Where do we play the rest of the season?

sfowler06

Junior
Hopefully Irma misses Miami and keeps east but if not and the entire state of FL is ****ed, where do we practice and play for the rest of the season? Atlanta?

Advertisement
who cares just stay safe we will figure this out later. We will figure out something we always do

704.jpgI

The stadium is steel and concrete. They stored all the movable stuff in the concourses. Hopefully itll be minimal damage.

Now I'm convinced people are just trolling for reactions. There is no way that these people can be serious. LMAO

Advertisement
Hopefully Irma misses Miami and keeps east but if not and the entire state of FL is ****ed, where do we practice and play for the rest of the season? Atlanta?

Word out of Miami this morning is that our players will still have classes to attend. Who knew.

Word out of Miami this morning is that our players will still have classes to attend. Who knew.

Online classes...lets move the team to Atlanta. I'd like to attend every game for a change. Genius!

Now I'm convinced people are just trolling for reactions. There is no way that these people can be serious. LMAO

How is this trolling? HRS is built to sustain low CAT 4 hurricanes, not the most powerful hurricane in history. Take a lap...

Advertisement

How is this trolling? HRS is built to sustain low CAT 4 hurricanes, not the most powerful hurricane in history. Take a lap...

The stadium is in the wind zone that has to hold up to 170 mph winds, it will be fine.

The winds are 180. I pray they drop but what if they dont, or get stronger?

The stadium is in the wind zone that has to hold up to 170 mph winds, it will be fine.

based on all the hurricanes like this it has already gone through tests with? no one has any idea whats going to happen for certain. itll probably be okay, but lets not act like this is an insane concern either.

Wasn't support to handle a Cat 4 storm part of the $500M in renovations? I would imagine post-storm contingency plans include the possibility of playing elsewhere in the event of damage to the stadium. FIU and FAU face could similar issues.

based on all the hurricanes like this it has already gone through tests with? no one has any idea whats going to happen for certain. itll probably be okay, but lets not act like this is an insane concern either.

In reply to the post above and this one, as of now, the stadium will not get hit with 180 mph winds. The eye is east and it is also supposed to weaken over the land area. Also, the 2014 new building codes have to go through wind mitigation tests to pass the respective zone areas/requirements.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What if a blimp crashes into HRS during a UM home game? Where will we practice? Pete, please don't beat around the bush on this one.

The winds are 180. I pray they drop but what if they dont, or get stronger?

You've never been through a hurricane.

Obviously the whole stadium isn't going down, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's damaged a little. Especially the roof. That roof is like a sail.

I'm more worried that Greentree is going to be un-usable for a few weeks after this. We'll see.

Advertisement
Obviously the whole stadium isn't going down, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's damaged a little. Especially the roof. That roof is like a sail.

I'm more worried that Greentree is going to be un-usable for a few weeks after this. We'll see.

Sorry, I'm rolling with the idea that Greentree is going to be un-usable for a few weeks.

Let's focus on the people then buildings. The earth isn't moving and the grass won't get pulled from the earth. Sure they may have to remove some limbs but 200x75yards of grass should be the least of our concerns.

Season is over. We will never recover from this since there won't be anywhere to play! We should just do what SI recommended in the 90s and drop football altogether! Won't be long now before they do another cover story on us! If only we had the balls to play mighty Arkansas State, who beat, err, hung in there for 4 quarters, against the invincible Nebraska Cornhuskers!!! Oh how the mighty have fallen!!!

miami-football-cover2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Moron. Stadium is designed to withstand 170 mph winds, and the storm is supposed to drop to a Cat 4 by the tie it gets here. Even if it passes directly over HRS (unlikely), winds will be around 155 mph max.

These dumb, "concerned" troll posts have to stop. Take this **** back to Canesport

In reply to the post above and this one, as of now, the stadium will not get hit with 180 mph winds. The eye is east and it is also supposed to weaken over the land area. Also, the 2014 new building codes have to go through wind mitigation tests to pass the respective zone areas/requirements.

and regulations are always perfectly fail proof, so no worries.

i can guarantee you the rocket scientists at NASA always went through every test imaginable, and they've had their fair share of miscalculations as well.

again, i said it will likely be fine, but to act like concerns over the stadium sustaining damage are laughable is to severely overestimate human capabilities in the face of nature.

Advertisement
Back