Where do we play the rest of the season?

Obviously the whole stadium isn't going down, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's damaged a little. Especially the roof. That roof is like a sail.

I'm more worried that Greentree is going to be un-usable for a few weeks after this. We'll see.

If it is unusable I'm sure Richt will see if we can practice at the Dolphins facility

Advertisement
Now I'm convinced people are just trolling for reactions. There is no way that these people can be serious. LMAO

How is this trolling? HRS is built to sustain low CAT 4 hurricanes, not the most powerful hurricane in history. Take a lap...

The stadium is in the wind zone that has to hold up to 170 mph winds, it will be fine.

The winds are 180. I pray they drop but what if they dont, or get stronger?

You've never been through a hurricane.

No ****, Sherlock. Hence, why I asked the question...

Now I'm convinced people are just trolling for reactions. There is no way that these people can be serious. LMAO

How is this trolling? HRS is built to sustain low CAT 4 hurricanes, not the most powerful hurricane in history. Take a lap...
Take a lap?

1000th ****** thread about something much bigger than a **** football game throwing hypothetical **** against the wall.

How about let's have some perspective, shut the **** up, and do what you need to do to help people get through this instead of starting embarrassing threads and then telling someone to "take a lap"

the **** outta here

Andrew, the Benchmark for South Florida Hurricanes, came ashore south of Miami with little land exposure. Irma will either come up the middle or skirt the East Coast. Any friction from interaction with the land will reduce the strength. It will not be insignificant but the wind damage will be less, and, because the storm is moving, there will not be the amount of rain as in Harvey.

Dare we start a thread, Over/Under on the distance of the Eye from the UM campus?

Advertisement

The stadium is in the wind zone that has to hold up to 170 mph winds, it will be fine.

The winds are 180. I pray they drop but what if they dont, or get stronger?
Get a life troll. You must have a very sad life posting worthless information in order to get a response. You are now one of the many posters I have put on ignore because of their idiotic comments
concerning storm.

The projections have the wind dropping to Cat 4 140mph which will test lots of buildings. Coral Gables is 10' above sea level and has canals like the Coral Gables Waterway that connect it to the ocean. If the storm surge is truly 15-20', worry about the safety of all humans within a few miles of the ocean especially those not in strong multi-story buildings.

All we can hope is the cold front that just pushed through the east coast moves the High over the Atlantic closer to Europe causing Irma's path to move out to sea. Pray that cold front keeps pushing!!!

The projections have the wind dropping to Cat 4 140mph which will test lots of buildings. Coral Gables is 10' above sea level and has canals like the Coral Gables Waterway that connect it to the ocean. If the storm surge is truly 15-20', worry about the safety of all humans within a few miles of the ocean especially those not in strong multi-story buildings.

All we can hope is the cold front that just pushed through the east coast moves the High over the Atlantic closer to Europe causing Irma's path to move out to sea. Pray that cold front keeps pushing!!!

The very latest projection from the National Hurricane Center has the eye of the storm passing directly over the Miami Zoo.

Advertisement
ANY structure, even built to code, will be susceptible to structural damage if exposed to sustained winds in excess of 150 mph.

ANY structure, even built to code, will be susceptible to structural damage if exposed to sustained winds in excess of 150 mph.

The only thing that will happen at my house is if over 150 mph impact hits any window, it will shatter (like a windshield) but will not penetrate; leaving the structure completely in tact. Also have a metal roof with a lifetime guarantee to hold up. Foundation is concrete with 3500 psi rating and is concrete block all around. Broward and Dade have more stringent requirements than mine, stadium will be fine.

The only thing that will happen at my house is if over 150 mph impact hits any window, it will shatter (like a windshield) but will not penetrate; leaving the structure completely in tact. Also have a metal roof with a lifetime guarantee to hold up. Foundation is concrete with 3500 psi rating and is concrete block all around. Broward and Dade have more stringent requirements than mine, stadium will be fine.

What are they doing with the roof?

Advertisement

What are they doing with the roof?
Mine or Hard Rock? I assume you mean Hard Rock and I assume it had to be secured to withstand the same 170 mph winds, just like the rest since it's part of the structure. However, I'm not 100% on that.

Are you an engineer? Do buildings in miami typically have different materials or hurricane proofing? And is this covered by insurance or an act of god?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's doubtful that any meaningful long term damage occurs to the stadium or other built up to code structures if wind remains where it is.

However, the reactions to this guy - who by the way has a son on the team - asking a question are over the top and ridiculous. Of course what else did I expect at Canesinsight.

Advertisement
It's doubtful that any meaningful long term damage occurs to the stadium or other built up to code structures if wind remains where it is.

However, the reactions to this guy - who by the way has a son on the team - asking a question are over the top and ridiculous. Of course what else did I expect at Canesinsight.

Rational thought is hard to come by these days. It's always better to just slay the messenger and **** the consequences.

Yep.

Rational thought is hard to come by these days. It's always better to just slay the messenger and **** the consequences.

Come on man, this looks like a 100% troll, how can you even defend this post............

Hopefully Irma misses Miami and keeps east but if not and the entire state of FL is ****ed, where do we practice and play for the rest of the season? Atlanta?

How can anyone even consider "practicing and playing in Atlanta" as a reasonable thought or solution to our situation?

ESPECIALLY if he has a child on the team.

So, the kids no longer have to go to class?

The coaches move their children & families to Atlanta?

The University of Miami pays for the entire athletic department to move to Atlanta?

The players move their children and families to Atlanta?

The University of Miami pays to use the Falcons stadium?

The team just uses the local high schools in the area to practice?

At this very moment, with what our immediate future holds, it seemed 100% like a troll to ask if we would be moving to Atlanta. IMHO

Come on man, this looks like a 100% troll, how can you even defend this post............

Hopefully Irma misses Miami and keeps east but if not and the entire state of FL is ****ed, where do we practice and play for the rest of the season? Atlanta?

How can anyone even consider "practicing and playing in Atlanta" as a reasonable thought or solution to our situation?

ESPECIALLY if he has a child on the team.

So, the kids no longer have to go to class?

The coaches move their children & families to Atlanta?

The University of Miami pays for the entire athletic department to move to Atlanta?

The players move their children and families to Atlanta?

The University of Miami pays to use the Falcons stadium?

The team just uses the local high schools in the area to practice?

At this very moment, with what our immediate future holds, it seemed 100% like a troll to ask if we would be moving to Atlanta. IMHO

I think the "Atlanta" thing was only mentioned because of the earlier reports that we were going to stop over in Atl after the Arky game.

I don't think he was floating it out there as his solution. He was asking an honest question from his perspective.

The one thing we know about Canes fans is that we have the most diverse fanbase in the game. So naturally people are going to look at problems from different perspectives. This was just his.

Advertisement
Back