.

I Dont put as much into the analytics as you do. The percentile stuff is only a portion. Based off of yout percentile list...Kendrick Norton is/should be a better player than...Gerald Willis, Joe Jackson, RJ Mcintosh.

Ive stated this before ......Im recruiting 2nd percentile athlete Joe Jackson EVERY YEAR.

Athletic testing numbers are good and all....but im done or dont care about being a NFL factory. Football is played in pads not spandex. As long as we are getting guys to Win/compete in the acc i could care less what their draft grade/percentile is.

Its like the draft slot took away the double digit tfl, and near double digit sacks for Joe Jackson. Your high percentage/Dynamic up front guy Rashaan Gary had 9 sacks in.....3 years.

We have to continue recruiting athletic guys up front im in agreement of. I like Harvey from last class, I like Harris down the pike. But for whatever reason on defense i feel lik we might land a big timer 1 year and get lax the next year.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Box

I Dont put as much into the analytics as you do. The percentile stuff is only a portion. Based off of yout percentile list...Kendrick Norton is/should be a better player than...Gerald Willis, Joe Jackson, RJ Mcintosh.

Ive stated this before ......Im recruiting 2nd percentile athlete Joe Jackson EVERY YEAR.

Athletic testing numbers are good and all....but im done or dont care about being a NFL factory. Football is played in pads not spandex. As long as we are getting guys to Win/compete in the acc i could care less what their draft grade/percentile is.

Its like the draft slot took away the double digit tfl, and near double digit sacks for Joe Jackson. Your high percentage/Dynamic up front guy Rashaan Gary had 9 sacks in.....3 years.

We have to continue recruiting athletic guys up front im in agreement of. I like Harvey from last class, I like Harris down the pike. But for whatever reason on defense i feel lik we might land a big timer 1 year and get lax the next year.
[/QUOTE]

I do not use athletic testing as my only form of evaluation. I probably overcompensate with it on this forum because much of the discourse on this forum doesn't incorporate analytics into the discussion and its 2019...in football, its relevant. What I listed doesn't mean Norton is better than anyone...but as a collective, we've had some poor athletic testing at all levels.

I listed this out to prove a point though and help support Macho's point that I agree with...we really do lack dynamic athletes on our roster and have for a long time, especially on the DL. That isn't to say I would not take these guys, but they are universally poor athletic testers and all went significantly lower in the draft then our eyetest projected and lets be honest...their ceilings, collectively, are much lower as a result. That doesn't mean they can't become Calais (weird case that doesn't correlate to anyone else) or Olivier Vernon...but you're asking everyone to take a leap for lightening to strike multiple times at the same school at the same positions under the same circumstance. I don't think its a leap to think our star players may only be role players in the NFL when you take a peek at their athletic testing.

I said in a previous post pre-draft...I thought eye test on Joe Jackson was worthy of a Day 2 pick, but after the athletic testing, I was pretty sure he was going Day 3, and I think he now really just projects as a role player moreover a high upside pro bowl player that many tried to hype him as.

I get the criticism on Gary...but I also understand why a team will risk it all on him. Five star player...absolutely elite athlete...some production, but between a lack of finishing on film and the role he played in Don Brown's scheme...I get why his numbers are low, but understand he is likely to be a bust even though I like prospects with Gary's makeup.

I do not use athletic testing as my only form of evaluation. I probably overcompensate with it on this forum because much of the discourse on this forum doesn't incorporate analytics into the discussion and its 2019...in football, its relevant. What I listed doesn't mean Norton is better than anyone...but as a collective, we've had some poor athletic testing at all levels.

I listed this out to prove a point though and help support Macho's point that I agree with...we really do lack dynamic athletes on our roster and have for a long time, especially on the DL. That isn't to say I would not take these guys, but they are universally poor athletic testers and all went significantly lower in the draft then our eyetest projected and lets be honest...their ceilings, collectively, are much lower as a result. That doesn't mean they can't become Calais (weird case that doesn't correlate to anyone else) or Olivier Vernon...but you're asking everyone to take a leap for lightening to strike multiple times at the same school at the same positions under the same circumstance. I don't think its a leap to think our star players may only be role players in the NFL when you take a peek at their athletic testing.

I said in a previous post pre-draft...I thought eye test on Joe Jackson was worthy of a Day 2 pick, but after the athletic testing, I was pretty sure he was going Day 3, and I think he now really just projects as a role player moreover a high upside pro bowl player that many tried to hype him as.

I get the criticism on Gary...but I also understand why a team will risk it all on him. Five star player...absolutely elite athlete...some production, but between a lack of finishing on film and the role he played in Don Brown's scheme...I get why his numbers are low, but understand he is likely to be a bust even though I like prospects with Gary's makeup.
[/QUOTE]

Yea i love what you bring to the board still...so continue to do so. Im more of a filma nd in pads guy imo. Which is why i dont value the combine as much. Its kind of just a "BASE" for me.

I'd love to see the percentile numbers from some other big schools as well.

Joe Jackson imo was hurt and played all year. I dont know if our guys go out of the area to practice for the combine either. Some of these guys go to arizona, texas, and just work out and learn the tricks and trades of the combine. Im with you guys as well though ...there are certain numbers and freaks we just havent hit on as much and that is overlooked.

Advertisement
Taiwan Mullen can play just saying. Watching him on ESPN2

RJ Delancy is in the same wheelebox as him. Both are just sticky guys that know how to cover.

Crazy they got another brother that plays db at coconut creek right now. Played against them this year.

Advertisement
Per the Miami Herald:

MIAMI:
Frank Ladson, WR, 6-4, 186, South Dade, Clemson;
Tyrique Stevenson, CB, 6-0, 202, Southridge, TBD (Georgia or Miami);
Dontae Lucas, G, 6-3, 323, IMG Academy (from Miami), FSU;
Nay’Quan Wright, RB, 5-8, 188, Carol City, Florida;
Wardrick Wilson, OT, 6-4, 305, Carol City, Florida;
Cornelius Nunn, ATH, 6-0, 170, Palmetto, Syracuse;
Jarvis Brownlee, CB, 5-11, 169, Carol City, FSU;
Mark Fox, OT, 6-4, 290, Northwestern, South Carolina;
Kalani Norris, WR, 6-0, 175, Columbus, Georgia Tech;
Denzel Daxon, DT, 6-1, 315, Carol City, Ohio;
Diamante Howard, OLB, 6-2, 178, Southridge, FAU;
Sam Brooks, OLB, 6-2, 195, Northwestern, Miami;
Calijah Kancey, DT, 6-1, 264, Northwestern, Pittsburgh;
Jeramy Passmore, DE, 6-2, 250, Columbus, Indiana;
Lexington Joseph, RB, 5-7, 168, Central, FIU;
D’Sean Perry, DE, 6-3, 225, Gulliver Prep, Virginia;
Maurice Smith, OG, 6-2, 276, Central, FSU;
Malcolm Ray, DT, 6-2, 247, Carol City, FSU;
Darius Williams, OLB, 6-0, 210, Norland, USF;
Gary Cooper, TE, 6-1, 217, Columbus, Indiana;
Tatum Bethune, OLB, 6-0, 215, Central, UCF;
Joe Smith, OLB, 5-11, 190, Southridge, Toledo;
Leslie Smith, ILB, 5-10, 195, Northwestern, Pittsburgh;
Amari Johnson, WR, 5-9, 175, Carol City, UCF;
Jacquez Stuart, APB, 5-9, 170, Northwestern, Toledo;
Luis Cristobal, OG, 6-2, 295, Columbus, Georgia State.

BROWARD:
Jordan Battle, S, 6-1, 187, St. Thomas Aquinas, Alabama;
John Dunmore, WR, 6-2, 172, Chaminade-Madonna, Penn State;
Ge’mon Eaford, OLB, 6-0, 217, Deerfield Beach, Oregon;
Kenny McIntosh, RB, 6-1, 218, University School, Georgia;
Keontra Smith, S, 5-11, 205, Chaminade-Madonna, Miami;
Braylen Ingraham, DE, 6-4, 260, St. Thomas Aquinas, Alabama;
Anthony Solomon, OLB, 6-0, 190, St. Thomas Aquinas, Michigan;
Avery Huff, OLB, 6-3, 200, St. Thomas Aquinas, Miami;
Jaden Davis, CB, HT, WT, St. Thomas Aquinas, Oklahoma;
Te’Cory Couch, CB, 5-10, 148, Chaminade-Madonna, Miami;
Daniel Carter, RB, 5-10, 204, St. Thomas Aquinas, Pittsburgh;
Taiwan Mullen, CB, 5-10, 160, Coconut Creek, Indiana;
Vincent Murphy, C, 6-3, 285, St. Thomas Aquinas, South Carolina;
Jahmar Brown, OLB, 6-1, 200, St. Thomas Aquinas, South Carolina;
Marcus LaFrance, CB, 6-1, 175, Deerfield Beach, Middle Tennessee;
Semar Melvin, CB, 5-11, 163, St. Thomas Aquinas, Wisconsin;
Nikolas Ognenovic, TE, 6-5, 232, Cardinal Gibbons, Kentucky;
Jason Munoz, DE, 6-4, 276, St. Thomas Aquinas, Miami;
Vincent Davis, RB, 5-8, 165, Cardinal Gibbons, Pittsburgh;
Dorian Jones, LB, 6-0, 219, Plantation American Heritage, Louisville;
Kaleb Boateng, OT, 6-4, 293, Fort Lauderdale, Clemson;
Brandon Dorlus, DE, 6-2, 270, Deerfield Beach, Oregon;
Donte Banton, WR, 6-0, 184, Deerfield Beach, Utah;
James Williams, CB, 5-11, 175, Chaminade-Madonna, Wisconsin;
Nik Scalzo, QB, 5-11, 185, Cardinal Gibbons, Kentucky.

Based on their freshman year performances, who do you think would have made a big difference this year? I haven't seen every chosen college play this year. Of the ones I have, I can only recall seeing Ladson, Lucas and McIntosh play at all for anyone else.

And he wouldn't be doing all that ghey a$$ **** on the sideline either.

Now that may be true.

But every time i watch that dancin sh*t its typically walk on guys and redshirt dudes like Holley.

I think Dorlus couldve played here...but i also think those 3 dts we landed last class will be real good. Its weird ...its the 1 position they have really been recruiting and evaluating real well the last few classes.

I dont know what school Dorlus went to...but atleast he's playing he wouldve likely redshirted here...and have to deal with guys like Elijah Roberts being in the class behind him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back