Where is college football headed?

Advertisement
The only hole I see in that is the annuity based on revenue, that will still push kids to the top schools, when you see the revenue of say Texas A&M vs Miami. Seems to me kids that look that far ahead would automatically go to schools with higher revenues.
Overall I'm not a fan of the annuity aspect, I don't feel the athletes are owed support beyond their playing careers, they did after all get an education.

Look at it again and I apoligize if it wasn't clear: Because of the Athletic Department spending caps being universal in CFB, teams don't need to spend all of their conference share, so the conferences keep the TV/merchandise excess revenue and use it to fund the annuity, on a CFB-wide universal scale. If Conference A has more money than Conference B after the annuity payouts, the remaining money is then evenly divided between Conference A's member schools NON-athletic scholarship funds.

Last edited:
Look at it again and I apoligize if it wasn't clear: Because of the Athletic Department spending caps being universal in CFB, teams don't need to spend all of their conference share, so the conferences keep the TV/merchandise excess revenue and use it to fund the annuity, on a CFB-wide universal scale. If Conference A has more money than Conference B after the annuity payouts, the remaining money is then evenly divided between Conference A's member schools NON-athletic scholarship funds.

You missed your calling.

Advertisement
Back