Where do we go from here?

Respectfully, same ****, different year. Nothing has really changed. One step forward, two steps back. The system is broken at the BOT level.

Then donate $300 mililion and buy influence like. You want change? That's how it happens. Money = influence. That's the only way you get the university to listen.

Advertisement
We have been a non factor for going on 18 years D. That is what scares me. Most of us will be in our 40s and 50s soon. This is scary I don't know if we will get back there. I mean Saban may retire, but I'm still not happy with the direction of a program that literally set the gold standard.

Advertisement
I agree. They are not good. We need better receivers. But I’m not sure speed is the issue.
We have no gamebreaking speed. DBs slow af, No speed at LB, Defense is just terrible, WR no game breakers, no speed. Playmakers is speed.. Just because you ran 4.4 in shorts does not mean you do it on football field.. Those guys are scared and soft. I dont hear one coach saying our speed is scary.. true 4.4 speed is scary on football field..

Our Safeties are slow, corners are slow (they can set the edge tho, #8 cant even tackle but he is big I guess) LB re just rotate a bunch of stiffs, no impact players, injury riddled unit with a backlog of young guys sitting on bench behind upperclassmen who should be asked to leave but we are too nice. DE looks trending down if we are depending on #53 and #52 come bama.. Thats shayon level bad, Manny found more talent when he got here, he has not replaced at adequate level..

We are pillow fight level bad.. 9 months from bama game and no one even thinks we have a chance.. Even if we opted out like we should have last night and King is good to go.. Man I can only imagine how many bad snaps Gaynor will have against a real dline

Manny and his defensive scheme and staff lost me big time. I think a fresh DC needs to be brought in. This isn’t like manny was some established championship winning DC with a pedigree. He’d been fired before. And his results otherwise were good not great. And we beat up on bad teams mainly. We’ve never shut down a great offense. Bring in an established DC who runs a 4-3 or 4-2-5 that fits our personnel. Let manny be a head coach. CEO. recruiter. That’s where his politician BS strengths will help him. If he refuses he will go the way of golden.

Also miss me with the Banda stuff. Let him go to Utah state. His position group isn’t that well coached. And if we bring in a legit recruiter and developer we will be fine. Every other area on D we could use improvement. Anyone involved in coaching linebackers hit the road

We have no gamebreaking speed. DBs slow af, No speed at LB, Defense is just terrible, WR no game breakers, no speed. Playmakers is speed.. Just because you ran 4.4 in shorts does not mean you do it on football field.. Those guys are scared and soft. I dont hear one coach saying our speed is scary.. true 4.4 speed is scary on football field..

Our Safeties are slow, corners are slow (they can set the edge tho, #8 cant even tackle but he is big I guess) LB re just rotate a bunch of stiffs, no impact players, injury riddled unit with a backlog of young guys sitting on bench behind upperclassmen who should be asked to leave but we are too nice. DE looks trending down if we are depending on #53 and #52 come bama.. Thats shayon level bad, Manny found more talent when he got here, he has not replaced at adequate level..

We are pillow fight level bad.. 9 months from bama game and no one even thinks we have a chance.. Even if we opted out like we should have last night and King is good to go.. Man I can only imagine how many bad snaps Gaynor will have against a real dline
Our defense definitely needs speed. We are too slow in the back 7.

Advertisement
@DMoney in your opinion do you think Manny is willing to take a hands off approach on defense? By that I mean bringing in a DC with his own guys to run the show.

Manny is a ‘smart’ guy, so he has to look around at most of these successful programs and realize that the HC’s are mostly CEO’s. I’ve run out of patience with Manny but at least that would show that he’s at least committed to winning imo.

I think it's a mistake to suggest King automatically becomes the starter when he comes back. Do we know the extent of his injury? Rehabing for 8 months does not equate to 8 months of practice. Who knows what type of player he'll be upon his return. He would have very little practice time with the team when he returns. I don't know if he'll have his athleticism back. He will likely wear a knee brace that could limit some of his mobility.

If King has a serious injury, I just don't know how productive he could be after a rehab that may take a year in normal circumstances let alone being cleared to play before the Alabama game. Just look at Donaldson. Granted he's a big man and has weight issues, but it's been over a year and he's not 100%. There's nothing guaranteed. Are you going to risk the team for 1 player?

Last edited:
when a defense gets embarrassed and gives up over 500 yards rushing and over 60 points, a "system" hasn't got
a dang thing to do with it. then they limp into a bowl game and give up over 30 points and look bad again.

its plain as **** to see when players have no motivation, pride, or any dawg in em ! THATS the problem !

Advertisement
Not sure exactly where the **** everything went wrong with the defense but this year it was a pretty big failure. Which is weird because from 2016-2019 they played to or better than their talent level. They weren’t an incredible juggernaut but they were consistently good. Especially since they weren’t trotting out a bunch of early draft picks. Was the linebacker play such a huge drop-off that it ranked the whole defensive unit? I mean that was the only major change personnel wise from 2019-2020. The 2019 unit had some flaws but they consistently carried the entire team. I think one opponent went over 400 yards against them. This year, with most of the same guys, half the schedule went over 400 and they gave up points by the bucketful. What exactly were we doing in 2019 that we weren’t doing in 2020?

I think it's a mistake to suggest King automatically becomes the starter when he comes back. Do we know the extent of his injury? Rehabing for 8 months does not equate to 8 months of practice. Who knows what type of player he'll be upon his return. He would have very little practice time with the team when he retuens. I don't know if he'll have his athleticism back. He will likely wear a knee brace that could limit some of his mobility.

If King has a serious injury, I just don't know how productive he could be after a rehab that may take a year in normal circumstances let alone being cleared to play before the Alabama game.
King tore his meniscus in 2018, so it’s not like he hasn’t been hurt before.

Advertisement
Yep. Missed assignments and poor planning happens. Not changing or learning and adapting is unacceptable.
I think they adapt but not soon enough.
dynasties GIF by BBC Earth

I hope there is more accountability next year. Snaps need to be earned, not given. Seeing 6 and 8 finish the game was a disgrace.
And Clark still played after committing a stupid penalty and the next play King tears his ACL. Yet they trot him out there. Or how about ******'s snaps barely making it to Perry.

Advertisement
Back