Where do we play the rest of the season?

The projections have the wind dropping to Cat 4 140mph which will test lots of buildings. Coral Gables is 10' above sea level and has canals like the Coral Gables Waterway that connect it to the ocean. If the storm surge is truly 15-20', worry about the safety of all humans within a few miles of the ocean especially those not in strong multi-story buildings.

All we can hope is the cold front that just pushed through the east coast moves the High over the Atlantic closer to Europe causing Irma's path to move out to sea. Pray that cold front keeps pushing!!!

The very latest projection from the National Hurricane Center has the eye of the storm passing directly over the Miami Zoo.

You know, we could build an On Campus Stadium near there.....

Advertisement
Now I'm convinced people are just trolling for reactions. There is no way that these people can be serious. LMAO

How is this trolling? HRS is built to sustain low CAT 4 hurricanes, not the most powerful hurricane in history. Take a lap...

The stadium is in the wind zone that has to hold up to 170 mph winds, it will be fine.

The winds are 180. I pray they drop but what if they dont, or get stronger?

You've never been through a hurricane.

This aint a typical hurricane. There has never been one recorded thats had sustained winds for this long and its a monster sized storm. They are calling for 5 to 10 foot storm surges. Miami is 3 feet above sea level. A 10 foot storm surge will devastate the city and will flood inland areas for miles. Seems to be a whole lot of confidence in infrastructure that has never been tested like this before. Hoping everyone stays safe.

Irma has the potential to dwarf Andrew. You may have wind proof shutters, but the surge and the flooding are going to cause the damage. And if Miami gets a 6 foot surge then people are going to wished they left.

The issue that irritated many of us about posts like this is how some people all they think about is playing football, when where and how. When a storm that, if is true as being the fiercest ever recorded -never seen before- likely hit the state of Florida. Sound minds should focus on saving lives and properties. All issues related to football will be dealt with later after the storm passes and damage assessed.

Advertisement
What if a blimp crashes into HRS during a UM home game? Where will we practice? Pete, please don't beat around the bush on this one.

Just to piggyback on this....how it our "meteor hitting the stadium contingency plan"

Good news and Bad news.
The good is that Blake James has a Contigency Plan, the bad is that it consists of UM baseball
players with bats, and we all know they can't hit.

Ok, I'll bite.

Tropical Park.

The fan base finally gets its wish.

As a matter of fact, let's play the Notre Dame game at Central. We'll win that game. Huge recruiting tool. Saban won't get a recruit from Central for the rest of the decade.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's doubtful that any meaningful long term damage occurs to the stadium or other built up to code structures if wind remains where it is.

However, the reactions to this guy - who by the way has a son on the team - asking a question are over the top and ridiculous. Of course what else did I expect at Canesinsight.

Rational thought is hard to come by these days. It's always better to just slay the messenger and **** the consequences.

wut

CD talking about "rational thought", the guy that porsted this:

Say what you want but UM is still a bush league progrum.
Cancelling was stupid, unnecessary, and will come back to bite us in the dik.

I'm not sure if I like this rational version of him.

I was more used to the angry maniac from Utah that sounded like he needed to be darted with high doses of Haldol

Last edited:
ANY structure, even built to code, will be susceptible to structural damage if exposed to sustained winds in excess of 150 mph.

Are you an engineer? Do buildings in miami typically have different materials or hurricane proofing? And is this covered by insurance or an act of god?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why There's No Such Thing As a Category 6 Hurricane

Wow.

So it looks like there are some buildings constructed to handle this. In all likelihood, those are commercial buildings or luxury residential buildings. The common man's house is screwed.

ANY structure, even built to code, will be susceptible to structural damage if exposed to sustained winds in excess of 150 mph.

Are you an engineer? Do buildings in miami typically have different materials or hurricane proofing? And is this covered by insurance or an act of god?

Why There's No Such Thing As a Category 6 Hurricane

Wow.

So it looks like there are some buildings constructed to handle this. In all likelihood, those are commercial buildings or luxury residential buildings. The common man's house is screwed.

Yes, should have been more specific. I was referring to the misconception people have that structures built to current code will handle major hurricane force winds. There are certainly outliers, but generally that is not the case. Once you get into the 150s, **** gets dicey.

Advertisement
The issue that irritated many of us about posts like this is how some people all they think about is playing football, when where and how. When a storm that, if is true as being the fiercest ever recorded -never seen before- likely hit the state of Florida. Sound minds should focus on saving lives and properties. All issues related to football will be dealt with later after the storm passes and damage assessed.

then you should not be checking & posting on a miami hurricanes message board. youre wasting valuable prep time. literally thousands of people are dying tragically all over the world every day, yet you go on living your life and discussing miami football all those other days. why?

Last edited:
tragectly

The issue that irritated many of us about posts like this is how some people all they think about is spelling, when where and how. When a storm that, if is true as being the fiercest ever recorded -never seen before- likely hit the state of Florida. Sound minds should focus on saving lives and properties. All issues related to spelling will be dealt with later after the storm passes and damage assessed.

Advertisement
tragectly

The issue that irritated many of us about posts like this is how some people all they think about is spelling, when where and how. When a storm that, if is true as being the fiercest ever recorded -never seen before- likely hit the state of Florida. Sound minds should focus on saving lives and properties. All issues related to spelling will be dealt with later after the storm passes and damage assessed.

The only good **** is a grammer(sic) ****.

tragectly

The only good **** is a grammer(sic) ****.

Only you would think that the word "tragectly" is a grammar issue.

Advertisement
Back