Where do we go?

Advertisement
I’d roll the dice and save Smith for Saturday with Rosario on Friday. With our lack of starting pitching and heavy reliance on long Palmquist appearances we have little chance of going through the losers bracket. Might as well optimize the game against Florida and give yourself the best possible chance of going 2-0.
While I agree, this team has proven it can't take any opponent for granted. We could actually beat UF w Jake, assuming we win game 1 obviously, but I don't see us beating them twice w our inconsistent starters and lack of depth.

I have not been impressed w UF this year, but they'll probably play more like their pre-season rankings now that it's vs. us again.

One of the other sites out of the 20 selected that isn’t having a Super Regional.
Seriously, that's how it would work? What a joke. That has actually happened a few times I believe (w 2 and 3 seeds in the same bracket both advancing).

Seriously, that's how it would work? What a joke. That has actually happened a few times I believe (w 2 and 3 seeds in the same bracket both advancing).

That's how it would work this year only. "All eight super regional hosts will be selected from the 16 regional hosts."

It happens quite often. In a typical year, one of those two teams would host the Super Regional.

Advertisement
You would think when you play a team every year they wouldn’t keep sending you to that same regional. The baseball committee is probably the worst of all NCAA committees
Agree and we usually get disrespected as well. Remember the year we were the #1 national seed and they sent AZ (pre-season #1) to Coral Gables?

Agree and we usually get disrespected as well. Remember the year we were the #1 national seed and they sent AZ (pre-season #1) to Coral Gables?

Come on, guys. Ease up on the disrespect thing. Miami used to be a brand in college baseball. The NCAA and ESPN absolutely wanted us in Omaha every year, back when we were good enough to get there.

That Arizona team finished tied for 4th in the Pac-10.

So does this give anyone else the impression that the tournament was meaningless? We weren’t going to host, 2 seed was our ceiling, likely always going to Gainesville.

So does this give anyone else the impression that the tournament was meaningless? We weren’t going to host, 2 seed was our ceiling, likely always going to Gainesville.

I think there was an outside shot of being the #1 at someone else's host site. For example, a strong ACC tournament run combined with a UF 0-1 in the SECT might have forced a switch there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah in the video they showed the team were happy to be going to Gainesville, but it will remain to be seen whether or not having already beaten them will help us mentally when we face them again.

Advertisement
Back