Where is everyone located?

Advertisement
Wrong on the initials. Sometimes people think I'm the real Matador. No, but he's one if my all-time heroes and one if the greatest Canes ever. I took the handle to honor him.

Watching him in the OB on Saturday night was such an exciting experience.

One of my other all-time heroes was Don Bosseler. About ten years ago I connected with Don's son who was practicing law in SW Florida. He's in a firm with offices around the country and I think he is in Mississippi now. When I corresponded with him about ten years ago he told me his father was doing well.

Recently, an internet website published a list of the 101 greatest UM players and I think they left Don off. That is absolutely insane given that for a long time Don was the only UM player to be enshrined in the College FB HOF.

I do remember John O'Day. George McIntyre became UM freshman team coach in the 60's I believe.

I only met Phil Geatz once, and that was in Morgantown before the '86 game. I always meant to get to get back in touch, but didn't. He was tall but I don't remember the color of his hair. Phil said he would have driven down to DC for our Hurricane Watch parties. Unfortunately, we did most of the games ad hoc and on short notice. It often depended on what ABC was showing in our region and the map came out earlier in the week so there wasn't much notice. Now, there's always a choice, it seems.

Was Jim Otto on the team around that time?

EDIT: I found an old roster from around '59. A few of the other guys from that era when I've met were Vic Savoca and Bill Watts. Both lived in the D.C. area for a time.

Matador, Yes, Otto was on the team & left to play for the Raiders in 1960. He lives in Auburn, CA and owns some Burger King franchises.

Advertisement
You knew Rabbi Kronish?

There was a drugstore across 41st street where we used to go to the soda fountain. This was late 50's, early '60's. I think there was a little bridge that took 41st street to the area where My. Sinai and Nautilus we're. If you turned right after the bridge, there was a little restaurant called "Jimmy's Just a Hobby."

BS was right across the street from North Beach Elementary, wasn't it?

I remember a Lums on 41st St. There were several other drug stores and they all had coffee shops and soda fountains. Every drugstore did in those years

I had been away for many years and went with some people to see Deep Throat in San Francisco. Probably around '74-5. With a group of people. They were probably annoyed when I pointed out landmarks saying, "....and that's where I used to wait for the city bus coming back late from junior high." I think it was probably around 41st & Collins.
There was Coach Greenhut who taught P.E. at Nautilus in the late '50's. Probably the same guy.
Yup... I was bar mitzvahed by Rabbi Leon Kronish and he actually married my patents.

I used to have the paper route (Miami Beach Sun, I think) in Bal Harbor. They didn't allow Jews to live there. Sometimes I got harassed by the kids living there. I think it was the Sun because at some times I delivered the Miami News.

Now I think the mayor is ******. It's changed a lot

There was an island near Surfside that was exclusive and had homes of the very wealthy. All the years I lived there never set foot on that island. Also restricted to Jews.

Can't remember the name of the island.
.EDIT: I found an article on Indian Creek Island. Still very exclusive, mostly billionaires. Lived right near it but could never go on it.

Inside Indian Creek Island, Miami's Billionaire Bunker
I know a ****** person on Indian Creek. I had a non-****** friend that lived there in high school.

Advertisement
London in the UK....and I stay up to watch all the night games that start at 1am

Are the games on satellite? I was in Ireland about 10 years ago & couldn't find anywhere to watch American college football; thus, stop vacationing during football season.

Been in Chicago for all of my 26 years here, live in a neighborhood full of ND fans and let me tell you last years beating was one of my favorite Miami moments ever. Been a Canes fan since 2000.
I used to live in the western burbs. Went to the Miami ND game in Soldier Field where Dorset dropped those two bombs.

You ever go to the Flagship for Miami games? It’s in the Lakeview neighborhood

I used to live in the western burbs. Went to the Miami ND game in Soldier Field where Dorset dropped those two bombs.

You ever go to the Flagship for Miami games? It’s in the Lakeview neighborhood
Where about in the burbs? Yea I remember that game unfortunately.

Nah never is that a Miami bar or something? I usually just watch the games by myself or with my gf who somehow tolerates me for 3 hours.

Where about in the burbs? Yea I remember that game unfortunately.

Nah never is that a Miami bar or something? I usually just watch the games by myself or with my gf who somehow tolerates me for 3 hours.
Naperville area and worked in Western Springs. Yes it’s a Miami bar that is hooked up with the UM Chicago alumni group. Usually is packed with Canes fans on game day. https://www.flagshipchicago.com/

Advertisement
Born Hialeah
Raised part time in Hollywood and Live Oak, FL
Suwannee High c/o 2011
FAMU c/o 2015
San Diego 3 years (Navy)
Now in Greenville, SC

Advertisement
Matador, Yes, Otto was on the team & left to play for the Raiders in 1960. He lives in Auburn, CA and owns some Burger King franchises.
You in touch with him? He was amazing, so many injuries he ended up having his leg amputated. A true warrior.

I don't think he really became a superstar until he went to the Raiders and concentrated on being a center.

Duuuvvvvaaaalllll!!! J-Ville in the house!!! Making my way down for several home games this year, can’t wait for FSU @Hard Rock. I thought Vag Tech and Notre Lame were loud last season? It’s going to be insane October 6th!!!

Advertisement
Back